Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Deer heaven tonight

Go down 
+2
mathewsguy
Robert
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Robert

Robert

Deer heaven tonight Empty
PostSubject: Deer heaven tonight   Deer heaven tonight EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 9:29 pm

About a mile from our house is a wildlife preserve. Basically it was a 300 acre farm that was donated to the city. It's about 125 acres of woods and the rest is crops and high weeds. They've cleared some trails for walking and we walk it a couple nights a week. We've seen a deer or two from time to time and lots of sign but tonight it was on. As we started the walk we saw a beast of a buck and four doe in the field. The buck was a 10 pointer and already had about 130 inches of growth. He was wide and big and I'm sure the big cheese of the area since this is inside Indianapolis. So we get back toward the back of the property and look out on this bean field and there are 6 bucks working the edge about 200 yards out. Two of them were really nice bucks too. As we are watching them another doe pops out less then 30 yards away. So in our one hour walk we ended up seeing 7 bucks and 5 doe. None of the bucks were dinks. All were decent but two stood out in the pack and that first one was a man among boys. Made for a great walk this evening. I think I'm gonna have to head out one evening with the video camera and try and set up where I can get some footage of them. If I get out a little earlier I should be able to set up about 100 yards away on a tree line
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: Deer heaven tonight   Deer heaven tonight EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 10:22 pm

sounds like a cool place
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Deer heaven tonight   Deer heaven tonight EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 1:42 am

Thats cool,hope you get some footage next trip out
Back to top Go down
LawCoBowhunter

LawCoBowhunter

PostSubject: Re: Deer heaven tonight   Deer heaven tonight EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 1:53 am

Sounds like a awesome place with some great deer.Hope you get some footage of them.The deer were out good tonight on the farm.I seen a bunch of them a couple nice bucks.I had a big 8 pointer about 5 yards from me while I was riding my quad and he just stood there and I got a good look at him.I'm ready for season!
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Deer heaven tonight   Deer heaven tonight EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 7:09 am

Awesome place. Get some picts.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Deer heaven tonight   Deer heaven tonight EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 7:07 pm

I think I know where your talking about. Looke like a great habitat for growing ome big bucks. Great idea with the video cam...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deer heaven tonight   Deer heaven tonight Empty

Back to top Go down

Deer heaven tonight
Page 1 of 1