Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Not Looking Good

Go down 
+7
Mark
Dave
mathewsguy
Camoed Assassin
30pointbuck
TheRomer
volway
11 posters
AuthorMessage
volway

volway

Not Looking Good Empty
PostSubject: Not Looking Good   Not Looking Good EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 3:24 pm

Well as most of you know,I had neck surgery last Dec. and had to have some disc fused in my neck,it is like new again,I also had my shoulder rebuilt in Jan. (all this due to a work injury),well 2 weeks after my surgery I took a good spill down our stairs leading to the basement,was carrying something in my right hand,so what do I do? I catch myself with my arm I just had surgery on,well been going to theraphy for 3 days a week FOREVER and the shoulder just isn't right,so finally my Dr sends me for another MRI,well Fri I'm informed that I need surgery AGAIN cause my labreum is tore AGAIN and the whole shoulder joint is shifted forward in the socket (whatever that means) so now I'm scheduled for surgery on Aug 4th,EXACTLY 1 month before the Ky opener,Looks like I will be filming Mrs Volway for awhile,hoping to get it hilled back up in time for Nov. have a hunt scheduled in Illinois. Needles to say I'm pretty bummed out right now.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

Not Looking Good Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not Looking Good   Not Looking Good EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 4:11 pm

Dang Man That Sucks Big Time. sorry to hear that. hopefully you get better before nov.

becarefull on them stairs
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

Not Looking Good Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not Looking Good   Not Looking Good EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 4:35 pm

That does suck, Steve. Keep your head up buddy hang in there.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

Not Looking Good Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not Looking Good   Not Looking Good EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 4:38 pm

That sucks Steve. Keep a good attitude cause you could get better and be slining arrows by Nov.
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

Not Looking Good Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not Looking Good   Not Looking Good EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 5:07 pm

That stinks buddy. I fell after my first surgery and had to have a second as well. I wish you the best luck with man. I have had 3 on mine now. Good luck buddy. If you cant pull your bow back you can always do the draw lock system and you can still hunt thats what I was going to do but I managed to get my bow back in time for season.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

Not Looking Good Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not Looking Good   Not Looking Good EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 6:56 pm

Sorry to hear that Steve.... I hope it goes well and that everything works out.
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

Not Looking Good Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not Looking Good   Not Looking Good EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 7:37 pm

Note to self Steve...... " don't fall down the stairs!!!!"

I hope your ready for IL Heal fast bud!!!

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
LawCoBowhunter

LawCoBowhunter

Not Looking Good Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not Looking Good   Not Looking Good EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 11:03 pm

Sorry to hear that,hope you heal up soon.
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

Not Looking Good Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not Looking Good   Not Looking Good EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 10:18 am

Thats terrible, I hope you heal up quickly! When I broke my arm 2 years ago I got a permit to hunt with a crossbow, all it took was a note from my doc. It might save your season.
Back to top Go down
Snivs

Snivs

Not Looking Good Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not Looking Good   Not Looking Good EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 7:13 am

Sorry to hear Steve. Just stay positive and remember it could be worse. I getting alittle scared myself about my shoulder. It aches all the time and I am restricted on stretching my arm in any direction without the pain increasing. I need to just go to the doctors. Keep your head up Steve.
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

Not Looking Good Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not Looking Good   Not Looking Good EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 10:49 am

That's not good with season just round the corner. You should really look into a crossbow permit, temporary or whatwever. IMO, crossbow hunting is better than nobow hunting.
Back to top Go down
volway

volway

Not Looking Good Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not Looking Good   Not Looking Good EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 3:15 pm

wacker wrote:
That's not good with season just round the corner. You should really look into a crossbow permit, temporary or whatwever. IMO, crossbow hunting is better than nobow hunting.

I agree with that but I'm just not a BIG fan of crossbows (Not putting anyone down that uses them),I will just do some filming for Christy and whoever else when she isn't in the tree.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Not Looking Good Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not Looking Good   Not Looking Good Empty

Back to top Go down

Not Looking Good
Page 1 of 1