Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Share | 

arrow flight

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Robert

PostSubject: arrow flight   Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:35 am

Been reading a good bit this summer on perfect arrow flight, or close to it. I've been blown away at all the things you can do to assure near perfect arrow flight. Of course a finely tuned bow is key to that but there are a ton of things you can do with your arrows that aren't expensive or hard to do. I recently picked up a G5 arrow squarer and this can really help a lot. I was really shocked at minor issues with my arrows that I've not noticed before. I had little burs on both sides of my arrows that I'd not noticed before. On the nock end I had small ones that might have kept my Lumenoks from going off so I smoothed those down to get optimal contact. More importantly was the broadhead end. I had my arrows cut but a pro shop guy with a great saw but there were still tiny burs that affected how the inserts would fit up against the arrow. The biggest thing was small inperfections in my inserts from when they were machined. This can affect your broadhead fitting tight to the arrow and if not then you might experience some wobble. Maybe not at 20 yards so much but you'll notice it out at further distances. By squaring down the arrow and insert I'm giving myself the best chance to obtain perfect arrow flight. This took me about 30 minutes to do and the peace of mine I have from doing it is worth even more. Of course I've also spin tested the arrows to make sure I don't have any other issues. I'll spin test them again when I set up the hunting arrows I have. I'll pull out the best 8 arrows that have spun best and that's what my quiver will get.

I would encourage you all to do this with your arrows. Takes very little time or knowledge to do and it could mean the difference between a wounded animal and a kill shot on a wall hanger.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dave

PostSubject: Re: arrow flight   Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:46 am

Good thoughts right there... I'll definately agree with you. I have had a G5 ASD for about 4 years now and it is something that I always use.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: arrow flight   Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:22 pm

Dave wrote:
Good thoughts right there... I'll definately agree with you. I have had a G5 ASD for about 4 years now and it is something that I always use.
Yep. Same here, my broadheads tune GREAT. I also cut a 1/2 inch off the knock end and square it with the G5 ASD
That helps as well. ( befor i cut my arrows to actual length.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: arrow flight   

Back to top Go down

arrow flight
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1