Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

One or Both open???

Go down 
+12
wacker
DR
Cornfed
30pointbuck
mathewsguy
Snivs
The Guide
Dave
Robert
TheRomer
Camoed Assassin
Mark
16 posters

eyes open shooting your bow
One Eye
One or Both open??? Vote_lcap35%One or Both open??? Vote_rcap
 35% [ 7 ]
Both
One or Both open??? Vote_lcap65%One or Both open??? Vote_rcap
 65% [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 20

AuthorMessage
Mark

Mark

One or Both open??? Empty
PostSubject: One or Both open???   One or Both open??? EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 9:23 pm

When shooting your bow do you open both eyes?? or just one???

I've always shot with one, but have read a lot about keeping both Eyes open, so I've been trying....... it will take some getting used too.

Just curious what works for you......

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: One or Both open???   One or Both open??? EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 10:16 pm

I used to shoot with one eye then switched a few years ago. I close one eye at first to check the level and to assure the peep is lined up with the site housing then open that eye. I like to focus more on the target and blur out the pin. With as bright as pins are now you can still really see the pin but focus more on the target. It didn't take me long to adjust to it.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: One or Both open???   One or Both open??? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 12:37 am

I also switched from one to both a couple years ago, I just seem to shoot better with both open
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: One or Both open???   One or Both open??? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 7:37 am

I keep both eyes open till right before I shoot and then I close the left eye as I get ready for shoot
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: One or Both open???   One or Both open??? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 9:12 am

WOW surprised so far 6 both open, 0 one open

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: One or Both open???   One or Both open??? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 11:43 am

I could never close just my left eye growing up so I have always shot with both open...
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

PostSubject: Re: One or Both open???   One or Both open??? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 8:56 pm

I have tried both ways and I feel more comfortable with one eye closed. I want to try with bith eyes open but i don't get to shoot as much as i use to so i just stick with what feels right.
Back to top Go down
Snivs

Snivs

PostSubject: Re: One or Both open???   One or Both open??? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 9:06 pm

I shoot with both open also. Just like CA. I close one at first and once I am on target I open to blur the pin and focus on my shot placement.
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: One or Both open???   One or Both open??? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 10:05 pm

Does not matter to me I cant see out of my right eye anyways so I guess you could say one eye
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: One or Both open???   One or Both open??? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 7:32 pm

Always both eyes open.
Back to top Go down
Cornfed

Cornfed

PostSubject: Re: One or Both open???   One or Both open??? EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 8:05 pm

A shooter loses far to much of his field-of-view as well as a tremendous amount of low-light shooting ability by closing an eye. Also, I've found that if it's a problem.... generally I have to question if the shooter is actually shooting with his dominate eye ?!?

For thos of you that don't shoot with both eyes open, I can't stress how important it can be.

Back to top Go down
DR

DR

PostSubject: Re: One or Both open???   One or Both open??? EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 11:06 am

I shoot with one closed but from the responses, I may want to try and make the adjustment to both open.
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: One or Both open???   One or Both open??? EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 2:31 pm

I tend to open the other eye bout half way. When I open it all the way I feel I lose concentration on my shooting eye.
Back to top Go down
Rev. Juan

Rev. Juan

PostSubject: Re: One or Both open???   One or Both open??? EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 11:06 pm

with good light I can use one eye! But, when light gets low I use both & I also shoot my pistol & rifle with both eyes open affraid
Back to top Go down
buckbuster217

PostSubject: Re: One or Both open???   One or Both open??? EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 4:45 am

I shoot with one eye open, I tried both eyes open but didnt feel comfortable to me, guess Ive just shot so long with one eye closed it will stay that way.
Back to top Go down
Bowhunter83

Bowhunter83

PostSubject: Re: One or Both open???   One or Both open??? EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 9:26 am

I've always shot with both wether it was gun or bow. Dad taught me that way 20 years ago and mornings changed. Also if target is moving or what not it helps alot with depth perception keeping both open.
Back to top Go down
Justintohunting

Justintohunting

PostSubject: Re: One or Both open???   One or Both open??? EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 11:01 pm

i have tried both but feel more comfortable with just my dominate eye open
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: One or Both open???   One or Both open??? EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 10:22 am

I just wanted to see if anyone else does one eye or both??

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One or Both open???   One or Both open??? Empty

Back to top Go down

One or Both open???
Page 1 of 1