Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

The Sexy Seven

Go down 
+4
30pointbuck
Dave
TheRomer
DR
8 posters
AuthorMessage
DR

DR

The Sexy Seven Empty
PostSubject: The Sexy Seven   The Sexy Seven EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 10:57 pm

I started bow hunting two years ago. This is my second buck to date with a bow not a giant but I am proud of him. I managed to get some trail cam pics of him last summer. Here is the story.

Saturday afternoon on Sept 19th 2009 I arrived at my hunting spot around 3. Got in my climber and settled in around 3:30. Around 4:30 some kids on a distance neighboring property started lighting off fire crackers for at least and hour. Disappointed I told myself just to hang in there. At about 5:45 I looked down in the bottom and making her way towards me was a nice doe. She made her way to about 10 yards and froze facing directly at me. She knew something was not right but did not know what it was. She stood there in that same spot for 5 min. before moving on back into the thicket. I had every intention of taking her if the opportunity presented itself. I had passed up many doe's and smaller bucks prior to this day and was itchy to break the new bow in.
It was about 6 and I heard the wonderful sound of a combine cutting corn. At about 6:40 I looked down in the bottom and saw a white rack appear. I turned and immediately grabbed my bow off the hanger. When I turned back around I watched him feed on acorns for a few minutes. As I was watching him I noticed a bigger buck appear behind him known as Rex an eight point. Now I was looking at my first P&Y while on stand. Heart pounding I prayed they would come up the trail I was on. The seven started to ease his way up the trail. The seven had come to 25 yards and closing the distance slow and steady. I watched the eight as he followed a good 25 yards behind him. The seven got to 10 yards broadside and paused. I knew he smelled my trail I walked in on and it was at this time I drew my bow. Knowing he was not going to stick around long I found my anchor point settled the pin on his lungs and let it rip. He charged up the hill twenty yards and went at a 90 degree angle towards the thicket and crashed.
He is the first buck I have taken that I have trail cam pics of which makes it even better. Plus he even ran towards the truck.
The Sexy Seven Seven8-1
The Sexy Seven Greatshots11-1
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

The Sexy Seven Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sexy Seven   The Sexy Seven EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 11:01 pm

That is cool when you can harvest a buck you have gotten pics of on the trail cam.

Great Buck and Story, Congrats to ya
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

The Sexy Seven Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sexy Seven   The Sexy Seven EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 8:08 am

Great buck story right there... Great job all around!
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

The Sexy Seven Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sexy Seven   The Sexy Seven EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 8:36 am

Great picts. Nice Buck.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

The Sexy Seven Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sexy Seven   The Sexy Seven EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 1:09 pm

cool story congrats
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

The Sexy Seven Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sexy Seven   The Sexy Seven EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 4:01 pm

Cool story. That goes to show you to not give up to soon when there are some distractions around.
Back to top Go down
Snivs

Snivs

The Sexy Seven Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sexy Seven   The Sexy Seven EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 11:16 pm

Great buck. What got you into bow hunting?
Back to top Go down
DR

DR

The Sexy Seven Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sexy Seven   The Sexy Seven EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 9:34 am

Snivs wrote:
Great buck. What got you into bow hunting?
Thanks. I wanted more of a challenge and more time in the woods. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cornfed

Cornfed

The Sexy Seven Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sexy Seven   The Sexy Seven EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 7:26 pm

Congrats on your Buck!

Back to top Go down

The Sexy Seven
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Whitetail Affliction :: Buck Fever :: Bow Hunting. Sponsored by Bohning Archer-