Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

My 03 Shotgun buck

Go down 
+4
30pointbuck
TheRomer
Dave
DR
8 posters
AuthorMessage
DR

DR

My 03 Shotgun buck Empty
PostSubject: My 03 Shotgun buck   My 03 Shotgun buck EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 10:19 pm

This is the first buck I ever killed. Not the first one I shot but we will leave that story for another time.

It was opening morning of shotgun Nov.29th 2003. It was really cold that morning and I was not dressed for the weather. I was sitting on a fold up chair with my back up against a tree over looking a funnel. It was 9am and I had not seen a deer despite all the pressure around the area. About 9:30 I looked and on an adjacent hillside I seen a buck. He was working his way towards a thicket about 150 yards away. I grabbed my Chuck Adams grunt call and gave a few grunts. He immediately stops and starts heading towards me on a string. I let him keep coming and let him have it at 25 yards with the 12 gauge.

It was a good thing the check in station had a camera. Dad had left it at his house that morning. Sorry about the tailgate pic. Not sure who was happier me or him.

My 03 Shotgun buck Firstbuck-1
My 03 Shotgun buck 03buck
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

My 03 Shotgun buck Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 03 Shotgun buck   My 03 Shotgun buck EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 8:09 am

That is a great first deer... Nice job. Gotta love seeing the smiles in your trophy pics. That is what it is all about. Congrats again...
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

My 03 Shotgun buck Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 03 Shotgun buck   My 03 Shotgun buck EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 5:27 pm

yep thats a great first buck,congrats
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

My 03 Shotgun buck Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 03 Shotgun buck   My 03 Shotgun buck EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 6:35 pm

Great Buck.
Back to top Go down
Snivs

Snivs

My 03 Shotgun buck Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 03 Shotgun buck   My 03 Shotgun buck EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 8:16 pm

Great deer. Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
BOWHUNTERCOP

My 03 Shotgun buck Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 03 Shotgun buck   My 03 Shotgun buck EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 5:50 pm

excellent deer, congrats !!
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

My 03 Shotgun buck Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 03 Shotgun buck   My 03 Shotgun buck EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 8:44 pm

congrats
Back to top Go down
BowBo

BowBo

My 03 Shotgun buck Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 03 Shotgun buck   My 03 Shotgun buck EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 11:59 am

That's a good buck ANYTIME....

Congrats!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My 03 Shotgun buck Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 03 Shotgun buck   My 03 Shotgun buck Empty

Back to top Go down

My 03 Shotgun buck
Page 1 of 1