Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Finally got around to...

Go down 
+4
wacker
oregonzach
Robert
Dave
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Dave

Dave

Finally got around to... Empty
PostSubject: Finally got around to...   Finally got around to... EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 1:00 pm

Yesterday, I finally got around to burying the skull of the 8 pointer I shot last year on a Military draw hunt. Nothing huge but I decided I wanted to do a Euromount of it since it was my first firearms buck/deer.

Anyways, I had it pretty clean already but I wanted to let the bugs/insects/worms/whatever else go to work on it a little more to get the stuff cleaned that I could not. I got a nice display ordered so hopefully in a couple of months I will have it all complete.
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: Finally got around to...   Finally got around to... EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 1:14 pm

Hey it's a trophy so I don't blame you. My favorite mount is my dad's very first deer and it's just a 8 pointer that scores about 110 inches. My second favorite is my first buck that doesn't even score 100. More than size, a trophy is about the memory it holds. There's always a bigger deer but there isn't always a better memory
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

PostSubject: Re: Finally got around to...   Finally got around to... EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 2:21 pm

Be carefull burying it or bleaching it, you might end up making the bone soft. It's been soaking long enough, I think you should scrub it with an old toothbrush and pipe cleaner, then soak it in hydrogen peroxide to bleach it good and white, and spray it with a clear coat. Can't wait to see the finished product!
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Finally got around to...   Finally got around to... EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 4:15 pm

I know if I buried it I'd be luck it's still there the next day. I've always boiled and the hydro perox method with good results. Good luck with it.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Finally got around to...   Finally got around to... EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 4:24 pm

wacker wrote:
I know if I buried it I'd be luck it's still there the next day. I've always boiled and the hydro perox method with good results. Good luck with it.

I put a contained over the rack part with bricks on top of it. If something happens to it, I will be a little dissapointed but it wont be the end of the world. I hope it turns out, but if it does not--- I guess you live and learn.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Finally got around to...   Finally got around to... EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 6:35 pm

Cool, Cant wait to see it when it is done
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: Finally got around to...   Finally got around to... EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 12:19 am

cant wait to see the finished product
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Finally got around to...   Finally got around to... EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 7:36 pm

Can't wait to see it when it's done.
Back to top Go down
Snivs

Snivs

PostSubject: Re: Finally got around to...   Finally got around to... EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 9:10 pm

I have also always boiled and then used bleach. Burying seams easier. Can't wait to see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally got around to...   Finally got around to... Empty

Back to top Go down

Finally got around to...
Page 1 of 1