Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Hit list buck takes a dirt nap

Go down 
+17
recon33alpha
HuntRed79
Snivs
DR
bowGal
Godfather
volway
Robert
Camoed Assassin
30pointbuck
mitch coleman
LawCoBowhunter
TheRomer
BowBo
wacker
Dave
The Guide
21 posters
AuthorMessage
The Guide

The Guide

Hit list buck takes a dirt nap Empty
PostSubject: Hit list buck takes a dirt nap   Hit list buck takes a dirt nap EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 4:35 pm

Well where to start. Yesterday was the MD opener and one of the best days I have ever been in the stand. The hunt started out bad it was hot, temps were in the mid 80s with at time no wind. Then when the wind did blow it was swirling like crazy. We started to see deer around 530 on the neighboring property and one of the first ones out was a buck that Don and I passed over a half dozen times last year. It was Broke G2 and it looked like he was in full velvet. He was about 600 yards out and he was only out for a few min until he went back into the woods after crossing a cut corn field. It was not long before some does started to head our way with only seeing Broke G2 and few other smaller bucks I decided to take a doe if she presented a shot. I told Don that she had to be under 30. The first doe walks out at 25 and I drilled her right behind the shoulder but she was quarting too just a little. She ran about 200 yards and we lost sight of her. A little while later some more does were heading our way and I told Don this time that she had to be at 20 yards. She walked out at 22 yards and I said that is close enough. I grunted to stop her and she got a little spooky but she stoped and I let another arrow go. Also right behind the shoulder but a little high she ran to almost the same spot as the other doe did. At this time we were both thinking this is a pretty good night but to our surprise it was only going to get better. We still had about 45 min left of shooting light so I put my final arrow on the Matthews. With about 20 mins left we had a doe and fawn walk out at 20 yard and Don said that looks like the doe and fawn that Broke G2 was with so be ready. 10 min later nothing else has came out so I decided to text wife to tell her I was going to be late. As soon as I started pushing buttons I hear Don say "Shooter, Shooter, get your bow". I shoved the phone in my pocket clipped the release and drew. He was at 25 yards Don said I am on him and I release. The buck runs about 100 yards and is starting to get weak. He stood there for a min or two before he laid down. At this time we had no idea what buck it was or exactly how big he was. All I seen was a big dark rack and a big body. When the buck laid down I could not see him out in the field so I had to rely on Don to tell me what he was doing. We decided to hang tight in the stand until we knew he was dead. I was coming unglued at this time because I could not see him and I knew the shot was back a little. Finally an hour after dark Don said he has not moved in about 15 min. So we decided to sneak out of the stand and slowing make our way over to him. As we got closer we could see his white belly and we knew he was down. To our surprise it was Broke G2 in FULL VELVET. Passing this buck up the year before was the best thing we could have done. He blew up adding some where in the neighborhood of 20+ inches. This is the first buck I have ever shot of opening day and my first velvet buck. Now it was time to get the does, but by the time we got there something had started eating on them. We both could not believe it. I hate to see two deer go to waste like that but there was not much we could do. All in all it was a awesome night. The doe footage is good but the buck footage is dark but as we say we are HUNTERS FIRST AND VIDEOGRAPHERS SECOND. Its going to be hard to top a night like last night.
[img]Hit list buck takes a dirt nap 2urtonr[/img]
[img]Hit list buck takes a dirt nap 2pz9w75[/img]
[img]Hit list buck takes a dirt nap Jakqjo[/img]
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Hit list buck takes a dirt nap   Hit list buck takes a dirt nap EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 4:41 pm

WOW! He is a really good one. Way to get your season started off right. Congrats Tommy! Thanks for typing out the story and posting the pics. He is a dandy.

Hopefully your buddy Don and Snivs can follow in your footsteps this year too!
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Hit list buck takes a dirt nap   Hit list buck takes a dirt nap EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 4:54 pm

Congrats on the buck. The story was a good read to. I'm interested to know if you're able to preserve the velvet on his rack.
Back to top Go down
BowBo

BowBo

PostSubject: Re: Hit list buck takes a dirt nap   Hit list buck takes a dirt nap EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 5:13 pm

Awesome buck! And great story too.
Congratulations man, wow!
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Hit list buck takes a dirt nap   Hit list buck takes a dirt nap EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 6:00 pm

WOW Tommy that is awesome man, 2 does and a great buck in one night. now thats what im talking about cheers

Looks like your team id off to a great start.

A BIG CONGRATS TO YA BUDDY
Back to top Go down
LawCoBowhunter

LawCoBowhunter

PostSubject: Re: Hit list buck takes a dirt nap   Hit list buck takes a dirt nap EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 6:12 pm

Just plain awesome!Congrats on a great buck and does.
Back to top Go down
mitch coleman

PostSubject: Re: Hit list buck takes a dirt nap   Hit list buck takes a dirt nap EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 7:28 pm

Congrats to both of ya , three deer all on tape and a big ole velvet awesome ! good job guys.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Hit list buck takes a dirt nap   Hit list buck takes a dirt nap EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 7:53 pm

Awesome photos buddy.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Hit list buck takes a dirt nap   Hit list buck takes a dirt nap EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 8:10 pm

It was an awesome hunt. The deer around here were deffinitely moving. Shoot on the way home they were all over the place also. I'll have to pull up a screen shot or 2 so you guys can see what 1 year did for this deer. I was suprised at how much this deer grew, antlers and body, especially after the tough winter we had. Congrats again Thomas, better get that record button finger ready. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: Hit list buck takes a dirt nap   Hit list buck takes a dirt nap EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 8:17 pm

Now that's the way to start your season. Congrats Tommy. Heck of a trophy and heck of a night. Great job
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

PostSubject: Re: Hit list buck takes a dirt nap   Hit list buck takes a dirt nap EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 9:18 pm

Camoed Assassin wrote:
It was an awesome hunt. The deer around here were deffinitely moving. Shoot on the way home they were all over the place also. I'll have to pull up a screen shot or 2 so you guys can see what 1 year did for this deer. I was suprised at how much this deer grew, antlers and body, especially after the tough winter we had. Congrats again Thomas, better get that record button finger ready. Very Happy

I have some trail pics of him last year and this year but they are on the other puter and it has a virus right now so I can not get on it until it is fixed. Also the record button finger is always ready to go.

Thanks again guys for all of the congrats. It is the best hunt I have ever had and one that I will probably never top. The only thing that will top it is shooting a 200" in Iowa in 2012.
Back to top Go down
volway

volway

PostSubject: Re: Hit list buck takes a dirt nap   Hit list buck takes a dirt nap EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 10:08 pm

That's what I'm talking about,congrats again guys.
Back to top Go down
Godfather

PostSubject: Re: Hit list buck takes a dirt nap   Hit list buck takes a dirt nap EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 10:13 pm

Congrats on a beautiful buck!!! And in velvet too! Way to get the season started! cheers
Back to top Go down
bowGal

PostSubject: Re: Hit list buck takes a dirt nap   Hit list buck takes a dirt nap EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 1:34 am

Congrat's - what a beauty - nice way to get the season starte!

Back to top Go down
DR

DR

PostSubject: Re: Hit list buck takes a dirt nap   Hit list buck takes a dirt nap EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 5:49 pm

Wow thats awesome great buck man. Congrats.
Back to top Go down
Snivs

Snivs

PostSubject: Re: Hit list buck takes a dirt nap   Hit list buck takes a dirt nap EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 9:05 pm

Awesome story Tommy. Way to get the season started. As Dave said I hope I can follow in your foot steps this year. That will be tough to do. Great job buddy and I can't wait to see the footage.
Back to top Go down
HuntRed79

PostSubject: Re: Hit list buck takes a dirt nap   Hit list buck takes a dirt nap EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 11:01 pm

Congrats on a great velvet buck, what a way to start the season.
Back to top Go down
recon33alpha

recon33alpha

PostSubject: Re: Hit list buck takes a dirt nap   Hit list buck takes a dirt nap EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 11:40 pm

Sweet, nice Buck dude...guess us Indiana boy's have some catching up to do...VERY NICE BRO
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

PostSubject: Re: Hit list buck takes a dirt nap   Hit list buck takes a dirt nap EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 9:24 am

Great story and REALLY great buck! Way to start the season, what a beast!
Back to top Go down
shedaddict

shedaddict

PostSubject: Re: Hit list buck takes a dirt nap   Hit list buck takes a dirt nap EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 1:54 pm

Awesome deer. Congrats
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: Hit list buck takes a dirt nap   Hit list buck takes a dirt nap EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 8:50 pm

congrats
Back to top Go down
shedder

PostSubject: Re: Hit list buck takes a dirt nap   Hit list buck takes a dirt nap EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 5:31 pm

Tommy, That is a beautiful buck! Congrats and hope your season gets to continue!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hit list buck takes a dirt nap   Hit list buck takes a dirt nap Empty

Back to top Go down

Hit list buck takes a dirt nap
Page 1 of 1