Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Sick to my stomach

Go down 
+9
DR
The Guide
mitch coleman
Robert
oregonzach
30pointbuck
Dave
TheRomer
Snivs
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Snivs

Snivs

Sick to my stomach Empty
PostSubject: Sick to my stomach   Sick to my stomach EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 2:25 pm

Don and went out this morning on one of the new properties. We couldn't have ask for a much better morning. The wind was pretty calm and the temp was around 50 degrees and clear skys. Everyone did there part this morning excepts me. We were hoping maybe to see the 7pt we seen on the camera earlier in the year but decided if a mature doe came in we were going to take her. Like clock work here the came straight in our laps. The big doe busted me as soon as she came in and she stomped around for what seamed for ever the went back to milling around. At this point I have the jitters from this big mature doe and the fact she almost blew us out had me even more jittered up. I got the green light from Don that he was on her and WACK. At first I thought I missed her but then Don said I hit her, and I thought if I hit her I hit her back and low. Sure enough I got down to check my arrow and found what I didn't want to find. A arrow full of guts. Climbed back in the stand and about 30min later a grey fox came in and I put the smack down on him. About 20-30min after that a red fox came in the same place and I let that fox have it also. We captured some great footage of the foxes. The Turkeys in the area are already thanking me. Don and left the stand location and came back at noon. We picked up the blood trail on the doe and followed it for about 150yds. At that point we lost the blood. We searched the area high and low but found nothing. I thought for sure she layed down in the bottom. To all, learn from my mistake and don't rush. I feel that was the main reason I failed on a good shot placement. Not finding the deer makes me sick to my stomach.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

Sick to my stomach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sick to my stomach   Sick to my stomach EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 2:55 pm

Sorry to hear that Mike. it has happened to all of us so we know how you feel. just keep your head up and we know you will redeem your self on the next one
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

Sick to my stomach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sick to my stomach   Sick to my stomach EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 3:13 pm

TheRomer wrote:
Sorry to hear that Mike. it has happened to all of us so we know how you feel. just keep your head up and we know you will redeem your self on the next one

My thoughts exactly... You get the next one.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

Sick to my stomach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sick to my stomach   Sick to my stomach EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 5:59 pm

TheRomer wrote:

Yep, it happens. You'll get the next one. Good Luck.
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

Sick to my stomach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sick to my stomach   Sick to my stomach EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 7:50 pm

Sorry to hear that, it happens to everyone sooner or later. Iwant to see the pics and video of the foxes!
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

Sick to my stomach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sick to my stomach   Sick to my stomach EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 8:22 pm

It sure does. Nice shooting on the foxes
Back to top Go down
mitch coleman

Sick to my stomach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sick to my stomach   Sick to my stomach EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 8:40 am

It happens to everyone at some point . would like to see the fox pics too.
Back to top Go down
Snivs

Snivs

Sick to my stomach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sick to my stomach   Sick to my stomach EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 2:02 pm

Thanks all. You all are right it happens and I will get the next one. Only have video of the foxes. I will see if Don can post it for me.
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

Sick to my stomach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sick to my stomach   Sick to my stomach EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 4:06 pm

Thats alright Snivs it happens to us all. You will get the next one.
Back to top Go down
DR

DR

Sick to my stomach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sick to my stomach   Sick to my stomach EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 8:46 pm

Chin up Snivs. Happens to all of us at some point in our hunting careers. I would like to see the fox footage is it on here?
Back to top Go down
recon33alpha

recon33alpha

Sick to my stomach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sick to my stomach   Sick to my stomach EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 8:51 pm

It happens to us all, sometimes more then once,,,go get the next one buddy!! Nice Fox work BTW.. Greys around here are scarce, but neat looking animals.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

Sick to my stomach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sick to my stomach   Sick to my stomach EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 10:03 pm

DR wrote:
Chin up Snivs. Happens to all of us at some point in our hunting careers. I would like to see the fox footage is it on here?

Working on it, I'll probablly have something for everyone to look at tomorrow evening.
Back to top Go down
E. Johnson

Sick to my stomach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sick to my stomach   Sick to my stomach EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 7:02 pm

Sooner or later it will happen to everyone (more than likely sooner). Sounds like you gave good effort in trying to find her and that means a lot. Just stay confident in your shooting and don't let this get in your head the next time you get the chance.
Back to top Go down
Indiana_buck_buster

Indiana_buck_buster

Sick to my stomach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sick to my stomach   Sick to my stomach EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 11:13 pm

This past year I shot one a little low and back but I caught the liver. I shot she with about 5 mins of light left. I started tracking her about 30 mins later and blood was everywhere. I'm talking you could see the blood as far as my light could shine. I ended up jumping her so I let her lay all night. She ended up about 30 yards from where I jumped her and total she went 1/2 mile. I'm sorry you didn't find the deer but good shots on the foxes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sick to my stomach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sick to my stomach   Sick to my stomach Empty

Back to top Go down

Sick to my stomach
Page 1 of 1