Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Have you ever tried...............

Go down 
+5
Camoed Assassin
TheRomer
Robert
Dave
recon33alpha
9 posters
AuthorMessage
recon33alpha

recon33alpha

Have you ever tried............... Empty
PostSubject: Have you ever tried...............   Have you ever tried............... EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 6:01 pm

To take a very hyper active 5 yr old hunting??? Let me tell ya....my Son (Gunnar) and I went out yesterday in the urban zone....The plan was to sit from 4:45 to dark in a box blind,,,,he was all about it...I loaded up water, fruit snacks, Capri Suns, an extra comfy chair with pad....you name it...Had the BB with Brick breaker on mute......we were both very excited.......Got to the blind....and wouldn't you know it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After about 15 minutes he was fit to be tied....wouldn't stop moving, stomping his feet, tapping on the wood............he had, had enough......hahahahahahahahaaaa,,, I tried to tell him deer would be coming out soon with no avail. So instead of making a bad experience out of it, I told him we would spot and stalk back to the truck....not 30 yards from the blind, we saw our first deer.....My Son hit the deck, if he was any closer to the ground, his name would have been dirt.....he told me to get ready and shoot if I could....the deer is 100 yards away and not coming our direction......it was halarious.....we ended up seeing 2 others, but they were both on a trot, on a mission to get somewhere else...it was great,,,,we both had a great time, although short lived in the blind. He even drew me a picture today @ school.... Very Happy

Big thanks to Mr. Romer for letting us have that experience.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever tried...............   Have you ever tried............... EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 7:34 pm

THATS AWESOME!!! You two made a memory... Here's to many more hunting trips for the two of you.
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever tried...............   Have you ever tried............... EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 7:34 pm

Glad you had a nice time
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever tried...............   Have you ever tried............... EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 7:41 pm

yeah i know how it is,it was like that with both my boys there first time out. but it will get better each time out.

Im just glad it wasnt the Hornets that drove you guys out affraid

good that gunner got to see some deer anyways
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever tried...............   Have you ever tried............... EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 8:08 pm

Got to love it. Sounds like everytimre I take my son Hunter out. He usually sticks it out then falls asleep right before the deer come out.
Back to top Go down
Snivs

Snivs

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever tried...............   Have you ever tried............... EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 8:19 pm

Sounds like my hunting trips with my kids. They like to move around and not sit on chair properly and fall out of it hitting the sides of the blind just about colapsing it. Have fun and it is always a good laugh in the end.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever tried...............   Have you ever tried............... EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 8:00 pm

Glad you had a great time. Charish the moment, they grow up real fast.
Back to top Go down
mitch coleman

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever tried...............   Have you ever tried............... EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 9:03 pm

I took my brothers son squirrel hunting last year when he was five he was real into it each time for about a half hour then he was breaking sticks rolling logs and rocks over the hill but I just let him do it he had a ball. He asked the other day when we going hunting so the rocks sticks and squirrels better get ready. I cant wait to see him take his first deer.
Back to top Go down
Godfather

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever tried...............   Have you ever tried............... EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 3:48 pm

Great story!!! I have been contemplating taking my little man with me for a ground blind hunt this fall, and he's only three!! He wants to go so bad, so we'll have to at least give it a shot once! No matter what happens it will be a great time!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever tried...............   Have you ever tried............... Empty

Back to top Go down

Have you ever tried...............
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Whitetail Affliction :: Buck Fever :: Around the Campfire-
Jump to: