Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Mitch's 2010 blog

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mitch coleman

Mitch's 2010 blog Empty
PostSubject: Mitch's 2010 blog   Mitch's 2010 blog EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 8:05 pm

The year started off in kentucky where I harvested a doe and a good velvet on film. The ohio season has been interesting from behind the camera I have filmed 4 hunts no harvest but plenty of deer sightings. Hunt number one the hunter my 15 yr old cousin Austin. He has taken a couple good one's with a gun but is just getting into bowhunting. We started off with deer activity right at daylight and had deer feeding around us all morning he finally got a good shot opportunity and hit her in the front of the shoulder it looked good through the view finder. After a few hours and a long track job and a couple big hollows it look as if she might make it . He was down in the dumps about it and I told him sooner or later it will happen and to hang in there.

Hunt number 2 Hunter Curt Coleman We went after a buck he calls Benny . He passed him last year at ten yards because of a broken g3 , the buck was a real home body we would pick him up on three different camera all season long as a 3 yr old.
Well after about a 40 min walk we got in the stand and he really had high hopes because he knows this buck pretty good and to make a long story short the only thing he could have shot we some squirrels ,doe's and me for trying to talk him into shooting one of the doe's but I dont blame him for not wanting to stink up the area.
Hope fully benny makes this blog this season

Hunt three was Austin again with a low shot on a doe and it just cut the hair right below her heart.

Hunt 4 was with my wife Airel , this is the first time she has hunted since we had our daughter last summer. This stand is her stand if you ask her but it did have three shooters coming in to it in good filming light last week but bad weather rolled in and hurt us a little I think . I figured deer would move early with the storm coming in but all we saw were doe's and fawns and she wouldnt shoot a doe either. I really had my hopes up becasue it was the first time in there this year and the shooters had been there before dark four days in a row may be next time I guess I dont think we bothered them any.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

Mitch's 2010 blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mitch's 2010 blog   Mitch's 2010 blog EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 8:36 pm

Thanks for sharing Mitch, looking forward to what is to come
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

Mitch's 2010 blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mitch's 2010 blog   Mitch's 2010 blog EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 6:24 am

Yeah can't wait to hear how your season goes.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

Mitch's 2010 blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mitch's 2010 blog   Mitch's 2010 blog EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 9:47 am

Cant wait to read more... Thanks for typing it all out.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

Mitch's 2010 blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mitch's 2010 blog   Mitch's 2010 blog EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 6:12 pm

Dave wrote:
Cant wait to read more... Thanks for typing it all out.

X2 same here.
Back to top Go down
mitch coleman

Mitch's 2010 blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mitch's 2010 blog   Mitch's 2010 blog EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 11:43 am

Well I finally got to hunt this morning it was a self film hunt. I went to the new farm we bought this year and was going to head to a oak stand but the wind wasnt good like I thought so I headed to antother stand that was, and right at daylight a nice buck and a good one came in and I was still messing with the camera arm and they were both less than 20 yards. He looked to be a good nine unless he had more stuff I couldnt see but he had good mass and tine length. I wanted to shoot him but I couldnt get it on film so I just watched this will proably bite me in the *** but I know there are bigger ones. It was still a good feeling to be that close.
Back to top Go down
mitch coleman

Mitch's 2010 blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mitch's 2010 blog   Mitch's 2010 blog EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 7:18 pm

Well my wife and I headed out last saturday afternoon . She ended up connecting on a buck but we never found the deer. The shot was 12 yrds broadside and it looked like she smoked him. The arrow hit right behind the shoulder just maybe an inch below dead center of the right lung. I filmed as he ran into a thicket and went down within fifty yards and then he started hacking. I told her he was done. When he was down all I could make out was an antler. Then more deer came in and I just figured let him go till dark which was over an hour away. We got down to a blood soaked arrow and I told her to wait and I would go see if I could see him but when I got up there I saw nothing. So I didnt know if I had walked to the wrong place or if he had gotten up. We went home and watched the footage with my brother and my dad and everybody agreed dead deer so my brother and I went back out to track him. This was about three hours after the shot, we had good blood right off the bat and alot where he went down then we followed a little father and the blood wasnt as good so we backed out. I went back the following morning and ran out of blood and then spent most of the day checking everywhere I could think of. It was wierd from the hit he took to the little circles he kept doing in the thicket like he wasnt wanting to leave it . I think now that she only got one lung but I still should have found him and where the arrow hit to only get one lung dosent seem possible . I am stumped about the whole thing it just dosent make sense.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

Mitch's 2010 blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mitch's 2010 blog   Mitch's 2010 blog EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 10:19 am

Sorry to hear that... You gonna go back and check for him again?
Back to top Go down
mitch coleman

Mitch's 2010 blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mitch's 2010 blog   Mitch's 2010 blog EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 7:36 pm

Yeah I know we will eventually find whats left but I dont like seeing them go to waste. My brother was in there and looked around the other day, but nothing so far.
Back to top Go down
mitch coleman

Mitch's 2010 blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mitch's 2010 blog   Mitch's 2010 blog EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 3:47 pm

I am going to try to do a recap on the last month or so of our hunts as soon as i get all the photos in order it has been a ride that is for sure and im still packing a buck tag but alot of the crew have burned them.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

Mitch's 2010 blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mitch's 2010 blog   Mitch's 2010 blog EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 4:34 pm

mitch coleman wrote:
I am going to try to do a recap on the last month or so of our hunts as soon as i get all the photos in order it has been a ride that is for sure and im still packing a buck tag but alot of the crew have burned them.

Looking forward to it...
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

Mitch's 2010 blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mitch's 2010 blog   Mitch's 2010 blog EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 9:17 pm

Dave wrote:
mitch coleman wrote:

Looking forward to it...

X2 same here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mitch's 2010 blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mitch's 2010 blog   Mitch's 2010 blog Empty

Back to top Go down

Mitch's 2010 blog
Page 1 of 1