Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Strange wound ???

Go down 
+9
HuntRed79
30pointbuck
BowBo
DR
wacker
Dave
volway
The Guide
Snivs
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Snivs

Snivs

Strange wound ??? Empty
PostSubject: Strange wound ???   Strange wound ??? EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 10:03 pm

Need some help. In the picture below you will see what is some type of wound. The doe I shot a few weeks ago and lost looks alot like this deer. In other photos I have there are other deer in the photo and you can see the size difference. She is a much older and mature doe. This is the side I shot her on. I just don't believe a deer could survive a shot in this location even though it is alittle back. She was quartering away. There was a small bush in the view of the camera during the shot so we can not see exact penetration. I shoot a 2 blade rage. If there is any possibilty this is the deer I shot I would have to say the blades did not open. Let me know what you all think. Maybe it is some sort of parasite?

Strange wound ??? PICT01831
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

Strange wound ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange wound ???   Strange wound ??? EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 10:06 pm

I agree with you snivs it looks like a wound to me. With the hair missing and it looks to be a whole in the center of it. It just shows how tough deer can be.
Back to top Go down
volway

volway

Strange wound ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange wound ???   Strange wound ??? EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 1:00 am

YEP snivs thats a SHOT deer right there,must have not hit anything,hard to beleive it didn't at least clip the liver.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

Strange wound ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange wound ???   Strange wound ??? EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 9:09 am

Looks like a shot to me, but if she was quartering away hard that should be a dead deer. Hard to believe.
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

Strange wound ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange wound ???   Strange wound ??? EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 9:47 am

It that's the entry wound of the deer you shot quartering away I find it hard to believe it wouldn't have hit any vitals. She's there for prime time, ground check her. What a Face
Back to top Go down
DR

DR

Strange wound ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange wound ???   Strange wound ??? EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 2:53 pm

Dave wrote:
Looks like a shot to me, but if she was quartering away hard that should be a dead deer. Hard to believe.

X2. Even if the Rage didnt open you should have got 3/4 of inch cut. Anythings possible though.
Back to top Go down
BowBo

BowBo

Strange wound ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange wound ???   Strange wound ??? EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 5:47 pm

This is a friend's deer that he shot the week before, with a Rage! Chit happens!!

Strange wound ??? Imagej10

Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

Strange wound ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange wound ???   Strange wound ??? EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 6:19 pm

Some tough deer there.
Back to top Go down
Snivs

Snivs

Strange wound ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange wound ???   Strange wound ??? EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 9:20 pm

wacker wrote:
It that's the entry wound of the deer you shot quartering away I find it hard to believe it wouldn't have hit any vitals. She's there for prime time, ground check her. What a Face

Yes that is the entry wound. She wasn't quartering away hard but she was quatering. I can't beleive it either. ????
Back to top Go down
HuntRed79

Strange wound ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange wound ???   Strange wound ??? EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 9:10 pm

It looks like the broadhead did not open. Did you find the arrow? Could you tell how much penetration you got? Also could it have gone in and hit a rib?
Back to top Go down
Snivs

Snivs

Strange wound ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange wound ???   Strange wound ??? EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 8:53 pm

Monster Raxx wrote:
It looks like the broadhead did not open. Did you find the arrow? Could you tell how much penetration you got? Also could it have gone in and hit a rib?

Pass through with hardly any blood.
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

Strange wound ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange wound ???   Strange wound ??? EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 9:06 pm

Sure does look like a shot deer to me. If the angle was right then it's possible that no vitals were hit
Back to top Go down
boneheadz

boneheadz

Strange wound ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange wound ???   Strange wound ??? EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 1:25 pm

Yea, it's been shot, if she was quartering toward you and the rage didn't open....she might be fine. Maybe you will get another chance at her this year.
Back to top Go down
Justintohunting

Justintohunting

Strange wound ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange wound ???   Strange wound ??? EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 11:05 pm

pretty interesting topic here....looks like a shot wound to me... affraid
Back to top Go down
Indiana_buck_buster

Indiana_buck_buster

Strange wound ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange wound ???   Strange wound ??? EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 1:31 am

Im guessing the shot hit 4-6 inches behind the yellow dot on the picture. That would probably be a partical liver hit or stomach hit.

Strange wound ??? 1311311164
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Strange wound ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange wound ???   Strange wound ??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Strange wound ???
Page 1 of 1