Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Share | 

You tell me...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BrockBermuda

PostSubject: You tell me...   Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:10 pm

Had a guy send these to me last year (You know him Rags) and he swears up and down it's a panther. These were taken in Paragould, AR. I think it's a big house cat, then again I dont have anything to compare it to. It could possibly be a juvenile cat but wanted to get yall's opinions. Let me know what you think. The first pic was from a trail cam (you can see the feeder in the background for reference) and the second one, well I don't know how he got that pic (assuming he didn't have his deer cam aimed up a tree!)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Corey

PostSubject: Re: You tell me...   Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:33 pm

Looks like a house cat to me dude but I have heard more than one person swear that they have seen one over that way. You know how that goes though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Robert

PostSubject: Re: You tell me...   Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:37 pm

I'm not an expert by any stretched but I did ask my sister who is a wildlife biologist and she thought maybe a house cat as well. her reason was that the tail looked a bit to fluffed out to be a panther, even a young one and more like a big black house cat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MRA

PostSubject: Re: You tell me...   Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:13 pm

Id say a house cat...... Roberts reason is good since the tail looks to be fluffed out..... I have seen a cougar here by my house and heard tons of sightings in this area. The look i got i couldnt compare with these pics but to me it just looks like a house cat. Id personally rather have a house cat cause they dont kill 100,s of deer a year to survive. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dave

PostSubject: Re: You tell me...   Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:16 pm

I would say house cat as well... but I am no expert scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RattleSnake

PostSubject: Re: You tell me...   Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:32 am

IMO I would say it's a FERAL CAT. Though one could call it just a large house cat; it's always seemed to me the ferals get HUGE! When I was younger, I used to trap with my dad, and at least once per year we would catch a feral cat in one of our coon sets. I had never seen cats as large as these wild tom cats, and other than the obvious that they were in a trap, they were always very mean. They have become quite a problem here in WI having been part of decimating populations of pheasant, quail, and rabbit, and though the DNR was looking to make it legal to shoot them, the tree huggers stepped in and got it shot down. It will be about like the no hunting mountain lions in CA to the point that they don't want it until something really bad happens like one of their childrens' kittens being eaten by a feral tom cat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MOOSE

PostSubject: Re: You tell me...   Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:01 am

The whole thing looks like a house cat in my opinion, but it is a really big one lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oregonzach

PostSubject: Re: You tell me...   Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:02 pm

+1 for a regular feral cat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You tell me...   

Back to top Go down

You tell me...
Page 1 of 1