Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

name something that your family/friends have taught you..

Go down 
+3
Camoed Assassin
Robert
Justintohunting
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Justintohunting

Justintohunting

name something that your family/friends have taught you.. Empty
PostSubject: name something that your family/friends have taught you..   name something that your family/friends have taught you.. EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 10:48 am

After you figure out there is more to hunting thaan just killing an animal, it gives you time to slow down and enjoy the hunt even more.. it`s about the family , and friends aand memories i have made.. I remember being around 10 yrs old and going with my dad and he would let me use his grunt tube ( although i probably scared them all off lol)and that has meant so much to me and i would never forget it.I want my son to have these kind of memories when grows up..I was with my dad when he shot his first deer with a bow and it was very exciting and kinda got me hooked from there.. Growing up if i didnt get to hunt with him i remember him coming back and getting me to help him track his deer(even though it ran 30 yds and he watched it drop)..He taught me to respect the animal and how to hunt them..How to pattern deer and find transition areas.. Everything i know has come from family and my friends here on WA.. Thank you guys and enjoy this that god has giving us and our soldiers keep free for us.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: name something that your family/friends have taught you..   name something that your family/friends have taught you.. EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 12:15 pm

It's easy for me and just one word, patients!

Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: name something that your family/friends have taught you..   name something that your family/friends have taught you.. EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 11:16 pm

Years ago I got out of hunting because I was just to wrapped up in working and trying to make as much money as I possibly could. My uncle would always ask me to go with him to his camp in WV but always declined, had to work. He always said that you have to make time to get away from work and enjoy the peace and quiet of the outdoors. He said there's a whole lot more to life than work and money. It took me a few years to head his word, but man am I glad I did. There is no better stress reliever than just getting outside, watching the sunrise and the wildlife wake up!
Back to top Go down
Bowhunter83

Bowhunter83

PostSubject: Re: name something that your family/friends have taught you..   name something that your family/friends have taught you.. EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 11:43 pm

Robert wrote:

X2
My dad also taught me alot about tracking and hunting in general. My cousin and uncle were the ones that have really fine tuned alot of my other skills.
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: name something that your family/friends have taught you..   name something that your family/friends have taught you.. EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 7:43 pm

Life is short, live it to the fullest while you can. Words my brother would always say.
Back to top Go down
buckbuster217

PostSubject: Re: name something that your family/friends have taught you..   name something that your family/friends have taught you.. EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 9:32 pm

I would probably say something that my father taught me and that was to enjoy the whole experience of the outdoors, just not the kill, but the sights, sounds and memories you make, whether by yourself or with good friends. As I've got older I now see what he was saying, some of my best memories were not of shooting a "book" buck but of a sparrow sitting on my shooting rail or of a mink working his way along the creek trying to catch creek chubs or crawdads, the outdoors is a magnificent place if we only open our eyes and ears and let it all in!
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: name something that your family/friends have taught you..   name something that your family/friends have taught you.. EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 9:55 pm

Robert wrote:

Well put Robert, X2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: name something that your family/friends have taught you..   name something that your family/friends have taught you.. Empty

Back to top Go down

name something that your family/friends have taught you..
Page 1 of 1