Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Share | 

Thumb release

Go down 
AuthorMessage
buckbuster217

PostSubject: Thumb release   Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:05 pm

Does anyone use a thumb release for hunting? I have been looking at tru-balls thumb releases for hunting and am thinking about switching over from a strap release, I'm just looking for some input from an experienced user of one before I buy one
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Robert

PostSubject: Re: Thumb release   Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:22 pm

I switched over a couple of years ago and can't imagine going back. I had always hunted with a wrist strap release and loved it but two years ago I received a Pro Diamond from TRU Ball so I gave it a go. Took me about two or three weeks to get use to it but once I did I was SOLD. The benefits of it are that a thumb release wont slip at all like a wrist release does. your anchor point and hold point are always exact. I saw a slight improvement in my shooting once I got use to it. Another big plus is that you can snap it to your D loop and it's not on your wrist and can't bang on your stand. You don't have to adjust or get it ready. You just reach for the bow and grab the release. I have always carried a second release and still do in case of a drop. The Thumb release is a lot more comfortable as well. Just seemed more natural for shooting. My wife has since switched and she feels the same. She only shoots 3D but noticed higher scores after switching. You do need to make sure you get one that fits you and your shooting. Like wrist releases they are all different. The Pro Diamond Extreme doesn't fit me as well as the Pro Diamond and I've tried a few others while at the Bow Shop. Some I like and some I don't. It's like most everything in Archery. Just got to find the one you like. And most importantly, give it a few weeks. It's a different feel in your hands that will be awkward at first. But I think you'll like it once you adjust to it. I know I do
Back to top Go down
View user profile
buckbuster217

PostSubject: Re: Thumb release   Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:26 pm

Thanks for the info Robert, thats what I am looking at , the Pro Diamond or the Extreme.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Thumb release   Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:40 pm

Pro Diamond is awesome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justintohunting

PostSubject: Re: Thumb release   Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:21 pm

i was wondering the same thing, i have a friend who shoots thumb for hunting and he gonna let me borrow one that he wants to sell for a bit to see if i like it.. I like haveing it hooked on the d-loop ready to go..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fullrut

PostSubject: Re: Thumb release   Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:37 pm

Good luck with your choice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Indiana_buck_buster

PostSubject: Re: Thumb release   Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:31 am

I also switched to a thumb release this past year and i love it. I had a original scott wrist release that i had for about 20 years and it finally broke. I was drawing back on a doe and POP the jaws opened up smacking myself in the face. Arrow lands at the feet of the doe and im in my blind saying WTF with a busted lip Mad . I had my 3D target in the field as a decoy so i decided to sling an arrow at it and once again release opened up and busted my lip even more Mad Mad . So i got a thumb release. I love it and i shoot a lot better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Thumb release   Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:20 pm

I did the opposite, I went from thumb release to trigger. I got to puiching the thumb release so I switched up and now I have a hard time shooting a thumb release, but they are nice and used several different TRU BALLs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thumb release   

Back to top Go down

Thumb release
Page 1 of 1