Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

First of the year (updated)

Go down 
+3
30pointbuck
Robert
wacker
7 posters
AuthorMessage
wacker

wacker

First of the year (updated)    Empty
PostSubject: First of the year (updated)    First of the year (updated)    EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 7:50 am

I've been after these musky all year. While bowfishig the river I'd see 5-7 of them under the lights. I'd make a second pass casting without the lights but could never get them to hit. Last night was no different but I headed down below a creek inlet and there were 8 all within 25 yards of eachother. I shut down the lights and beached the boat. A few casts later I hooked it one, it ended up spitting the lure. Tried several other lures but the first cast with a Mepps musky killer I pulled this one in. Cool

First of the year (updated)    DSC05469

Didn't catch any more musky but when I left at 12:30 I had to hit the lights for a look. There were still a pile of them hanging out just below the creek inlet! I left them be cause I still wanted to shoot some carp. Wacked some small ones and a few good ones.

First of the year (updated)    DSC05470

Last edited by wacker on Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:16 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: First of the year (updated)    First of the year (updated)    EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 8:56 am

That's a great Musky. Congrats. They are a hard fish to catch
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: First of the year (updated)    First of the year (updated)    EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 6:10 pm

Wow Andy those are some nice fish congrats buddy.
Back to top Go down
buckbuster217

PostSubject: Re: First of the year (updated)    First of the year (updated)    EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 6:42 pm

Thats an awesome muskie!!!!!!!! congrats and nice shootin on the carp
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: First of the year (updated)    First of the year (updated)    EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 7:00 pm

Thanks guys! I still can't believe how many I seen last night, at least 15+ in all. My truck's in the shop so I'll be chomping at the bit to get back out there.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: First of the year (updated)    First of the year (updated)    EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 7:13 pm

wacker wrote:
Thanks guys! I still can't believe how many I seen last night, at least 15+ in all. My truck's in the shop so I'll be chomping at the bit to get back out there.

I'll bet. With fish blike that i would be jittery.
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: First of the year (updated)    First of the year (updated)    EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 10:22 pm

Looks like a great trip...congrats

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
Justintohunting

Justintohunting

PostSubject: Re: First of the year (updated)    First of the year (updated)    EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 10:27 pm

looks like a fun night out for sure cheers
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: First of the year (updated with more musky)   First of the year (updated)    EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 10:06 am

Made it out to the river again and pulled in a couple more musky. Got the smaller one on an 8" jointed rainbow trout crankbait, the other on a Mepps musky killer. Seen some real lunkers out there so I'm going to keep at it. Cool

First of the year (updated)    DSC05484

First of the year (updated)    DSC05493
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: First of the year (updated)    First of the year (updated)    EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 2:08 pm

Great catch Adam.that last one is a nice one
Back to top Go down
buckbuster217

PostSubject: Re: First of the year (updated)    First of the year (updated)    EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 5:17 pm

Some real nice muskies! you got them dialed in now!
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: First of the year (updated)    First of the year (updated)    EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 6:33 pm

Im going to have to come and learn your secrets Adam. Awesome fish.
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: First of the year (updated)    First of the year (updated)    EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 11:24 am

No secrets Dale, just fish where they're at and throw everything in your box at them. Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First of the year (updated)    First of the year (updated)    Empty

Back to top Go down

First of the year (updated)
Page 1 of 1