Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Help Me Identify These Oak Tree Leaves

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Indiana_buck_buster

Indiana_buck_buster

Help Me Identify These Oak Tree Leaves Empty
PostSubject: Help Me Identify These Oak Tree Leaves   Help Me Identify These Oak Tree Leaves EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 11:00 pm

Having a hard time figuring out what type of oak trees there are.
Help Me Identify These Oak Tree Leaves 1311646659
Help Me Identify These Oak Tree Leaves 1311646593
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Help Me Identify These Oak Tree Leaves   Help Me Identify These Oak Tree Leaves EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 11:23 pm

I have a couple of the same type but honestly don't know the type of oak they are. Produce alot of acorns though.
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

PostSubject: Re: Help Me Identify These Oak Tree Leaves   Help Me Identify These Oak Tree Leaves EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 11:59 pm

I think they're red oak or pin oak, those are the common ones with the pointy tips on the leaves. Supposedly deer don't like them as much as white oaks since
they have more tannin and taste more bitter. White oaks have the rounded edges on the leaves, can't tell you if I have noticed a deer preference though.
Back to top Go down
Indiana_buck_buster

Indiana_buck_buster

PostSubject: Re: Help Me Identify These Oak Tree Leaves   Help Me Identify These Oak Tree Leaves EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 12:04 am

I think the small leaf with the lobbed tips is a white oak but I may be wrong. It has happened only a few times. Haha
Back to top Go down
buckbuster217

PostSubject: Re: Help Me Identify These Oak Tree Leaves   Help Me Identify These Oak Tree Leaves EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 4:53 am

the first pic the 2 leaves look like red oaks and in the second pic the top leaf with the rounded lobes looks like a white oak and the bottom one another red oak, my dads funny way of teaching me the difference when i was young was that the red man shot arrows ( pointy tips) and the white man shot bullets (rounded tips) , he always had a way of makng things relate to something you understood.
Back to top Go down
Indiana_buck_buster

Indiana_buck_buster

PostSubject: Re: Help Me Identify These Oak Tree Leaves   Help Me Identify These Oak Tree Leaves EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 5:28 am

Pin oaks also have "arrows"
Back to top Go down
Justintohunting

Justintohunting

PostSubject: Re: Help Me Identify These Oak Tree Leaves   Help Me Identify These Oak Tree Leaves EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 7:59 pm

buckbuster217 wrote:
the first pic the 2 leaves look like red oaks and in the second pic the top leaf with the rounded lobes looks like a white oak and the bottom one another red oak, my dads funny way of teaching me the difference when i was young was that the red man shot arrows ( pointy tips) and the white man shot bullets (rounded tips) , he always had a way of makng things relate to something you understood.

think you got this right Question
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help Me Identify These Oak Tree Leaves   Help Me Identify These Oak Tree Leaves Empty

Back to top Go down

Help Me Identify These Oak Tree Leaves
Page 1 of 1