Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

rattling for big bucks

Go down 
+2
buckbuster217
Justintohunting
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Justintohunting

Justintohunting

rattling for big bucks Empty
PostSubject: rattling for big bucks   rattling for big bucks EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 8:14 pm

Anyone have anyluck raattling in bucks.. I have rattled one little buck in and that was it.. If you have rattled with success share with us your story and tips.. rendeer
Back to top Go down
buckbuster217

PostSubject: Re: rattling for big bucks   rattling for big bucks EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 8:42 pm

About the same as you, I have rattled some small bucks in but never anything of any size.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: rattling for big bucks   rattling for big bucks EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 8:55 pm

Never really any monster bucks.
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: rattling for big bucks   rattling for big bucks EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 8:05 am

I don't do much rattling. Not had a lot of luck with it. I think in area's where doe numbers are high it's not as affective
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: rattling for big bucks   rattling for big bucks EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 6:21 pm

I do like to rattle and scrape trees with the antlers and scrape my feet in the dead leaves and grass simulating deer fighting. It always works but have never really rattled in a monster. This is the biggest i've rattled in to date.

rattling for big bucks IMG_0753
Back to top Go down
buckbuster217

PostSubject: Re: rattling for big bucks   rattling for big bucks EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 7:15 pm

nice deer !!! I would say you have had some success with it then.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: rattling for big bucks   rattling for big bucks EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 8:29 pm

buckbuster217 wrote:
nice deer !!! I would say you have had some success with it then.

Ya i have success with it but yet to bring in a booner. Seems to be more does than bucks in the area i hunt.
Back to top Go down
fullrut

PostSubject: Re: rattling for big bucks   rattling for big bucks EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 9:14 pm

I will usually rattle in at least a dozen bucks per year. My biggest buck ever arrowed came to rattling.
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: rattling for big bucks   rattling for big bucks EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 8:23 am

I've rattled and grunted in my best whitetail. Not many booners here but a P&Y. I use a set of cut offs from an 8 I found dead. A lot of younger bucks will come in right away, the older ones seem to be cautious looking hard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: rattling for big bucks   rattling for big bucks Empty

Back to top Go down

rattling for big bucks
Page 1 of 1