Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Your Bow Shot Comfort zone

Go down 
+3
buckbuster217
Indiana_buck_buster
30pointbuck
7 posters
AuthorMessage
30pointbuck

Your Bow Shot Comfort zone Empty
PostSubject: Your Bow Shot Comfort zone    Your Bow Shot Comfort zone EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 6:29 pm

What is everybody's farthest shot comfort zone. What is the farthest you would shoot at a big game animal. Mine si 30 to 35 yrds. no farther, with the bow, and 35 is pushin it for me.
Back to top Go down
Indiana_buck_buster

Indiana_buck_buster

PostSubject: Re: Your Bow Shot Comfort zone    Your Bow Shot Comfort zone EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 6:38 pm

20 yards perfect 30 pretty good 40 ok. i would only shoot 50-60 if the deer was totally relaxed and feeding or bedded down for a nap. They would probably jump the string out that far if alert.
Back to top Go down
buckbuster217

PostSubject: Re: Your Bow Shot Comfort zone    Your Bow Shot Comfort zone EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 7:15 pm

40 yards is the farthest I would shoot at a big game animal, I practice out to 60 all the time and am proficent at that distance but anything further than 40 I personally feel that there is too many thingd that could go wrong
Back to top Go down
Justintohunting

Justintohunting

PostSubject: Re: Your Bow Shot Comfort zone    Your Bow Shot Comfort zone EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 8:01 pm

Indiana_buck_buster wrote:
20 yards perfect 30 pretty good 40 ok. i would only shoot 50-60 if the deer was totally relaxed and feeding or bedded down for a nap. They would probably jump the string out that far if alert.

X2 i practice daily out to 70 yds and can actually group quite well out to that range... If i had a fixed blade with a relaxed deer in the field at 50 to 60 yds i would not hesitate..I know my limits and I know deer.. If everything is not perfect i would not take it.. Too much can go wrong..
Back to top Go down
LawCoBowhunter

LawCoBowhunter

PostSubject: Re: Your Bow Shot Comfort zone    Your Bow Shot Comfort zone EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 11:42 pm

between 30-35 yards.
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: Your Bow Shot Comfort zone    Your Bow Shot Comfort zone EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 8:49 am

I prefer that 30 yard range but if a good shot at 50 yards is given to me I'll take it. I shot a doe in Missouri two years ago at 53 yards and that's my longest shot
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Your Bow Shot Comfort zone    Your Bow Shot Comfort zone EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 6:23 pm

I think my longest was about 45 yrds but conds were perfect, and i felt confident.
Back to top Go down
kkleve

kkleve

PostSubject: Re: Your Bow Shot Comfort zone    Your Bow Shot Comfort zone EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 4:49 pm

i read an article the other day that talked about how to make your self a better shooter at longer ranges and to extend your range , and to make yourself at long hunting shots, the article stated that you should be practicing at double the range of your farthest hunting shot that you will take, like if your max is 40 you should practice out to 80 and so on. it will make your 40 yard max shot a lot easier than ever before because your not as worried about the distance. it is a great confidence builder practicing this was it will make you a lot better shot in close, at those ranges every little thing is important and plays a huge part in the shot flaws in form will be magnified. so it helps to fix these flaws becuase they will be easier to identify
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Bow Shot Comfort zone    Your Bow Shot Comfort zone Empty

Back to top Go down

Your Bow Shot Comfort zone
Page 1 of 1