Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Got a big surprise while checking my camera this past morning

Go down 
+5
Justintohunting
buckbuster217
oregonzach
Bowhunter83
Indiana_buck_buster
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Indiana_buck_buster

Indiana_buck_buster

Got a big surprise while checking my camera this past morning Empty
PostSubject: Got a big surprise while checking my camera this past morning   Got a big surprise while checking my camera this past morning EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 1:55 am

Not the surprise that i was wanting. I seen the big 10, double beamed, and small 6 on the way home from work eating some fallen apples on the property i will be hunting. They then ran off towards my camera. So i hoped they ran past it to get some good photos. Well i waited a few hours then went to get it. When i got to where my camera WAS. Ya where it was. The damn thing was gone. Man i was pissed. It has a security code making it useless to whoever took it. There happens to be a freshly mowed path in the pasture right next to where the camera was. So i go stop by the land owners house and no one was home. So i called moultrie and have it put on their stolen camera list. When i finally talked to the land owner he had no idea i had a camera there. So i then asked him about the mowed path. he said ya i have a guy mowing it for me because my mower is broke. Ok can i have his name and number. I dont know it. WHAT? Really? So im going to be watching that pasture like a hawk these next few days.
Back to top Go down
Bowhunter83

Bowhunter83

PostSubject: Re: Got a big surprise while checking my camera this past morning   Got a big surprise while checking my camera this past morning EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 12:00 pm

Sounds like somebody needs a lecture about respecting others property or just a good old fist to the face. Lol. But yea I'd be spitting mad.
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

PostSubject: Re: Got a big surprise while checking my camera this past morning   Got a big surprise while checking my camera this past morning EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 3:53 pm

Here comes the blood boiling! A lot of us here have had to deal with theives in the woods, and that is something that really, REALLY ticks me off!
Back to top Go down
buckbuster217

PostSubject: Re: Got a big surprise while checking my camera this past morning   Got a big surprise while checking my camera this past morning EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 4:26 pm

Really hate to hear that, there is nothing worse than a thief in my opinion, hope ya get to the bottom of it.
Back to top Go down
Justintohunting

Justintohunting

PostSubject: Re: Got a big surprise while checking my camera this past morning   Got a big surprise while checking my camera this past morning EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 7:29 pm

Bowhunter83 wrote:
Sounds like somebody needs a lecture about respecting others property or just a good old fist to the face. Lol. But yea I'd be spitting mad.

x2 thats why i amfraid to buy an expensive camera
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: Got a big surprise while checking my camera this past morning   Got a big surprise while checking my camera this past morning EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 9:33 pm

Sorry to hear...Good Luck finding who did it

I've had 6-7 stolen over the last 12 years..... and I've actually got one back.

so good luck

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
fullrut

PostSubject: Re: Got a big surprise while checking my camera this past morning   Got a big surprise while checking my camera this past morning EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 9:45 pm

Man u just gotta hate theives.
Back to top Go down
Indiana_buck_buster

Indiana_buck_buster

PostSubject: Re: Got a big surprise while checking my camera this past morning   Got a big surprise while checking my camera this past morning EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 10:47 pm

Last night at work I decided to print up a letter asking for whoever took it to give it back being that it was a present from my wife. I put the letter in all the mail boxes around my area and got a phone call from a guy about it today. He said he had it. I asked why he took it. He said he asked permission to hunt it and got permission. They told him no one else was hunting it. I have had permission since early June. Given they are in their 80's I kinda understand the might forget but I talk to the old man about every few weeks. He said while he was mowing some paths in the pasture he saw the camera and took it to them since no one was suppose to have permission. The old lady wanted to smash it but he asked if he could keep it. The shitty part is he is telling me where he is putting a stand up never asking where I was going to hunt. I told him I have a climber and will be putting it up about everywhere through out the season and if I want to hunt that area and no one is in the stand at that time I was going to hunt there. Does that sound like I'm being a dick? It's only 27 acres. But I'm getting my camera back either tonight or tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Bowhunter83

Bowhunter83

PostSubject: Re: Got a big surprise while checking my camera this past morning   Got a big surprise while checking my camera this past morning EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 12:48 am

Man glad to hear your getting your camera back. As for the other deal, sounds like you need to have a talk with the land owner and this other guy together and figure out what the heck is exactly going on. Granted they are old but maybe sounds like it's time to get something in writting if you haven't already. And nO I don't think your being a dick, me personally I'd probably just take his stand down every time I saw it, not steal it, just take it outta the tree and disassemble it a few times. I mean you at least owe him that for taking your camera.
Back to top Go down
Justintohunting

Justintohunting

PostSubject: Re: Got a big surprise while checking my camera this past morning   Got a big surprise while checking my camera this past morning EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 9:13 pm

Ha did he say if he cracked the security code.. At least you got it back.. the problem you have is you dont want to make it to where the landowners take his side and not yours.. Treat it like public land.. scout harder, hunt harder than he is.. You know where he will be .. plan around hiim..i had a small place i hunted and got there before him everryday i hunted.. the landowner said he would pull in and see my vehicle and then leave.. who knows, you might have a new hunting buddy
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Got a big surprise while checking my camera this past morning   Got a big surprise while checking my camera this past morning EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 9:42 pm

That sucks
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Got a big surprise while checking my camera this past morning   Got a big surprise while checking my camera this past morning EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 9:43 pm

Hate a theif.
Back to top Go down
Indiana_buck_buster

Indiana_buck_buster

PostSubject: Re: Got a big surprise while checking my camera this past morning   Got a big surprise while checking my camera this past morning EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 10:23 pm

Well I finally got the camera back today. I went to get it from him because he said he would put it in my mail box Wednesday night and it wasn't there when I chichi at 630am/300pm/or 530. So I went to his house then he tells me the owner told him that I was supposed to only hunt across the creek. Bullshit until the owner tells me himself. I got permission first so in going to hunt where ever I feel like. Ive put in a lot of leg work and should be able to hunt it as I need to. I'm going to give him a little taste of what he deserves. I'm going to buy a bunch of Irish spring soap and bury it all around his stand in about a 40 yard circle. Deer just hate the smell of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Got a big surprise while checking my camera this past morning   Got a big surprise while checking my camera this past morning Empty

Back to top Go down

Got a big surprise while checking my camera this past morning
Page 1 of 1