Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Court Overturns Scent-Lok Ruling See More News

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Brandon

Brandon

Court Overturns Scent-Lok Ruling See More News Empty
PostSubject: Court Overturns Scent-Lok Ruling See More News   Court Overturns Scent-Lok Ruling See More News EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 10:49 am

9/6/2011
ALS Enterprises Inc., owners and marketer of the Scent-Lok brand of scent control hunting apparel, has claimed a major victory in the long-standing class action lawsuit that challenged the products’ ability to control human odor. After four years of litigation, which was brought by a group of five Minnesota hunters, a federal appeals court issued its decision on August 18, rejecting plaintiffs’ core allegations and overturning an injunction issued last year.

Among other things, the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit noted that evidence introduced in the district court showed that carbon-containing hunting clothing dramatically outperformed non-carbon clothing at adsorbing odors: “Defendants’ expert, Dr. Hartman, conducted quantitative permeation testing and estimated that Defendants’ products ‘blocked’ ninety-six to ninety-nine percent of odor compounds, whereas non-carbon garments blocked only five to fifty-five percent.”

The Eighth Circuit also ruled that ALS’s use of the terms “odor eliminating” and “reactivation” in describing its products was not literally false, and that the district court had erred in basing “its determination of literal falsity on the most absolute of competing dictionary definitions of the word ‘eliminate.’” In support, the Court noted that “Defendants introduced evidence of substantial customer satisfaction with ALS’s Scent-Lok products, as well as evidence that, when those products first came on the market in the early 1990’s, numerous soaps, powders, and cover sprays were being marketed to deer hunters as ‘odor-eliminating’ products.”

The Court also ruled that “Plaintiffs led the district court into error” in entering an injunction, and ordered the dismissal of all claims for injunctive relief because “Plaintiffs failed to prove both the requisite irreparable injury and their core allegations that Defendants’ use of the terms ‘odor eliminating’ and ‘reactivation’ were literally false.”

Scent-Lok president and inventor of activated-carbon hunting apparel, Greg Sesselmann, commented: “We are gratified by the decision. It gives me great satisfaction that our products continue to provide hunters the ability to get close to wildlife and experience the beauty of nature like never before. At the same time, we are saddened at the burden that this lawsuit has caused our team members and their families, as well as the frustration that our retailers, field staff and sales rep organizations have experienced. We thank all of those who have stood beside us in this fight, especially our ultimate customers—people who have purchased Scent-Lok gear and know that it works.”

“Customers have never needed an attorney to get total satisfaction from our company.” Sesselmann remarked. “Our satisfaction level is extremely high and, based on the unsolicited testimonials that we receive and our own experience in the field, we know that Scent-Lok products are highly effective at reducing odors. On behalf of our retail partners, we remain focused on making the best hunting apparel in the world.”

Back to top Go down
Justintohunting

Justintohunting

PostSubject: Re: Court Overturns Scent-Lok Ruling See More News   Court Overturns Scent-Lok Ruling See More News EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 3:25 pm

Thumbs up to scent-lok.. Keep making awesome products..
Back to top Go down
Indiana_buck_buster

Indiana_buck_buster

PostSubject: Re: Court Overturns Scent-Lok Ruling See More News   Court Overturns Scent-Lok Ruling See More News EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 12:18 am

very glad to see this outcome. This will be my first year using their product and it gives me a little more confidence in the field.
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

PostSubject: Re: Court Overturns Scent-Lok Ruling See More News   Court Overturns Scent-Lok Ruling See More News EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 9:06 am

I just wonder if the damage has allready been done. Reputations take so long to build up, but are ruined so quickly...
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: Court Overturns Scent-Lok Ruling See More News   Court Overturns Scent-Lok Ruling See More News EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 9:54 am

Not sure why these guys wasted their time on litigation. If you don't like a product then don't by it. I have some scent lok stuff and it's really comfortable. Not sure if it works well or not but I like the stuff. You should still spray down and hunt the wind the best you can. Nothing can fool a deer every time
Back to top Go down
Justintohunting

Justintohunting

PostSubject: Re: Court Overturns Scent-Lok Ruling See More News   Court Overturns Scent-Lok Ruling See More News EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 10:44 am

oregonzach wrote:
I just wonder if the damage has allready been done. Reputations take so long to build up, but are ruined so quickly...

thats what i thought too but scent lok will get back on their feet and be better than before in my opinion...Scent lok won their case jjust buy an experiment with their product wheree it showed it actually can eliminate 99% of odor... In my opinion that is scent elimination.. Go ScentLOk
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Court Overturns Scent-Lok Ruling See More News   Court Overturns Scent-Lok Ruling See More News Empty

Back to top Go down

Court Overturns Scent-Lok Ruling See More News
Page 1 of 1