Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Tad Thompson

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
buckbuster217

Tad Thompson Empty
PostSubject: Tad Thompson   Tad Thompson EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 9:23 pm

9 days and a wake up for us Ohio folks, hung my last stand Sunday morning , it will be a rut stand so no worries of hunting it too early, everything is ready, now to play the waiting game!! went to my buddies bow shop tonight and watched all the guys jumping through their rears trying to get things in order, actually had a guy out there tonight wanting new strings and cables put on his bow! my buddy tried to explain too him that it was awful close too season to be doing that but he insisted so he did it, I cant believe how many people wait till a week before season to try and get everything ready.
Back to top Go down
buckbuster217

Tad Thompson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tad Thompson   Tad Thompson EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 7:38 am

Yesterday was pretty much a bust! seen 3 does from my morning stand, all too far for a shot, got to my afternoon stand and around 3 P.M. the farmer next door decided to brush hog the field that is only about 50 yards from my stand, he got done around 5:30, so I stuck it out but nothing showed, at least I had something to watch all afternoon! lol, got up this morning to go and could hear thunder in the distance, got my shower and when i got out it was raining along with lightning and more thunder, so here I sit , hopefully it will quit for this afternoon.
Back to top Go down
Justintohunting

Justintohunting

Tad Thompson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tad Thompson   Tad Thompson EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 8:29 am

Ha, your season sounds a little like mine lol!
Back to top Go down
buckbuster217

Tad Thompson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tad Thompson   Tad Thompson EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 12:54 pm

Got completely rained out this morning, steady rain with some pretty strong winds out of the N/NW, 15 to 30 mph, hopefully this afternoon it will calm down abit
Back to top Go down
buckbuster217

Tad Thompson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tad Thompson   Tad Thompson EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 10:15 pm

went out this afternoon, the rain had stopped but the wind was still blowing pretty hard, inbetween hanging onto the tree to keep from getting blown out I seen 5 does and a button buck, only had a shot on the button and a yearling doe so I passed , seen alot more than I figured with the wind blowing the way it was
Back to top Go down
buckbuster217

Tad Thompson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tad Thompson   Tad Thompson EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 9:20 pm

spent the evening in a stand in a funnel leading up to a bean field, had a doe and a 6 point come out in the field edge and mill around till dark , nothing else showed up.
Back to top Go down
buckbuster217

Tad Thompson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tad Thompson   Tad Thompson EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 6:25 pm

good morning this morning,seen 7, 4 does, 2 bucks and a button buck, the bucks were a small 4 point and a decent 6 point that will be a nice deer in acouple of years, had a coyote come in the bottom behind the stand I was in, didnt have a shot on him or he would of got it! by far the best morning hunt I have had so far, the weather was nice and it seemed like everything was moving this morning, to include the several thousand squirrelsit seems!!!
Back to top Go down
buckbuster217

Tad Thompson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tad Thompson   Tad Thompson EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 9:27 pm

was out today from 1:30 till dark and only seen a small 4 point and thats it! did see a black squirrel though
Back to top Go down
Indiana_buck_buster

Indiana_buck_buster

Tad Thompson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tad Thompson   Tad Thompson EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 7:36 am

Never seen a black squirrel alive so that's pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
buckbuster217

Tad Thompson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tad Thompson   Tad Thompson EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 8:29 pm

was out this evening and things were pretty slow so i hit the doe bleat can and grunted acouple of times and had a nice 8 point cime charging in looking for the action, had him at 32 yards but never had a clean shot on him, then right at dark had 2 does come through.
Back to top Go down
buckbuster217

Tad Thompson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tad Thompson   Tad Thompson EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 4:54 pm

out this morning and had deer all around the stand in the dark, got daylight and had a button buck bedded down 15 yards from my stand, he stayed right there till a doe came through around 8, he left following her, about 10 minutes later a 4 point came through with his nose to the ground , grunting almost every step following the does trail.
Tad Thompson Img00010
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tad Thompson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tad Thompson   Tad Thompson Empty

Back to top Go down

Tad Thompson
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Whitetail Affliction :: Buck Fever :: From the Field-
Jump to: