Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Urban Deer Slayer

Go down 
+4
buckbuster217
kkleve
Justintohunting
Indiana_buck_buster
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Indiana_buck_buster

Indiana_buck_buster

Urban Deer Slayer Empty
PostSubject: Urban Deer Slayer   Urban Deer Slayer EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 9:46 pm

Gear already / tree picked out / game plan is a go. Won't be out until Thursday afternoon I'll update when I'm in the stand.
Back to top Go down
Indiana_buck_buster

Indiana_buck_buster

Urban Deer Slayer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urban Deer Slayer   Urban Deer Slayer EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 2:56 pm

Well I just got into my stand and all set up. Sprayed a corn oil vanilla mix around my stand to and from. About 10 mins later saw a fawn and doe walking in behind me. I got my camera set up and took my shot. I crushed her I think she pulled up lime 50 yards away. Looked down at camera and forgot to hit record. I'll update in about 30 mins.
Back to top Go down
Justintohunting

Justintohunting

Urban Deer Slayer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urban Deer Slayer   Urban Deer Slayer EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 3:44 pm

Congrats man. Way to start your season
Back to top Go down
Indiana_buck_buster

Indiana_buck_buster

Urban Deer Slayer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urban Deer Slayer   Urban Deer Slayer EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 4:21 pm

The doe is down. She went about 50 yards.
Back to top Go down
kkleve

kkleve

Urban Deer Slayer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urban Deer Slayer   Urban Deer Slayer EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 4:56 pm

so the blood runner did a good job
Back to top Go down
Indiana_buck_buster

Indiana_buck_buster

Urban Deer Slayer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urban Deer Slayer   Urban Deer Slayer EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 7:35 pm

Ya blood runner worked great. She was quartering away and I put it just behind her shoulder and buried it in the opposite shoulder. Arrow was in three pieces but broadhead was still intack and functional. Just needs sharpened back up. I give them a 10 out of 10.
Back to top Go down
buckbuster217

Urban Deer Slayer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urban Deer Slayer   Urban Deer Slayer EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 8:55 pm

Congrats man!!! way to put the slickhead down!!!! need some pics now!!
Back to top Go down
Indiana_buck_buster

Indiana_buck_buster

Urban Deer Slayer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urban Deer Slayer   Urban Deer Slayer EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 8:25 am

Having some technical difficulties importing from my handycam to my computer.
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

Urban Deer Slayer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urban Deer Slayer   Urban Deer Slayer EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 9:25 am

Congrats on the doe
Back to top Go down
Indiana_buck_buster

Indiana_buck_buster

Urban Deer Slayer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urban Deer Slayer   Urban Deer Slayer EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 9:39 am

well i had to hook camera up to the tv and take a picture of the TV to get a pic. Didnt know the camera was not mac compatible.
Urban Deer Slayer 0c8720c0
Back to top Go down
Justintohunting

Justintohunting

Urban Deer Slayer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urban Deer Slayer   Urban Deer Slayer EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 3:33 pm

Awesome man
Back to top Go down
Indiana_buck_buster

Indiana_buck_buster

Urban Deer Slayer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urban Deer Slayer   Urban Deer Slayer EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 5:12 pm

Thank you all. After I got her checked in I quartered her out and gave her a water/ice bath over night. Right now I'm cutting her up. Mostly will be burgers and steaks then another water/ice bath over night. Tomorrow I'll grind her up and vacuum seal it all up. Good luck to all of you this season.
Back to top Go down
fullrut

Urban Deer Slayer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urban Deer Slayer   Urban Deer Slayer EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 11:56 pm

Nicely done. congrats!
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

Urban Deer Slayer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urban Deer Slayer   Urban Deer Slayer EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 9:04 pm

Nice Congrats. cheers
Back to top Go down
Indiana_buck_buster

Indiana_buck_buster

Urban Deer Slayer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urban Deer Slayer   Urban Deer Slayer EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 6:46 am

In stand checking in. Good luck all.
Back to top Go down
Justintohunting

Justintohunting

Urban Deer Slayer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urban Deer Slayer   Urban Deer Slayer EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 12:52 pm

Indiana_buck_buster wrote:
Sprayed a corn oil vanilla mix around my stand to and from..

What is the reccipie to this mix.? is it homemade?..(if you dont mind sharing..LOL)
Back to top Go down
Indiana_buck_buster

Indiana_buck_buster

Urban Deer Slayer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urban Deer Slayer   Urban Deer Slayer EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 4:31 pm

I contacted a CO and it is perfectly legal. I mixed 60% corn oil to 40% vanilla. $3 for big bottle of corn oil and $1 for vanilla mix. I bought 1 bottle corn oil and 2 bottle of vanilla. I can make about 4 spray bottles full of it. FYI the Nose Jammer stuff is mostly vanilla.
Back to top Go down
Justintohunting

Justintohunting

Urban Deer Slayer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urban Deer Slayer   Urban Deer Slayer EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 4:42 pm

thanks im gonna try it
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

Urban Deer Slayer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urban Deer Slayer   Urban Deer Slayer EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 9:41 pm

Congrats on the doe...

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
Indiana_buck_buster

Indiana_buck_buster

Urban Deer Slayer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urban Deer Slayer   Urban Deer Slayer EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 4:41 pm

Went out the morning of the 4th and only saw two BIG coyotes. They were well fed about the size of a medium sized dog. Today is the 6th and the temp is in the low 80s with very little wind. Since I haven't seen any horns yet since I use a Summit Viper I moved about 300 yards south of previous location.
Back to top Go down
buckbuster217

Urban Deer Slayer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urban Deer Slayer   Urban Deer Slayer EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 5:20 pm

Good luck on the move, did ya have a shot on the yotes?
Back to top Go down
Indiana_buck_buster

Indiana_buck_buster

Urban Deer Slayer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urban Deer Slayer   Urban Deer Slayer EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 5:37 pm

Nope but I wish I did.
Back to top Go down
Indiana_buck_buster

Indiana_buck_buster

Urban Deer Slayer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urban Deer Slayer   Urban Deer Slayer EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 10:31 pm

About 7pm a unspotted fawn came in at about 30 yards played in the creek and ate some leaves off a tree. After a little while she took off up the hill to my left and stopped then started wagging her tail like a happy dog I pulled the binos up and she was nursing off an old doe. After a few minutes the old doe starts down the hill towards me. I reached over to move the camera and she spotted me. For the next 15-20 minutes she was stomping and blowing at me. I bet she blew atleast 20 times. After each blow she would take a few more steps stomp and blow. She got about 30 yards away and finally took off. I've never had one blow that many times. It's usually one and gone. She must have not caught my scent and didn't know what I was. While she was stomping and blowing the other deer stood like statues never moving until she finally left.
Back to top Go down
Justintohunting

Justintohunting

Urban Deer Slayer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urban Deer Slayer   Urban Deer Slayer EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 8:48 am

sounds like an exciting morning
Back to top Go down
Indiana_buck_buster

Indiana_buck_buster

Urban Deer Slayer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urban Deer Slayer   Urban Deer Slayer EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 5:00 pm

Another sit in the creek bottom where I encountered the four does the other night. Got a little wind but not to bad. The trees are really starting to drop their leaves. Makes it kinda nice to see farther but I don't get much concealment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Urban Deer Slayer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urban Deer Slayer   Urban Deer Slayer Empty

Back to top Go down

Urban Deer Slayer
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next