Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Calls

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Justintohunting

PostSubject: Calls   Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:37 pm

Does anyone here use calls during the early season.. I pretty much wait till rut then use my rattle bag and grunt tube.. I have heard of a few people calling in deer in early season though. with doe bleats. Was wondering if anyone else is packing a call right now..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
buckbuster217

PostSubject: Re: Calls   Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:50 pm

I don't carry any calls with me in the early season either Justin, just wait till the rut and use horns and a grunt tube like you do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wacker

PostSubject: Re: Calls   Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:30 am

I've seen deer making grunts and smacking antlers on the first day of the season past years. One year I watched a young buck grunt like crazy and chase every deer in the field first day. Yeah, most bucks aren't as aggressive as that. Deer are social and curious. If I see a shooter making his way through out of range sometimes it only takesa little noise to spark their curiousity and move a little closer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Robert

PostSubject: Re: Calls   Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:55 pm

I don't call during the early season. I use to and never had a bit of luck with it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Calls   Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:12 pm

I always have my calls with me, I have called in alot of bucks with a snort weezzzz in early season
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bowhunter83

PostSubject: Re: Calls   Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:48 pm

always carry grunt tube and pack rack. I've got buck on cam right now hitting the antlers sparring. so i just sith there and tickle em together, nothing hard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Calls   

Back to top Go down

Calls
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1