Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

ridges or bottoms.

Go down 
+2
Indiana_buck_buster
Justintohunting
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Justintohunting

Justintohunting

ridges or bottoms. Empty
PostSubject: ridges or bottoms.   ridges or bottoms. EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 10:35 pm

Since acorns are really heavy this year i have acorns on the property i hunt .. I have a nice ridge top with acorns galaore and i also have a bottom full of acorns..Which would you hunt.. Which one for morning hunt and which one for evening...They both lead to bedding area..

The only downfall i think to the bottom would be trying to fight the swirling winds that usually occur down there..just wanted my WA friends to tell me how they would hunt it..
Back to top Go down
Indiana_buck_buster

Indiana_buck_buster

ridges or bottoms. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ridges or bottoms.   ridges or bottoms. EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 4:30 pm

How tall are the ridges? What direction do the ridges run? Is their a water source in the bottom? What's the prevailing wind?
Back to top Go down
Justintohunting

Justintohunting

ridges or bottoms. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ridges or bottoms.   ridges or bottoms. EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 7:03 pm

water source is at the bottom, ridges run north and south perfect for sunrising and setting east to west.. I found what looks to be like a shelf halfway up the ridge , found a trail on it that im gonna set up on and watch
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

ridges or bottoms. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ridges or bottoms.   ridges or bottoms. EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 9:14 pm

I tend to keep my stands high on the ridge but not neccarily on the top. It's tuff playin the wind on the bottoms. There's areas along the creek I stay out of as a sanctuary. If you can find a place where you could seen down far enough at least you could watch and see if there's a lot activity down there.
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

ridges or bottoms. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ridges or bottoms.   ridges or bottoms. EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 9:03 am

I love hunting ridges. I like sitting up half was up unless I find a good trail on the top
Back to top Go down
buckbuster217

ridges or bottoms. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ridges or bottoms.   ridges or bottoms. EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 5:07 pm

Just remember your thermals, I tend to hunt ridges in the mornings due to your thermals rising and hunt the bottoms in the afternoons due to the thermals dropping
Back to top Go down
Indiana_buck_buster

Indiana_buck_buster

ridges or bottoms. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ridges or bottoms.   ridges or bottoms. EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 5:39 pm

buckbuster217 wrote:
Just remember your thermals, I tend to hunt ridges in the mornings due to your thermals rising and hunt the bottoms in the afternoons due to the thermals dropping
Same here.
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

ridges or bottoms. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ridges or bottoms.   ridges or bottoms. EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 10:54 am

As a general rule, I like checking out the ridges first, thats where I find the best travel routs. A good ridge top trail is my go to spot!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ridges or bottoms. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ridges or bottoms.   ridges or bottoms. Empty

Back to top Go down

ridges or bottoms.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Whitetail Affliction :: Buck Fever :: Bow Hunting. Sponsored by Bohning Archer-
Jump to: