Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Super slam

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
botzitaliano

PostSubject: Super slam   Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:41 pm

Hey all, just figured I'd throw it out there. Anybody completed the north American super slam, or in the process of doing so? I'm 24 years old and have only taken whitetail deer. But I was thinking of trying to complete the slam, by taking a trip for one or two animals a year, most likely for the next 25 years.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justintohunting

PostSubject: Re: Super slam   Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:06 am

Whitetails for me and don't see any traveling for other big game unless I win the lottery. Money is too tight but it would be awesome to do. Good luck on yours if you decide to try it. I just want to shoot an elk in my lifetime though. Think that would be a blast with a bow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oregonzach

PostSubject: Re: Super slam   Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:31 pm

Slow and steady might get me halfway there, but I don't think I have a chance to get even close to all the way there. Doing self hunts on the cheap could get me into moose, black bear, mulies and pronghorns, but I don't think I'm ever going to get the 10 grand for a grizzly or mountain goat hunt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Robert

PostSubject: Re: Super slam   Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:42 am

Cost will keep me away from it as well. The unreal cost of some of the hunts will take most people out of it. Certain hunts must be done with a guide based on laws in those countries and some are just expensive tags that are very hard to get drawn for. If you've not read Chuck Adams book you should. He talks about borrowing on his home several times to get certain hunts. It would be an unreal accomplishment but one I'll not see
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wacker

PostSubject: Re: Super slam   Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:13 pm

I'm waiting for Whitetail Affliction to sponsor me. geek

Back to top Go down
View user profile
botzitaliano

PostSubject: Re: Super slam   Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:17 pm

Wow that's devotion right there to put your house up so you can take big game. Go chuck! I'll probably never see it all either but I definatly would like to get a few of them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justintohunting

PostSubject: Re: Super slam   Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:13 pm

[quote="wacker"]I'm waiting for Whitetail Affliction to sponsor me. geek

I like that idea
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super slam   

Back to top Go down

Super slam