Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Any Hoosiers trading in the stick and string?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
oregonzach

oregonzach

Any Hoosiers trading in the stick and string? Empty
PostSubject: Any Hoosiers trading in the stick and string?   Any Hoosiers trading in the stick and string? EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 12:38 pm

So next year when Indiana legalizes crossguns-oops, I mean crossbows-for the archery season, are any of you guys going to make a switch from your regular boes and use crossbows in the general bow season?
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: Any Hoosiers trading in the stick and string?   Any Hoosiers trading in the stick and string? EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 9:39 am

The crossbow is a hot button for sure but I don't really have an issue with it. I wont be using one cause I love shooting my bow but I may get one for my young son to use. He is still about 2 or 3 years away from using a regular bow and this will allow me to get him out more.

My thought on compounds are that they really only affect people hunting public land. If you hunt private land then you should have control of what is used. Also, I shoot my compound further and my accurate then most crossbows I've seen.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Any Hoosiers trading in the stick and string?   Any Hoosiers trading in the stick and string? EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 2:31 pm

I wont unless it is cold out, as you know i got one. but i do know it will get my youngest out during the early season.
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: Any Hoosiers trading in the stick and string?   Any Hoosiers trading in the stick and string? EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 8:53 pm

I probably wont get one for a while...but again I have a couple of youngsters so might consider it for them....until they can hunt with bow

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
Indiana_buck_buster

Indiana_buck_buster

PostSubject: Re: Any Hoosiers trading in the stick and string?   Any Hoosiers trading in the stick and string? EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 1:07 am

I know ill probably get ripped for this one but here is what I think. I for one will never use one if I am capable of shooting a compound bow. MHO is if you are not physically capable of shooting a legal weight compound bow then grab a crossbow. My issue is that it is locked and loaded just like a gun. I have no problem with them being allowed in late archery by everyone.

On a side note it will bring in more money for the state which is always better because they might not have to keep raising the tag fees.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any Hoosiers trading in the stick and string?   Any Hoosiers trading in the stick and string? Empty

Back to top Go down

Any Hoosiers trading in the stick and string?
Page 1 of 1