Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

My 2011 Deer Camp

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Justintohunting

Justintohunting

My 2011 Deer Camp Empty
PostSubject: My 2011 Deer Camp   My 2011 Deer Camp EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 6:31 pm

Well i just got back from my deer camp from thursday to today i have been out there.. It was a blast being out there with people who love doing the same thing as i do....We had a total of 11 people at our camp ranging in age from 14 to 50 ...The first morning that i hunted i had my first ever encounter with a pope and young buck.. It started when i was getting in my stand i heard a deer crashing through the woods.. getting up in the stand i then sprayed some doe estrous in the air and got settled in ... With me blowing out a deer i figured that i would grunt and hit the bleat can a few times..That was my first mistake because i did not range anything because i was in stand for 1 minute by this time.. As i was putting the can call back in my pocket i looked up and there was a doe no farther than 40 yds from me and walking right towards me.. I grabbed the bow off the hanger and could here another deer walking up to this doe.. when i saw it was a big 10 point. he was heavy, tall, and wide ... Now im nervous and freaking out because i dont know the range of anything.. The doe was stareiing up in the tree so i couldnt reach for rangefinder.. The buck started circleing the doe and would then run her out of range and back in range.. When he came to what i thought was 35 yds i drew back and stopped him with a bleat.. I sent the arrow harmlessly over his back. he ran a little ways and stopped but never came around again.. I saw 7 deer that day.. The next day was rifle season and that morning my brother-in-law took a nice 8 point from his stand.. We had to fight 40 mph wind all day... i had a hunter spook a button buck past me and i ended up making some good shots with my sks and put him down within sight.. All in all deer camp was a blast and a plus we ended up getting some deer hanging....
Back to top Go down
Justintohunting

Justintohunting

My 2011 Deer Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 2011 Deer Camp   My 2011 Deer Camp EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 6:35 pm

My 2011 Deer Camp Dscn1010
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

My 2011 Deer Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 2011 Deer Camp   My 2011 Deer Camp EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 8:53 am

Looking good Justin. Love the propane tank
Back to top Go down
Justintohunting

Justintohunting

My 2011 Deer Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 2011 Deer Camp   My 2011 Deer Camp EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 9:40 am

Im working on getting some made for the prostaff .. A friend has a vinyl cutter and we are working on making front window decals but this one turned out way too big. Evil or Very Mad .. Alot of trial and error here but getting close... That should hold us out till we get our WA shirts, hats ..Any word on them robert,mark, or Brandon?
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

My 2011 Deer Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 2011 Deer Camp   My 2011 Deer Camp EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 10:14 pm

Sorry about the miss....nice doe!!

Cool WA decal... Cool

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My 2011 Deer Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 2011 Deer Camp   My 2011 Deer Camp Empty

Back to top Go down

My 2011 Deer Camp