Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

TenPoint Turkey

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
fullrut

TenPoint Turkey Empty
PostSubject: TenPoint Turkey   TenPoint Turkey EmptyMon May 14, 2012 9:39 pm

This past winter I was named to the TenPoint Crossbow Prostaff so I really wanted to kill a turkey this spring with one of their bows. However I procrastinated and didn't get one ordered until the Monday before turkey season, not knowing when it would arrive I figured the heck with it I'll probably just hunt with my shotgun. Well the second day of season I was headed out the door with my shotgun when the FedEx man pulled up wih my new crossbow. I figured this must be an omen and I decided it was a crossbow turkey for me or nothing. I bolted it together and was hitting the eleven ring on a turkey target every time at 20 yds. Well the second morning I hunted with it I had a 30yd shot at a tom. Not ever shooting the bow past 20yds I didn't take the shot for fear of wounding him.

Well this past Sunday me Haydenhunter and Haymaker got this bow sighted in and was hitting a 2"dot every time from 20 to 50 yds. This thing is amazing.

Tuesday I took it for an afternoon hunt. I spotted a tom at 450 yds across a cornfield. I thought there is surely no way I could call him in but I thought what do I have to lose. I made the loudest clucks I could on my Double S slate call and he stopped and looked my way. I couldn't beleive it. I made a few more calls then shut up. I figured as long as he was coming I wasn't going to call to him. It took him a half hour to get to me but when he was at 30yds I shot him. He flew a short distance and I recovered him. He weighed 24lbs, had a 11.5" beard and 30mm spurs.
Man I can't wait to see what I can do on a deer with this bow. Thanks TenPoint.
TenPoint Turkey DSC00253
TenPoint Turkey DSC00256
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

TenPoint Turkey Empty
PostSubject: Re: TenPoint Turkey   TenPoint Turkey EmptyTue May 15, 2012 12:53 pm

Great looking Bird Chris, Congrats my friend
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

TenPoint Turkey Empty
PostSubject: Re: TenPoint Turkey   TenPoint Turkey EmptyThu May 17, 2012 11:32 am

Congrats on the longbeard Chris

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

TenPoint Turkey Empty
PostSubject: Re: TenPoint Turkey   TenPoint Turkey EmptySat May 19, 2012 11:42 pm

Awesome bird Chris. Congrats buddy. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TenPoint Turkey Empty
PostSubject: Re: TenPoint Turkey   TenPoint Turkey Empty

Back to top Go down

TenPoint Turkey
Page 1 of 1