Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Had to get away for just a lil bit!

Go down 
+7
TheRomer
LUNGBUSTER
Joe
Tall Tine
Robert
Dave
Corey
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Corey

Corey

Had to get away for just a lil bit! Empty
PostSubject: Had to get away for just a lil bit!   Had to get away for just a lil bit! EmptySun May 10, 2009 7:30 pm

Juice, Nappy, and I decided we were going to head out into the mountains yesterday and go camping to get away from the city. We just packed our backpacks, sleeping bags, and some food and headed out. We did take alot of food and I will say that it was the first time I had ever packed ribs into the mountains but it was awesome.

We built a shelter and this is what we started with
Had to get away for just a lil bit! 004

Few pics after we finished
Had to get away for just a lil bit! 030

Had to get away for just a lil bit! 033

Had to get away for just a lil bit! 028

Have you ever had a meal this nice while backpacking into the mountains?
Had to get away for just a lil bit! 015

Me playing in the fire a little wearing my super nice Keyes beanie
Had to get away for just a lil bit! 026

Taking pics by the lake we set up camp beside
Had to get away for just a lil bit! 044

Had to get away for just a lil bit! 045

We woke up this morning and decided it would be a good idea to go take a swin in the FREEZING lake. We had a good time and it was great to get away from everything even if only for a little bit. Sorry so many pics
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Had to get away for just a lil bit!   Had to get away for just a lil bit! EmptySun May 10, 2009 8:05 pm

Looks like a great time away from the business of life. Glad you got to enjoy sometime away from your everyday activities. You guys had a great set up and a great meal. Next time I want to be in one it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: Had to get away for just a lil bit!   Had to get away for just a lil bit! EmptySun May 10, 2009 8:58 pm

Looks like you all had a great time. I know it looks like fun to me. Congrats on getting away for a bit. That's not easy in your line of work
Back to top Go down
Tall Tine

Tall Tine

PostSubject: Re: Had to get away for just a lil bit!   Had to get away for just a lil bit! EmptySun May 10, 2009 9:01 pm

Man that looks like a great time for sure! That would be sweet to do that!
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Had to get away for just a lil bit!   Had to get away for just a lil bit! EmptySun May 10, 2009 9:40 pm

That is awesome. Its a great thing when you can get away for awhile. Congrats!!
Back to top Go down
LUNGBUSTER

PostSubject: nice   Had to get away for just a lil bit! EmptySun May 10, 2009 10:01 pm

you didnt about cut your fingers off cutting those ribs , like the time you did cleaning catfish ???????? good chance i would guess
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Had to get away for just a lil bit!   Had to get away for just a lil bit! EmptySun May 10, 2009 10:34 pm

That looks like one heck of a time, i would love to do that some time.

Great pics
Back to top Go down
Corey

Corey

PostSubject: Re: Had to get away for just a lil bit!   Had to get away for just a lil bit! EmptyMon May 11, 2009 12:08 am

hahahah NO SUZY, I didnt about cut my finger off!!! I do have pics off all those fish though. I need to go get em scanned so I can get them on here. I have some of all of our bass in florida too! I will see what I can do to get em on here and show em off.
Back to top Go down
Brandon

Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Had to get away for just a lil bit!   Had to get away for just a lil bit! EmptyMon May 11, 2009 8:40 am

Looks awesome!
Back to top Go down
Juice

Juice

PostSubject: Re: Had to get away for just a lil bit!   Had to get away for just a lil bit! EmptyMon May 11, 2009 10:26 am

Wow! I'm impressed with y'alls camping skills. I think Dustin has been watching too many Survivor tv shows. Let me guess he was constantly playing with the fire...... Sorry, he is a pyromaniac! It can be 90' here at home and he thinks it would be a great idea to light up a fire. Glad to see you guys had fun for a day. Take care & Good Luck!
Back to top Go down
Big Sexy

Big Sexy

PostSubject: Re: Had to get away for just a lil bit!   Had to get away for just a lil bit! EmptyMon May 11, 2009 12:37 pm

WOW What a butiful place! How far from civalization were you/ how long of a hike?
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

PostSubject: Re: Had to get away for just a lil bit!   Had to get away for just a lil bit! EmptyMon May 11, 2009 2:07 pm

That is just awesome! I miss living out West, what a beautiful place. Where were
you at?
Back to top Go down
Corey

Corey

PostSubject: Re: Had to get away for just a lil bit!   Had to get away for just a lil bit! EmptyMon May 11, 2009 2:54 pm

HAHAHA Yea he played in the fire pretty much the whole time. He thinks he knows how to make the perfect fire and hes not affraid to tell you about it! haha

As far as where we were, Im not sure but im pretty sure lost would describe it! Smile We actually were just driving looking for a place to leave the truck and came to a parking lot with a few grills bye it so we parked the truck and just hiked back in from there. We went deep enough in that we couldnt hear any people or cell phones or any civilization so we were happy. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Had to get away for just a lil bit!   Had to get away for just a lil bit! Empty

Back to top Go down

Had to get away for just a lil bit!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Whitetail Affliction :: Buck Fever :: Around the Campfire-
Jump to: