Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Do you fletch your own arrows?

Go down 
+9
patrkyhntr37
Robert
Glenn
TheRomer
Jody
Dave
Tall Tine
Joe
Mark
13 posters

Yes
Do you fletch your own arrows? Vote_lcap79%Do you fletch your own arrows? Vote_rcap
 79% [ 15 ]
No
Do you fletch your own arrows? Vote_lcap5%Do you fletch your own arrows? Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
buy them already fletched
Do you fletch your own arrows? Vote_lcap11%Do you fletch your own arrows? Vote_rcap
 11% [ 2 ]
Pro shop does it
Do you fletch your own arrows? Vote_lcap5%Do you fletch your own arrows? Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 19

AuthorMessage
Mark

Mark

Do you fletch your own arrows? Empty
PostSubject: Do you fletch your own arrows?   Do you fletch your own arrows? EmptyWed May 13, 2009 9:42 am

Here's a question for you sll.....

Do you fletch your own arrows??

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Do you fletch your own arrows?   Do you fletch your own arrows? EmptyWed May 13, 2009 10:01 am

Sure do... love doing it.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tine

Tall Tine

PostSubject: Re: Do you fletch your own arrows?   Do you fletch your own arrows? EmptyWed May 13, 2009 10:30 am

I don't, but I have always wanted to start doing it. I am hoping to purchase some things in the near future so I can.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Do you fletch your own arrows?   Do you fletch your own arrows? EmptyWed May 13, 2009 1:12 pm

Have been doing them myself and selling them for about 4 years. It is great to harvest a deer with an arrow that you put together. I do it all... wrap, fletch, cut, install inserts, etc. Be glad to give advice to anyone who needs it.
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: Do you fletch your own arrows?   Do you fletch your own arrows? EmptyWed May 13, 2009 1:40 pm

Dave will be writting an article on how to fletch and what you'll need to do it

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
Jody

Jody

PostSubject: Re: Do you fletch your own arrows?   Do you fletch your own arrows? EmptyWed May 13, 2009 2:16 pm

I have flecthed my own for 15 years now. Building your own as Dave mentioned is fun to me and keeps me going during the off season.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Do you fletch your own arrows?   Do you fletch your own arrows? EmptyWed May 13, 2009 6:09 pm

I do my own as well
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Do you fletch your own arrows?   Do you fletch your own arrows? EmptyWed May 13, 2009 8:10 pm

Here are a few I've done...

Do you fletch your own arrows? Maximas

Do you fletch your own arrows? Kvs2

Nothing special, but I like to get creative with the wraps and vane colors
Back to top Go down
Glenn

Glenn

PostSubject: Re: Do you fletch your own arrows?   Do you fletch your own arrows? EmptyWed May 13, 2009 8:52 pm

You guys are youngins, I've been making my own arrows for alittle over 30 years now , started with cedars back when I shot recurve and long bow then aluminum and now carbon. And it realy is a very good feeling when you take down your game with equipment you made yourself.
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: Do you fletch your own arrows?   Do you fletch your own arrows? EmptyWed May 13, 2009 9:52 pm

I started doing mine a few months after I bought my first bow. I figured if something goes wrong with the arrow then I want it to be on me and not because I didn't take the time to do it. I actually really enjoy doing it and enjoy getting them as slick as I can. I enjoy making my arrows pretty
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Do you fletch your own arrows?   Do you fletch your own arrows? EmptyWed May 13, 2009 9:56 pm

Robert wrote:
I started doing mine a few months after I bought my first bow. I figured if something goes wrong with the arrow then I want it to be on me and not because I didn't take the time to do it. I actually really enjoy doing it and enjoy getting them as slick as I can. I enjoy making my arrows pretty

I've seen arrows that Robert has done up... and he makes them look as good as anybody out there...
Back to top Go down
Jody

Jody

PostSubject: Re: Do you fletch your own arrows?   Do you fletch your own arrows? EmptyWed May 13, 2009 10:54 pm

Glenn wrote:
You guys are youngins, I've been making my own arrows for alittle over 30 years now , started with cedars back when I shot recurve and long bow then aluminum and now carbon. And it realy is a very good feeling when you take down your game with equipment you made yourself.

I suppose you were chopping down trees, whittling them down to a shaft and using sharpened rocks as broadheads. Probably some of your broadheads me & Mike found last spring while turkey hunting. JK I know you have tons of experience. I will bring my recurve when I come down next so we can shoot 'em up.

Nice looking arrows Dave. I just gotta say arrow aren't meant to be pretty. They are meant to inflict much hemorrhaging ultimately resulting in a quick death. Just messing with you guys!!
Back to top Go down
patrkyhntr37

PostSubject: Re: Do you fletch your own arrows?   Do you fletch your own arrows? EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 11:18 am

Yes i love to fletch my own arrows with me and my son shooting 3-d's every weekend and shooting almost everyday it only makes sense.
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: Do you fletch your own arrows?   Do you fletch your own arrows? EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 11:24 am

I will be fletching my own arrows thanks to patrkyhntr37
Back to top Go down
PAkilla86

PAkilla86

PostSubject: Re: Do you fletch your own arrows?   Do you fletch your own arrows? EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 1:00 pm

I started building my own arrows this year, everything but cut them but I plan to purchase an arrow saw later this year. I will tell you it does add to the satisfaction of the kill when you harvest something with an arrow youve built. It felt sweet when I harvested my ram earlier this year and the guide was looking over my arrows saying they look pretty good, and I could respond yea I put them together. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tecoutfitter

tecoutfitter

PostSubject: Re: Do you fletch your own arrows?   Do you fletch your own arrows? EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 11:38 pm

doing mine for about 15 years.

the best thing is that you play with so many different combos and if they get screwed up the only one to blame is youself.
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: Do you fletch your own arrows?   Do you fletch your own arrows? EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 4:28 pm

Well its official now I am fletching my own arrows doing one of my sons as we speek cant wait to see how it turns out put a white and black tiger blazer wraps and putting yellow and black tiger blazer vanes on it.
Back to top Go down
THE BULL

THE BULL

PostSubject: Re: Do you fletch your own arrows?   Do you fletch your own arrows? EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 4:34 pm

i love it...it is soooo relaxing to me...refuse to do any of my budds arrows though cause of course when they miss a target or get slapped by another arrow and forget to check their fletchings and lose a fletching on the next shot....YEP its the BULLs fault...So like i told the Big Indian..."HE IS ON HIS OWN"!!!!
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: Do you fletch your own arrows?   Do you fletch your own arrows? EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 4:55 pm

Well this was the first arrow I have ever fletched and I tell you what it was alot of fun to do with my son this is his arrow. We put the wrap on then fletched it with the BPE fletcher I just got.
Do you fletch your own arrows? 000_1537
Back to top Go down
THE BULL

THE BULL

PostSubject: Re: Do you fletch your own arrows?   Do you fletch your own arrows? EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 5:04 pm

nice job bro
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you fletch your own arrows?   Do you fletch your own arrows? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1