Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Why in the world did we build this?

Go down 
+12
Fiddle
Brandon
huntquest
Big Sexy
Glenn
Robert
Joe
Mark
mibigbuckhunter
Dave
TheRomer
Mike
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Mike

Why in the world did we build this? Empty
PostSubject: Why in the world did we build this?   Why in the world did we build this? EmptyThu May 14, 2009 9:27 pm

I was going to make this an article on the homepage, but figured I'd throw it right here instead.

Why in the world would somebody decide to build a website around deer hunting? Especially when it seems everybody and their brother has a website about hunting that fills up more pages on Google search than I care to sit and go through. There are those that broke ground on websites and basically cornered the market, and are still flourishing today. Then there are those that just can’t make it work for whatever reason. Call it part of the .com millionaire craze that hit and then fizzled out. “Start a .com site and make a million bucks!”

I can tell you, if a person builds a hunting website to get rich then they’ll starve to death before they make their first $5,000. But if they build a website to feed the passion they have and share it with others, then it will prosper. Overnight millionaires are a thing of the past. So why would 4 guys put their heads together and pull their resources to add another car at the tail end of the .com train? According to our wives…insanity. But in all honesty, we just wanted to have fun again. We wanted to get back to the root of all hunting trips…enjoyment. When the joy is gone in anything…the lack of interest soon follows.

Be the next Michael Waddell? Not hardly. There is only one Michael Waddell and there will always be only one Michael Waddell. Get back to the days of our youth? Please! Since when did 30 to 40 years of age mean you were too old and outdated? I’ll put my 35 year old butt up against that of a little 20 something in a tree stand any day of the week! Experience trumps youth. Just look at my wall Junior!

What it is, is the need to see and enjoy ALL aspects of hunting. From the plains of Western Oklahoma to the mountain ranges in Eastern Pennsylvania. From the high pressure state of Michigan all the way to a cut over in Central Alabama! We wanted to put something together that everyone could have a voice in, and an avenue to share their hunts for people to see! When was the last time you saw a 135” 10 pointer killed on Monster Bucks from Southern Alabama? You keep thinking about that for a while and I’ll tell you never. But I’ll also tell you if our buddy Andy Parnell takes his daughter out there and she smacks a 135” 10 pointer from Southern Alabama you WILL see it here! If Pro Staffer Adam Fox takes his wife out and she nails a doe for her first deer, you will see it here! The hunts don’t have to end in 200” of bone to be featured.

During the last election, Vice Presidential Candidate Sarah Palin made the phrase “Joe the Plumber” pretty popular. Our goal is to make “Joe the Hunter” a popular phrase. It’s not about getting rich, it’s not about getting famous, it’s not about trying to be something we’re not. It’s about building something that everyone can benefit from…not just a few of the elite. If you are “Joe the Hunter”….then you are why 4 guys put their heads together and pulled their resources to jump on the .com train and we hope you enjoy the ride!

Last edited by Mike on Thu May 14, 2009 11:18 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Why in the world did we build this?   Why in the world did we build this? EmptyThu May 14, 2009 9:35 pm

Dang Dude That was Nice. That should be on the front page,Great Job Mike. Very well put
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Why in the world did we build this?   Why in the world did we build this? EmptyThu May 14, 2009 9:42 pm

I am with Mike Romer... Stop the presses and move this to the front page... Front page material for sure. Well said Mike. What an enjoyable read!
Back to top Go down
mibigbuckhunter

mibigbuckhunter

PostSubject: Re: Why in the world did we build this?   Why in the world did we build this? EmptyThu May 14, 2009 9:50 pm

Great read there Mike. What about me ? I am actually Harry The Journeyman Plumber lol! Throw that Story on the front page, Very well written!
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: Why in the world did we build this?   Why in the world did we build this? EmptyThu May 14, 2009 10:10 pm

Mike....Where's the Passion??? just kidding.

you know why I got into it...... because I enjoy it.

I enjoy everyhing to do with hunting.....and hanging out and talking to hunters. Is a great deal of fun too me. If I cant be in deer camp with you. I'll be here for a little everyday I can.

very well stated Mike

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Why in the world did we build this?   Why in the world did we build this? EmptyThu May 14, 2009 10:39 pm

Nice post....enjoyed it!
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: Why in the world did we build this?   Why in the world did we build this? EmptyThu May 14, 2009 10:56 pm

You all should have been in on those first few talks. Man was it exciting and crazy. We had so much passion and so many resources that we were bursting to get going. We wanted to stop sitting still and start moving forward. Those four guys are each and every one of you. Four buddies and four regular dudes that mearly wanted to be a part of something special. We knew there was a place for hunters all kind and we knew that place was missing on the web. Much like the old cheers theme." where everybody knows your name and they're always glad you came" We are brothers and sisters and family is family. No body messes with family.

Thanks for the write up Mike and thanks to my family
Back to top Go down
Glenn

Glenn

PostSubject: Re: Why in the world did we build this?   Why in the world did we build this? EmptyThu May 14, 2009 11:12 pm

Well Said my friend, Well Said.
Back to top Go down
Big Sexy

Big Sexy

PostSubject: Re: Why in the world did we build this?   Why in the world did we build this? EmptyThu May 14, 2009 11:27 pm

Mike, nice post. I know you may not want the fame and the glory, but I wish it upon yhou guys so I can say know ya... You should be proud of the site and what you have accomplished, I know
i am of all of you..
Back to top Go down
huntquest

huntquest

PostSubject: Re: Why in the world did we build this?   Why in the world did we build this? EmptyFri May 15, 2009 12:10 am

Awesome post Mike!
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Why in the world did we build this?   Why in the world did we build this? EmptyFri May 15, 2009 8:16 am

Well said as well, Robert...
Back to top Go down
Brandon

Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Why in the world did we build this?   Why in the world did we build this? EmptyFri May 15, 2009 9:35 am

cheers About the joy and the lifestyle! Spoken like the true CHAMP you are MIKE thanks for the that!!
Back to top Go down
Fiddle

Fiddle

PostSubject: Re: Why in the world did we build this?   Why in the world did we build this? EmptyFri May 15, 2009 6:21 pm

Great post!!!! From one forum owner to the others I would like to offer just a little advice to yall. Don't fall into the trap of not supporting other hunting forums.

As fragile as our beloved hunting sport is, the more walls we build between us the closer the anti's become to shutting us down. I own my own forum and some of you have visited there and are members. I myself belong to several other forums and visit them almost daily. They all are a little different from one another but the common bond they share is hunting and the love of archery.

Not here to steal membership or anything else just here to possibly learn something new and meet new friends, as it should be...

Good luck fellas and your right about not making any money in the forum business. If anyone thinks they are gonna make money running a forum these days just have em send me a $1,000 and I can save em alot of pain and suffering.... lol! lol! lol!

Fiddle
Back to top Go down
Mike

PostSubject: Re: Why in the world did we build this?   Why in the world did we build this? EmptyFri May 15, 2009 7:06 pm

You're right Fiddle, that's why we built an Affiliates page to share with other websites. Send me your info and we'll get you right up there if you would like. It's not competition...it's called networking!
Back to top Go down
Tall Tine

Tall Tine

PostSubject: Re: Why in the world did we build this?   Why in the world did we build this? EmptyFri May 15, 2009 7:12 pm

Excellent Mike! What a great read!
Back to top Go down
Jody

Jody

PostSubject: Re: Why in the world did we build this?   Why in the world did we build this? EmptyFri May 15, 2009 7:21 pm

Very nice Mike. Great input by everyone as well.
Back to top Go down
Green Valley Gobbler

PostSubject: Re: Why in the world did we build this?   Why in the world did we build this? EmptySat May 16, 2009 9:50 am

Mike,
An absoultely excellent read!!! Great job! Would love to see this up on the main page...
Back to top Go down
Adam

Adam

PostSubject: Re: Why in the world did we build this?   Why in the world did we build this? EmptySat May 16, 2009 1:44 pm

That was definately in the TOP 5 great reads!!! Seriously that was inspirational. Nice Mike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why in the world did we build this?   Why in the world did we build this? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why in the world did we build this?
Page 1 of 1