Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Southern Indiana

Go down 
+11
NKYBOWHUNTER
dhayse32
ron
LawCoBowhunter
Dave
oregonzach
Joe
TheRomer
Robert
Mark
volway
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
volway

volway

Southern Indiana Empty
PostSubject: Southern Indiana   Southern Indiana EmptyWed May 27, 2009 1:09 am

Hey folks will be going up to Southern Ind first week of Nov to do a little bow hunting. Anyone know anything about Southern Ind?
Southern Indiana 375
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

Southern Indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southern Indiana   Southern Indiana EmptyWed May 27, 2009 6:36 am

Sorry never been there..... What a Face

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

Southern Indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southern Indiana   Southern Indiana EmptyWed May 27, 2009 7:01 am

what part? It's very different in places
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

Southern Indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southern Indiana   Southern Indiana EmptyWed May 27, 2009 9:28 am

I would say have a chat with Mark but looks like he has never been there. so forget that idea.

might also talk with Dave.

Ive never hunted south myself
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

Southern Indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southern Indiana   Southern Indiana EmptyWed May 27, 2009 10:47 am

Depends on what area your going... could range all the way to spikes to even 4 pointers lol!
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

Southern Indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southern Indiana   Southern Indiana EmptyWed May 27, 2009 10:51 am

NO DEER IN INDIANA! STAY AWAY, DON'T BOTHER, IT'S A WASTE! Very Happy Very Happy

Seriously though, there's a few deer around, lots of different environments also, hilly, woods, mining spoils, and of course a few cornfields. Where are you going to be?
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

Southern Indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southern Indiana   Southern Indiana EmptyWed May 27, 2009 7:28 pm

TheRomer wrote:
I would say have a chat with Mark but looks like he has never been there. so forget that idea.

Mike,
Are you talking about this Dave? Never hunted anywhere near the southern part of the state. I'd be up for it though if someone wants to take me! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

Southern Indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southern Indiana   Southern Indiana EmptyWed May 27, 2009 7:40 pm

I've hunting the southern part of the state more than a few times but need to know where the Volways are going
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

Southern Indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southern Indiana   Southern Indiana EmptyWed May 27, 2009 9:30 pm

OK I live there ...you caught me!!!!

what do you want to know?......

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Back to top Go down
TheRomer

Southern Indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southern Indiana   Southern Indiana EmptyWed May 27, 2009 11:19 pm

Dave wrote:
TheRomer wrote:

Mike,
Are you talking about this Dave? Never hunted anywhere near the southern part of the state. I'd be up for it though if someone wants to take me! Very Happy

Yeah i was Dave Sorry buddy for some reason i thought you were down that way
Back to top Go down
volway

volway

Southern Indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southern Indiana   Southern Indiana EmptyThu May 28, 2009 12:50 am

Sorry guys guess I should have mentioned the area huh? Its in Jackson Cty
Southern Indiana 375
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

Southern Indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southern Indiana   Southern Indiana EmptyThu May 28, 2009 7:03 am

I've hunting Jackson and Washington. Both are next to each other. I think Mark has hunted that area too. Good deer for sure. Not overly hilly either
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

Southern Indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southern Indiana   Southern Indiana EmptyThu May 28, 2009 1:58 pm

Lots of public land in Jackson county also. Are you hunting state land or private land? Are you going with anyone who has scouted it or are you flying blind? Lots of deer down there at least. I always like to look at arial pictures on google or yahoo maps to try to find funnels , creeks, saddles and other areas to check out once I actually get there.
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

Southern Indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southern Indiana   Southern Indiana EmptyThu May 28, 2009 3:32 pm

Volway.....Jaskson is a good County

who you hunting with..outfitter?? private or public??

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Back to top Go down
volway

volway

Southern Indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southern Indiana   Southern Indiana EmptyThu May 28, 2009 6:55 pm

A buddy of mine has been in the planning of Running his own outfitters operation for the last 3yrs and he is going to give us first crack at his properties.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

Southern Indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southern Indiana   Southern Indiana EmptyThu May 28, 2009 7:21 pm

volway wrote:
A buddy of mine has been in the planning of Running his own outfitters operation for the last 3yrs and he is going to give us first crack at his properties.

Does he need a WA staff member to come along and do a review on it? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

Southern Indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southern Indiana   Southern Indiana EmptyThu May 28, 2009 9:11 pm

You cant beat that
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

Southern Indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southern Indiana   Southern Indiana EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 10:22 pm

let me know some more info.....I'll go down and check him out.

I love to have good outfitter down the road

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Back to top Go down
LawCoBowhunter

LawCoBowhunter

Southern Indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southern Indiana   Southern Indiana EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 7:24 am

I hunt the western part of Jackson county(near Leesville ,Norman)...It's very hilly out that way...Lots of good oak ridges and saddles plus lots of big bucks...Evey now and then you might run into some wild boar too...
Back to top Go down
ron

Southern Indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southern Indiana   Southern Indiana EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 11:32 am

I LIVE ON THE SOUTHERN BOUNDRY OF MUSSCATATUCK REFUGE. THERE ARE ALOT OF DEER, BUT THE LAND OWNERS USUALLY WONT LET YOU HUNT. ITS HARD TO MAKE FREINDS WITH SOME ONE THAT DOESNT WANT YOU AROUND. IF YOU HAVE A BUDDY IN THE AREA, ID ASK HIM TO HELP GET YOU IN ON HIS SPOTS
Back to top Go down
volway

volway

Southern Indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southern Indiana   Southern Indiana EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 11:59 am

ron wrote:
I LIVE ON THE SOUTHERN BOUNDRY OF MUSSCATATUCK REFUGE. THERE ARE ALOT OF DEER, BUT THE LAND OWNERS USUALLY WONT LET YOU HUNT. ITS HARD TO MAKE FREINDS WITH SOME ONE THAT DOESNT WANT YOU AROUND. IF YOU HAVE A BUDDY IN THE AREA, ID ASK HIM TO HELP GET YOU IN ON HIS SPOTS

Yeah Ron thats what I've heard,We will be hunting farms that he has leased.
Back to top Go down
dhayse32

dhayse32

Southern Indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southern Indiana   Southern Indiana EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 3:21 pm

Born and raised on So. Indiana, we kinda Southern I guess. Not sure about Jackson Co. but there are some great deer in this state. Best of luck!
Back to top Go down
NKYBOWHUNTER

Southern Indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southern Indiana   Southern Indiana EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 9:22 pm

I live just across the Ohio river from Indiana. I have never hunted over there but I hear alot of talk of good deer on that side of the river. Ripley, Switzerland, Ohio Counties!
Back to top Go down
THE BULL

THE BULL

Southern Indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southern Indiana   Southern Indiana EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 10:03 pm

ive heard the women down there are unbelievable... cheers
Back to top Go down
fullrut

Southern Indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southern Indiana   Southern Indiana EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 10:17 pm

Jackson County is a decent county to kill deer in. However if you want to kill BIG deer in Indiana you need to look elsewhere. There is 1 place in Jackson that consistinetly produces good deer and that is Muscatatuck wildlife refuge.
That place was wiped out 2 yrs ago from the effects of EHD. I score a 221" and a 198" from there, they were both found dead in there. If you are looking for a true trophy I would recommend looking elsewhere. JENNINGS COUNTY Twisted Evil is one of the best trophy counties in the state. A few years back a friend of mine killed a 207" in Jennings county Twisted Evil . There are lots of farmers in that county that will let a person hunt. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

edited by Mark..... affraid Gotcha back Chris!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Southern Indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southern Indiana   Southern Indiana Empty

Back to top Go down

Southern Indiana
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next