Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Ultra Rest

Go down 
+5
Joe
Jody
Dave
Robert
volway
9 posters
AuthorMessage
volway

volway

Ultra Rest Empty
PostSubject: Ultra Rest   Ultra Rest EmptyThu May 28, 2009 1:13 am

Ok folks I'm having some major issues with my HD Ultra Rest,It seems like it's kicking up the arrow and the arrow ends up in the target with the tip pointing up?HELP.
Ultra Rest Thumb-180275311
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

Ultra Rest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ultra Rest   Ultra Rest EmptyThu May 28, 2009 7:12 am

I believe those are spring loaded or something similar and it sounds like maybe your rest has stopped getting out of the way fast enough. I'm not a tech and there are plenty more smarter than I about this but that is my first thought on it. If the spring has gone bad then you may not be able to fix it. I'd call QAD and check with them to see what they say
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

Ultra Rest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ultra Rest   Ultra Rest EmptyThu May 28, 2009 8:09 am

Good answer Robert...
Back to top Go down
Jody

Jody

Ultra Rest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ultra Rest   Ultra Rest EmptyThu May 28, 2009 10:09 am

Assuming the arrow spine is proper for the set up, you should paper tune it to see where the tear is. It is possible the rest timing is off. You could spray foot powder or use nail polish I've heard to see if there is contact from the rest to the arrows to be certain. It may be as simple as your nock point needs to be moved up. I would certainly retune if this is the case.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

Ultra Rest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ultra Rest   Ultra Rest EmptyThu May 28, 2009 11:05 am

Jody just gave you some great advice.

I have a question for ya. When you knock an arrow do you cock the rest up so it is in place or leave it be? A lot of guys who have come into the shop with problems with that rest were leaving it be and drawing back to get the rest to come up. With the HD, doing it that way will fry the gears inside the rest. Hope that made sense.
Back to top Go down
Jody

Jody

Ultra Rest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ultra Rest   Ultra Rest EmptyThu May 28, 2009 7:37 pm

Joe wrote:

I have a question for ya. When you knock an arrow do you cock the rest up so it is in place or leave it be? A lot of guys who have come into the shop with problems with that rest were leaving it be and drawing back to get the rest to come up. With the HD, doing it that way will fry the gears inside the rest. Hope that made sense.

Very interesting...I did not realize this may be a problem. Actually that would make me mad. It should be made to work upon drawing, not having to cock it first. Thanks for the info!!
Back to top Go down
Corey

Corey

Ultra Rest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ultra Rest   Ultra Rest EmptyThu May 28, 2009 8:02 pm

Jody wrote:
Joe wrote:

Very interesting...I did not realize this may be a problem. Actually that would make me mad. It should be made to work upon drawing, not having to cock it first. Thanks for the info!!

Cocking the rest before you draw it back is what allows it to be full containment yet still be a drop away. Its a very well designed rest and has performed great for me. I hope you get the kinks worked out quickly Volway.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

Ultra Rest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ultra Rest   Ultra Rest EmptyThu May 28, 2009 8:24 pm

Great point Corey... Being able to cock the rest in the upward containment position is very handy when hunting.
Back to top Go down
Jody

Jody

Ultra Rest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ultra Rest   Ultra Rest EmptyThu May 28, 2009 8:52 pm

Oh I understand that is how it becomes the full containment. Just didn't realize it is the only way to use it. You must cock it first everytime like a gun. I do not like that. While practicing I would not want to cock it first every time. It should also work like a regular rest upon drawing and if not then they should educate their customers of the proper procedure. I had heard good things about these rests.
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

Ultra Rest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ultra Rest   Ultra Rest EmptyThu May 28, 2009 9:22 pm

I've used mine both ways cocking or not cocking.....had it 2 + seasons no issues

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
PAkilla86

PAkilla86

Ultra Rest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ultra Rest   Ultra Rest EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 1:09 pm

Ive seen a couple guys at the shop with the same problem. The QAD HD and LD, which I use and love, are supposed to Lock Down after the shot...well they dont all the time. So what we found to stop this is when you put your rest on slide it back as far as you need in order to get it so when the rest drops IT DOESNT HIT THE SHELF. This has cured all problems and now when we put them on for people thats automaticaly how it goes on. Might try this but im betting this will fix your problems.

Plus gives you about 3 in. extra that you can play with your arrows weight, length, and spine. Which is just an added bonus to an already awesome rest.
Back to top Go down
patrkyhntr37

Ultra Rest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ultra Rest   Ultra Rest EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 1:29 pm

Just to try and help you need to make sure the two lines on the rest line up perfectly when at full draw or it will not shoot right. If you have the dvd that came with the rest use it that is how i finally figured out what was wrong with mine and it helped, the pro shop i had set it up didn't even know that.
Back to top Go down
patrkyhntr37

Ultra Rest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ultra Rest   Ultra Rest EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 1:30 pm

Just to try and help you need to make sure the two lines on the rest line up perfectly when at full draw or it will not shoot right. If you have the dvd that came with the rest use it that is how i finally figured out what was wrong with mine and it helped, the pro shop i had set it up didn't even know that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ultra Rest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ultra Rest   Ultra Rest Empty

Back to top Go down

Ultra Rest
Page 1 of 1