Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Great day for some arrowhead hunting!

Go down 
+8
Dave
dkoutdoors
TheRomer
Corey
Glenn
Robert
Tall Tine
Mike
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Mike

Great day for some arrowhead hunting! Empty
PostSubject: Great day for some arrowhead hunting!   Great day for some arrowhead hunting! EmptySat May 30, 2009 11:32 pm

Other than crossing paths with a big ole' Cottonmouth a couple of times (he didn't like our last meeting) it was a great day to do some walking along a couple of creeks looking for arrowheads. I found quite a few to add to the collection and it was great just to get out from in front of the computer and go for a walk! Even found a baby deer curled up along the edge of a hay field. I set an watched that little booger for 5 minutes but figured I better back out before mama comes on the scene. I had my butt handed to me once before by a mad doe, I'm not interested in round 2!!!
Back to top Go down
Tall Tine

Tall Tine

PostSubject: Re: Great day for some arrowhead hunting!   Great day for some arrowhead hunting! EmptySat May 30, 2009 11:35 pm

Sounds like you had a great day! congrats on the arrowhead finds! Where are the pics? haha
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: Great day for some arrowhead hunting!   Great day for some arrowhead hunting! EmptySat May 30, 2009 11:41 pm

Very cool
Back to top Go down
Glenn

Glenn

PostSubject: Re: Great day for some arrowhead hunting!   Great day for some arrowhead hunting! EmptySat May 30, 2009 11:53 pm

Mike wrote:
I had my butt handed to me once before by a mad doe, I'm not interested in round 2!!!

I remember that day and certainly don't blame you for backing out.

Ole Mike is like a bloodhound when finding arrowheads.
Back to top Go down
Mike

PostSubject: Re: Great day for some arrowhead hunting!   Great day for some arrowhead hunting! EmptySat May 30, 2009 11:54 pm

Tall Tine wrote:
Sounds like you had a great day! congrats on the arrowhead finds! Where are the pics? haha

I'll post them up tomorrow for ya'll to check out.
Back to top Go down
Corey

Corey

PostSubject: Re: Great day for some arrowhead hunting!   Great day for some arrowhead hunting! EmptySun May 31, 2009 12:07 am

Sounds like a great day to me
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Great day for some arrowhead hunting!   Great day for some arrowhead hunting! EmptySun May 31, 2009 1:56 am

That is cool cant wait to see the pics
Back to top Go down
dkoutdoors

dkoutdoors

PostSubject: Re: Great day for some arrowhead hunting!   Great day for some arrowhead hunting! EmptySun May 31, 2009 8:45 am

cant wait to see the pics, sounds like a great day!
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Great day for some arrowhead hunting!   Great day for some arrowhead hunting! EmptySun May 31, 2009 8:53 am

Sounds great boss man Mike! Now lets here the story on the doe that gave you a little trouble...
Back to top Go down
Jody

Jody

PostSubject: Re: Great day for some arrowhead hunting!   Great day for some arrowhead hunting! EmptySun May 31, 2009 9:06 am

What an interesting collection it would be. You should make a case for them all as it would look great in your office. So you whoop up on a cottonmouth but are afraid of a fawn and mom? LOL Just had to say it....I know I will now pay.
Back to top Go down
Mike

PostSubject: Re: Great day for some arrowhead hunting!   Great day for some arrowhead hunting! EmptySun May 31, 2009 9:24 am

Me and Glenn had a little feeder and food plot set up in the middle of a patch of woods and I went down there with a rake to break up the soil. I was almost there when I heard a deer jump and there she was not even 10 yards away. She just stood there with her ears laid back grunting and took a couple of steps toward me. So I knew either this thing had rabies, or I was in between her and her fawn. Next thing you know she came at me like a rodeo bull and knocked me right off my feet. She started kicking at me with her front feet and all I could do was put my arm up to block my face while I tried to scoot back. I did manage to get around a Black Oak tree to get away from her and ended up breaking my rake over her head! My arm was cut up and bruised for a week from her hooves, and she tore the bill right off my hat with one of her kicks.

I looked for her that season to get a little revenge but never crossed paths with her. I do have several pictures of her from a game camera though.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Great day for some arrowhead hunting!   Great day for some arrowhead hunting! EmptySun May 31, 2009 9:31 am

Mike wrote:
Me and Glenn had a little feeder and food plot set up in the middle of a patch of woods and I went down there with a rake to break up the soil. I was almost there when I heard a deer jump and there she was not even 10 yards away. She just stood there with her ears laid back grunting and took a couple of steps toward me. So I knew either this thing had rabies, or I was in between her and her fawn. Next thing you know she came at me like a rodeo bull and knocked me right off my feet. She started kicking at me with her front feet and all I could do was put my arm up to block my face while I tried to scoot back. I did manage to get around a Black Oak tree to get away from her and ended up breaking my rake over her head! My arm was cut up and bruised for a week from her hooves, and she tore the bill right off my hat with one of her kicks.

I looked for her that season to get a little revenge but never crossed paths with her. I do have several pictures of her from a game camera though.

Geeeeeesh... sounds like you are lucky noothing got broken and that pretty boy, made for the camera face of yours was not disfigured tongue Glad you were able to defend yourself and I understand why you are now coutious.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Great day for some arrowhead hunting!   Great day for some arrowhead hunting! EmptySun May 31, 2009 10:21 am

Sounds like a fun day....
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Great day for some arrowhead hunting!   Great day for some arrowhead hunting! EmptySun May 31, 2009 12:10 pm

Wow that had to be a scary feeling, glad you didnt get it any worse
Back to top Go down
PSE32

PSE32

PostSubject: Re: Great day for some arrowhead hunting!   Great day for some arrowhead hunting! EmptySun May 31, 2009 2:19 pm

Haha that is one crazy story Mike! I have been finding some arrowheads myself over by Ritter Springs where my dad is working. It's always cool to find a piece of history like that and know that the last hands that touched it were living like God intended.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Great day for some arrowhead hunting!   Great day for some arrowhead hunting! EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 1:16 am

Mike wrote:
Tall Tine wrote:

I'll post them up tomorrow for ya'll to check out.

Still Waiting Very Happy lol!
Back to top Go down
Brandon

Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Great day for some arrowhead hunting!   Great day for some arrowhead hunting! EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 7:42 am

Glad you made it out Mike sounds like a good ole time!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Great day for some arrowhead hunting!   Great day for some arrowhead hunting! Empty

Back to top Go down

Great day for some arrowhead hunting!
Page 1 of 1