Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

bullets for huntin' whitetails

Go down 
+2
SouthernSportsman
kyhareraiser
6 posters
AuthorMessage
kyhareraiser

kyhareraiser

bullets for huntin' whitetails Empty
PostSubject: bullets for huntin' whitetails   bullets for huntin' whitetails EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 8:35 pm

i reload alot of my practice rounds and some hunting rounds too.my question is : what do you all think is the best grain bullet in the 30 cal for hunting. the 150 gr.......165 gr........or the 180 gr... my father-in-law uses 180 ......brother-in-law uses 150 gr and i use 165 gr.
Back to top Go down
SouthernSportsman

SouthernSportsman

PostSubject: Re: bullets for huntin' whitetails   bullets for huntin' whitetails EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 8:53 pm

Here in the South, we use 150gr. for our long field and cut-over shots with no problems.
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: bullets for huntin' whitetails   bullets for huntin' whitetails EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 9:21 pm

I shoot 150 grain
Back to top Go down
littleslink

littleslink

PostSubject: Re: bullets for huntin' whitetails   bullets for huntin' whitetails EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 9:14 am

I shoot the 150 grain as well.
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

PostSubject: Re: bullets for huntin' whitetails   bullets for huntin' whitetails EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 12:15 pm

I like the 165 because of its better ballistic coefficient, but in the real world I'm sure you won't find much difference between the 165 and the 150. When I lived in Oregon, I liked to just hunt with one load for deer, elk, and black bear, so I liked 180gr partitions. Its nice to sight in one load and not have to switch all season.
Back to top Go down
swampghost

PostSubject: Re: bullets for huntin' whitetails   bullets for huntin' whitetails EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 5:41 pm

Here's an answer you haven't gotten yet.....whichever one is the most accurate in your rifle. They all seem to have preferences. I always used a 165, but a buddy of mine used 180 gr. pointed soft points in his '06. Once, his cousin tried to convince him he needed "premium" ammo because it is more accurate. We were shooting his rifle and you could cover up a 5 shot group at 100 yards with a nickle......and this is a 742 woodsmaster. Told him he just found his best load for the gun then and there.
Back to top Go down
kyhareraiser

kyhareraiser

PostSubject: Re: bullets for huntin' whitetails   bullets for huntin' whitetails EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 11:53 am

the 165"S group real nice in my 308w and i've taken plenty deer with this round but it won't group the 150"s much good ,,but i've found out the the '06' likes tho 150"s and not the 165's.. tryin' to get to where i can buy one bullet for both guns but like you said all guns don't like to be fed the same bullet.. thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bullets for huntin' whitetails   bullets for huntin' whitetails Empty

Back to top Go down

bullets for huntin' whitetails
Page 1 of 1