Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

whats your favorite scents

Go down 
+10
Dave
Joe
Robert
LawCoBowhunter
Early Morning Gobble
MRA
shehuntsva
TheRomer
Camoed Assassin
mathewsguy
14 posters
AuthorMessage
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

whats your favorite scents Empty
PostSubject: whats your favorite scents   whats your favorite scents EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 8:26 am

Hey guys just wondering what your favorite scents are to use during the rut. Im a firm beleiver in scents to draw the bucks in. I was just wondering what different ones everyone uses
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: whats your favorite scents   whats your favorite scents EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 8:40 am

Code Blue standing estourus is the only scent I have ever had work for me. I know its expensive but I dont go into the woods in november without laying down a drag line with it.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: whats your favorite scents   whats your favorite scents EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 9:26 am

I dont use them much, I have tried some of them with no luck
Back to top Go down
shehuntsva

shehuntsva

PostSubject: Re: whats your favorite scents   whats your favorite scents EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 9:35 am

I always seem to end up with Code Blue as well. It's drawn in bucks for me in the past.
Back to top Go down
MRA

MRA

PostSubject: Re: whats your favorite scents   whats your favorite scents EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 9:40 am

I just kind of use whats cheapest from walmart, I have never really believed in scents much, if the deer can smell your scents down wind then your scent is blowing with it, thats just the way I have always thought of it, my word isnt gospel. In kansas I mostly rely on calling. If you hit your horns during the rut your gonna call in several different bucks a day, then i just try to grunt them in.
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: whats your favorite scents   whats your favorite scents EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 9:44 am

Good post MRA i agree with you alot on that. I usually try to put out some doe in heat when I plan on rattling just to give them a little something to think about most of the time I have found that the bucks always try to circle down wind when I rattle them in and its more of a cover scent I think it just helps to pull them that extra little bit to get the shot.
Back to top Go down
MRA

MRA

PostSubject: Re: whats your favorite scents   whats your favorite scents EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 9:51 am

mathewsguy wrote:
Good post MRA i agree with you alot on that. I usually try to put out some doe in heat when I plan on rattling just to give them a little something to think about most of the time I have found that the bucks always try to circle down wind when I rattle them in and its more of a cover scent I think it just helps to pull them that extra little bit to get the shot.

Ya I beleive its more of a cover scent as well. last year I tried the new trophy leafs, They were handy and easy to use, since you could use the same thing over, but they didnt let off much scent. I think i will go with them again, just might buy some urine to spike them up.
Back to top Go down
Early Morning Gobble

Early Morning Gobble

PostSubject: Re: whats your favorite scents   whats your favorite scents EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 2:51 pm

If i do use a scent, it usually is a can of buck bomb (young buck or doe in estrus). I used a can of the young buck scent last year and it worked well for me. Sometimes they can work against you as well. I really do not like to use them to much.
Back to top Go down
LawCoBowhunter

LawCoBowhunter

PostSubject: Re: whats your favorite scents   whats your favorite scents EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 7:50 pm

I have really good luck with kishel's scents(doe passion),I buy that stuff in bulk since I use a lot of it...I also like using Code Blue gel.
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: whats your favorite scents   whats your favorite scents EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 9:23 pm

I used Doc's Doe in heat for the first time last year and had my public land buck walk in on a string with his head dow. He got to within 30 yards and never looked up. I had walked that same trail in with a boot pad on. I've had some luck with others too. I think getting the freshest stuff is a big help as well as stuff that's made with maybe two deer per bottle or something close. Deer just seem to know sometimes. I've also had it completely fail and had a deer walk close and smell the air and then leave. I think they have to be in the mood to check it out
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: whats your favorite scents   whats your favorite scents EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 10:55 pm

In Indiana it is hard top beat Hoosier Trapper Supply. 100 percent natural and 100 percent effective.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: whats your favorite scents   whats your favorite scents EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 9:56 am

I've used a coule different kinds with some success. I almost always put out a little dominant buck urine around where I am set up. Serves to purposes... 1) a cover scent, 2) brings the bucks in to investigate and see who the new guy in their area is.
Back to top Go down
MOOSE

MOOSE

PostSubject: Re: whats your favorite scents   whats your favorite scents EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 12:22 am

Never had much luck with it but I dont have all the years hunting experience that most of y'all have. I used Code Blue and Tinks both last year but no luck.
Back to top Go down
littleslink

littleslink

PostSubject: Re: whats your favorite scents   whats your favorite scents EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 10:33 am

In the early season I like to play around with some curiousity scents. During the rut, either some buck urine, doe in heat, or combination of both depending on hunting location and phase of the rut...
Back to top Go down
dhayse32

dhayse32

PostSubject: Re: whats your favorite scents   whats your favorite scents EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 3:16 pm

Great luck with CodeBlue
Back to top Go down
PSE32

PSE32

PostSubject: Re: whats your favorite scents   whats your favorite scents EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 6:56 pm

I've heard nothing but good things about code blue, especially the standing estrous. I have use Tink's and never really had any luck. A whitetails nose is so much more sensitive then ours, they can pick up well over an hour old trail. I just don't know if scents are the BEST way to draw them in, I agree with MRA and use calls.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: whats your favorite scents   whats your favorite scents Empty

Back to top Go down

whats your favorite scents
Page 1 of 1