Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Slug gun... what you got?

Go down 
+16
E. Johnson
BOWHUNTERCOP
30pointbuck
jasonc
Mark
THE BULL
Camoed Assassin
NKYBOWHUNTER
huntoholic
ron
MOOSE
Grunt and Gobble
Joe
TheRomer
Robert
Dave
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dave

Dave

Slug gun... what you got? Empty
PostSubject: Slug gun... what you got?   Slug gun... what you got? EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 8:18 pm

The bow is my weapon of choice, but the wife hooked me up with an all black synthetic stock Mossberg 500 pump shotgun with the rifled barrel for Christmas last year. I outfitted it with black see-through Luepold scope mounts and an all black Nikon SlugHunter BDC rectile scope. Robert told me the best slugs to shoot through it are Hornady SST's. Looking forward to shooting it. What do you guys have?
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: Slug gun... what you got?   Slug gun... what you got? EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 8:30 pm

Here in a couple of weeks I'll have my birthday present which is a H & R Ultra Slug synthetic thumbhole stock topped with a Nikon scope. Can't wait to get that bad boy. The Hornady SST has been my slug of choice for a while. I have two new ones I would like to try but it's going to be hard to be the SST
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Slug gun... what you got?   Slug gun... what you got? EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 8:41 pm

I shoot a Remington 1100 long barrel toped with a Bushnell High optic scope( not sure of the zoom)

I also use it for turkey
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Slug gun... what you got?   Slug gun... what you got? EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 8:42 pm

Remington 870 Super Mag. I am looking into retiring it to only turkey hunting though.
Back to top Go down
Grunt and Gobble

PostSubject: Re: Slug gun... what you got?   Slug gun... what you got? EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 11:03 pm

I have a few to choose from. 2 Remington 870(20 and 12 gauge) Remington 1100(12 gauge). These 3 are open sights right now but I do sometimes put a scope on the 870 12 gauge. These three are also smooth bore barrels so I just shoot the Remington rifled slug through them. But my baby is my new Remington 1187 Shur-Shot stock in synthetic camo. Topped her off with a Nikon Slughunter and shoot Remington Accu-tip slugs through her. You wanna talk about accurate, SON!!! This thing will shoot now, great gun!!
Back to top Go down
MOOSE

MOOSE

PostSubject: Re: Slug gun... what you got?   Slug gun... what you got? EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 11:21 am

Mossberg 500 with a rifled barrel.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Slug gun... what you got?   Slug gun... what you got? EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 2:33 pm

MOOSE wrote:
Mossberg 500 with a rifled barrel.

That's how we roll, buddy!
Back to top Go down
ron

PostSubject: Re: Slug gun... what you got?   Slug gun... what you got? EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 7:46 am

REMINTON 1100 MAG, HAS A AIMPOINT MOUNT WITH BUSHNELL PRO DIAMPND 4X. SIGHTED IN 2 INCHS HIGH AT 50 YARDS PUTS ME IN EVERY TIME. WOULDNT CHANGE A THING
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: Slug gun... what you got?   Slug gun... what you got? EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 5:38 pm

Here is my hand canon. It's an H & R Ultra Slug heavy barrel with a thumbhole stock. Just got it for my birthday a couple of weeks ago:

Slug gun... what you got? Newgun1
Slug gun... what you got? Newgun2
Slug gun... what you got? Newgun4
Back to top Go down
huntoholic

PostSubject: yea buddy   Slug gun... what you got? EmptyFri May 08, 2009 12:31 pm

Those H&R ultra slug guns are the only way to go. I bought myself one just before last season synthetic with thumbhole just like the one in above pics and threw a nikon bdc slughunter scope on her. I bought the 12 guage but with that barrel the thing kicks like a 22 I absolutely love it
Back to top Go down
NKYBOWHUNTER

PostSubject: Re: Slug gun... what you got?   Slug gun... what you got? EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 12:18 pm

Looking to purchase a slug gun for my son. I'm wanting to pick up a 20g. Would like to hear your opinions on the 20g. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Slug gun... what you got?   Slug gun... what you got? EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 12:30 pm

Nothing wrong with a 20 at all, i used one for years and killed many of deer with it. thats what my son will be useing this year
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Slug gun... what you got?   Slug gun... what you got? EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 4:55 pm

Have a mossberg 500 but I use my T/C Encore 50 cal muzz. It shoots way better than any slug gun I have used. Except maybe a HR ?
Back to top Go down
THE BULL

THE BULL

PostSubject: Re: Slug gun... what you got?   Slug gun... what you got? EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 4:57 pm

mossberg bolt action 12 ga.
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: Slug gun... what you got?   Slug gun... what you got? EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 10:13 pm

Remington 11-87 rifled barrel, Nikon scope

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
jasonc

jasonc

PostSubject: Re: Slug gun... what you got?   Slug gun... what you got? EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 10:14 pm

I have been looking at getting an H&R slug gun, I found a nice one, hope to get it soon!
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Slug gun... what you got?   Slug gun... what you got? EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 11:50 am

Rem. 870 Super Mag.
Back to top Go down
jasonc

jasonc

PostSubject: Re: Slug gun... what you got?   Slug gun... what you got? EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 12:10 am

you cant beat the 870...i love mine!
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Slug gun... what you got?   Slug gun... what you got? EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 9:45 am

Have a wing master also which i use for bird hunting at times.
Back to top Go down
BOWHUNTERCOP

PostSubject: Re: Slug gun... what you got?   Slug gun... what you got? EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 10:38 am

Being from NJ (shotgun/muzzleloader only for deer) I have a few slug guns, all with rifled barrels all but one without the cantilever mount. My two go to shotguns are: Remington 11-87, 12ga/, topped off with a Leupold VX-II 3-9x40 using Lightfield slugs, my other one which is a true tack driver is my H&R Ultra Deluxe 20ga., also with a Leupold VX-II in 3-9x40 using Hornady SST. I'm now looking into the Savage 220F, using the same scope
Back to top Go down
E. Johnson

PostSubject: 870   Slug gun... what you got? EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 6:25 pm

I have an 870 that I put a custom Bagger Barrell on. I topped it with a Leupold 3x9. I tried about every slug shell on the market and the Winchester Partition Gold grouped the best. Some of the groups of the other shells were really bad at 100 yards but I was getting 1.5" at 100 with the Win.
I have a buddy that has an H&R and if I was going to buy that would be gun for me. The thumb hole stock and the heavy barrell is the way to go.
Back to top Go down
BOWHUNTERCOP

PostSubject: Re: Slug gun... what you got?   Slug gun... what you got? EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 7:47 pm

I just purchased the Savage 220F
Back to top Go down
mitch coleman

PostSubject: Re: Slug gun... what you got?   Slug gun... what you got? EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 10:05 pm

Growing up in ohio I have a few that I have accumulated over the years and mostly remingtons but i do have one ithaca 20 ga model 37. The slug gun that I use the most is an remington 1100 20ga with a rifled barrel and a nikon 2-7 scope I had the gun drilled and tapped for the scope and also had the barrel drilled it has screws going through the reciver, mount and throung the back of the barrel so it is locked down permanent I shoot hornady sst sabots out of it. It is a nice little deer killer, I let my little cousin take it this year on opening day and he shot a 140 class 10 pt with it.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Slug gun... what you got?   Slug gun... what you got? EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 10:14 pm

Remington 870 Super Mag.
Back to top Go down
fullrut

PostSubject: Re: Slug gun... what you got?   Slug gun... what you got? EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 11:46 am

H and R ultraslug 12GA. for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slug gun... what you got?   Slug gun... what you got? Empty

Back to top Go down

Slug gun... what you got?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next