Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

better later than never???

Go down 
+2
Dream Catcher
whitetail fanatic
6 posters
AuthorMessage
whitetail fanatic

better later than never??? Empty
PostSubject: better later than never???   better later than never??? EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 9:14 pm

so, im down here in arkansas and a lot of folks i talk to say that they will plant their fall plots on laborday weekend. i think its because the growing season in arkansas runs a little later thanin other parts of the country.
do some of yall think thats too late??
well due to the availability of equipment i may not be able to get mine in untill the second weekend of september. now i know that thats gonna be pushin it, but im thinking that it will be nice and green for mid october and in to the winter. i have a feeder out already and some growth from a half hearted spring plot. deer are in there, but this mixture of winter wheat, oats, winter peas and some clover should bringem in and hold them come late season. thats what im telling myself anywayz.
what are some thoughts of you guys and gals??
any advice or opinions would be great. thanks
Back to top Go down
Dream Catcher

Dream Catcher

PostSubject: Re: better later than never???   better later than never??? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 12:22 am

I am over in Oklahoma and you will never catch me putting in a plot before the first of September. The prime time is between the 1st and 15th of Septemeber. Your plots will be perfect come the second week or so of October, given you get enough rain.

Good Luck

>>------->
Back to top Go down
Corey

Corey

PostSubject: Re: better later than never???   better later than never??? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 12:39 am

Dream Catcher wrote:
I am over in Oklahoma and you will never catch me putting in a plot before the first of September. The prime time is between the 1st and 15th of Septemeber. Your plots will be perfect come the second week or so of October, given you get enough rain.

Good Luck

>>------->

Sounds like you will be good to go WF! Thanks for helping out a fellow Arkansan!
Back to top Go down
whitetail pcs

whitetail pcs

PostSubject: Re: better later than never???   better later than never??? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 1:58 am

Here in Alabama....my dad only rifle hunts.....so, he doesn't plant ANYTHING til the first week of November. That gives it 3 weeeks to start coming up. It comes up FAST and is beautiful in no time. If he plants it early, all the deer demolish it before we can hunt it. lol lol

Laughing
Back to top Go down
littleslink

littleslink

PostSubject: Re: better later than never???   better later than never??? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 10:13 am

As long as you get it in 60 days before the first frost, you are golden...
Back to top Go down
whitetail fanatic

PostSubject: Re: better later than never???   better later than never??? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 9:00 pm

Beautiful!!! thanks for the words of wisdom. as a person that often over thinks stuff, this has helped ease my mind. and they did kill my spring plot. so this will be great. i am absolutely stoked about this season.
Back to top Go down
MRA

MRA

PostSubject: Re: better later than never???   better later than never??? EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 11:02 am

It really depends what seeds you are planting. If your planting something like turnips or brassicas that need to muture to get the bulbs on the bottom then it might be too late. If your planting wheat, oats, clover, chicory, etc. then you have nothing to worry about. I could plant clover and alfalfa her in kansas till october 1st and be fine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: better later than never???   better later than never??? Empty

Back to top Go down

better later than never???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Whitetail Affliction :: Buck Fever :: Deer and Land Management-
Jump to: