Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

My 07 and 08 Turkey

Go down 
+2
Joe
TheRomer
6 posters
AuthorMessage
TheRomer

My 07 and 08 Turkey Empty
PostSubject: My 07 and 08 Turkey   My 07 and 08 Turkey EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 2:46 pm

Ive only been hunting Turkey for 2 years. I wish i would have started earlier, I absolutly love it. so far 2 fo2 for the spring hunt, I havent hunted them in the fall yet. Im to busy chaseing the whitetails then.

O7 Turkey,
Me and BowBo set up on a grassy field just before day light hopeing to see some turkey. just at day break we saw two young bucks in velvet pass thru.
we the started our calling and for about an hour we herd and saw nothing. then i spoted something on the other side of a dip in the field and it was a yote,so Bowbo decides he is going to take it out if he comes close enough and sure enough he spots our decoys and head our way when he got about 40 yards out he spotted us and started to try and slip away but to late BowBo let him have it. down he goes and gets back up and runs away floping around the hole time.

We sit back down and was getting ready to pack it up thinking the turkey hunt was over after shooting the yote. but all of a sudden Bowbo says Turkey and sure enough 2 jakes come out of the woods @ 20 yrds to our left and head straight to the decs. so we decide to pull the 1,2,3 shoot and try and double up.

And here is the resaults.

My 07 and 08 Turkey 100_1896

and this is how i mounted it

My 07 and 08 Turkey DSC03177

08 Turkey
Got in my area i was going to hunt around 3:30 pm was looking around for a place to set up the decs then out of nowhere i hear a gobble about 200 yds or so away from the way i came in but at the bottom of the ridge i was on. so i head back up top of the ridge to close some distance on him went about 100 and he hammers again but closer so i decide to head down the ridge to cut him off, got half way down he gobbles again this time i can see his bright blue head at the bottom of the hill about 75 yds away.there is a dip at the bottom that he goes behind to where i cant see him and he cant see me. so here i am standing right out in the open figure i better hit cover so i see a big fat tree in front of me, and dunk and work my way to the tree when i get there i can see him still at the bottom, still standing figureing id just use the tree for cover i make 3 soft yelps and a puuurrrrr with my slate call baaaammmm another one slammers off a gobble staight to the side of me and the one i was watching hammers after him WOW 2 of them, luckly i didnt get busted by the one one the side of the hill from me. that was all it took on the call they come straight to me the one on the side of the ridge got to me first. 20yd shoot down he goes at 3:55pm

You still cant wipe the grin off my face .this is only my 2nd year of turkey hunting and i called them in all by myself. WHOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO.

Here he is
20Lb
Double Beard
Biggest beard 10 1/4in
Littlest beard 7 1/4in
Spurs 1in

My 07 and 08 Turkey 100_2817

and here is the mount i did on him

My 07 and 08 Turkey IMG_0181
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: My 07 and 08 Turkey   My 07 and 08 Turkey EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 5:14 pm

Mike your gonna have to show me how to add the wings to my mounts this year. I love that look.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: My 07 and 08 Turkey   My 07 and 08 Turkey EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 2:08 am

Joe wrote:
Mike your gonna have to show me how to add the wings to my mounts this year. I love that look.

Will Do my friend Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: My 07 and 08 Turkey   My 07 and 08 Turkey EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 11:26 am

Great birds Mike,

You'll have to show me how you did your mount also
Back to top Go down
bowGal

PostSubject: Re: My 07 and 08 Turkey   My 07 and 08 Turkey EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 11:56 pm

Me Three -
I love that second display
Back to top Go down
Mrs Volway

Mrs Volway

PostSubject: Re: My 07 and 08 Turkey   My 07 and 08 Turkey EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 9:09 am

Nice birds ... love the mounts!
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: My 07 and 08 Turkey   My 07 and 08 Turkey EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 11:26 pm

Great work Mike. Congrats on your success!
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: My 07 and 08 Turkey   My 07 and 08 Turkey EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 11:28 pm

Thanks everyone for the kind words
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My 07 and 08 Turkey   My 07 and 08 Turkey Empty

Back to top Go down

My 07 and 08 Turkey
Page 1 of 1