Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Who is getting ready??

Go down 
+3
Camoed Assassin
The Guide
Joe
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Joe

Joe

Who is getting ready?? Empty
PostSubject: Who is getting ready??   Who is getting ready?? EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 5:32 pm

With it getting deeper and deeper in to winter, who is getting ready to go bust some yotes hide. Besides whitetail and gobblers, my favorite thing to hunt is those mangy yotes. Its a nice change of pace after long months of sitting still in a stand. Yote hunting is super fast paced if your on the right peice of property. Fun to hunt and the more you kill the more it helps out the gobbler and whitetails. So here soon I will be dragging out my heavier camo and hitting the woods to take out a few dogs.

Who else is going out this winter to thin the pack out??
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

PostSubject: Re: Who is getting ready??   Who is getting ready?? EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 5:43 pm

CA and I are going to try this year. We have a bunch around here so we figured we would give in a whirl. The guys who hunt next to us have a trail camera pic of 5 yotes in one pic. I have never done it before so it will be a learning experience but it does sound fun.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Who is getting ready??   Who is getting ready?? EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 5:47 pm

5 yotes in one pic is nuts. Sounds like there is a ton of them out there. On one of the farms I hunt has a lot. I would say almost half my hunts their this season I at least seen one yote. I sent a Striker through one in October and a couple weeks ago when Darius was up hunting with me he sent one home to the cleaners. So there is not lack of numbers....
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Who is getting ready??   Who is getting ready?? EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 5:55 pm

Can't wait to try it out this year like TG said. Should be fun.
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

PostSubject: Re: Who is getting ready??   Who is getting ready?? EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 6:10 pm

Joe wrote:
5 yotes in one pic is nuts. Sounds like there is a ton of them out there. On one of the farms I hunt has a lot. I would say almost half my hunts their this season I at least seen one yote. I sent a Striker through one in October and a couple weeks ago when Darius was up hunting with me he sent one home to the cleaners. So there is not lack of numbers....

Yeah the thing is we just do not see them that much. We can here some just about every night we just don't see them much during the day.
Back to top Go down
JackHammer

JackHammer

PostSubject: Re: Who is getting ready??   Who is getting ready?? EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 9:12 pm

Been only once, would like to do a little this year. QUICK, DUMB QUESTION. Could I use my Muzzy?
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Who is getting ready??   Who is getting ready?? EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 9:59 pm

JackHammer wrote:
Been only once, would like to do a little this year. QUICK, DUMB QUESTION. Could I use my Muzzy?

Lets go together a few times...
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Who is getting ready??   Who is getting ready?? EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 9:10 am

JackHammer wrote:
Could I use my Muzzy?

In Indiana you can use pretty much anything you want to hunt yotes. Bow, shotgun, muzzy, etc
Back to top Go down
JackHammer

JackHammer

PostSubject: Re: Who is getting ready??   Who is getting ready?? EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 5:04 pm

Then Thats what I'll use. You bet Dave we will just have to get some calls. Any suggestions on what call we should purchase?
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Who is getting ready??   Who is getting ready?? EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 6:00 pm

A lot of people really like the Fox Pros. I use a Power Dogg and for the area I hunt it works just fine and dandy, plus save a few dollars. Now if you are wanting a call thats sound carries a really long way then you may not like the Power Dogg. But I mostly hunt woods and fields so I don't need it to carry half the county.

Also, give Darin a holler. He makes some yote calls that sounds fantastic. I used some of his calls a lot last winter and the yotes come running.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Who is getting ready??   Who is getting ready?? EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 6:04 pm

Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Who is getting ready??   Who is getting ready?? EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 10:48 am

Looks like tomorrow is going to be the first yote hunt of the year. Darius will be in town for Christmas and wants to go after them.
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

PostSubject: Re: Who is getting ready??   Who is getting ready?? EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 11:49 am

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Who is getting ready??   Who is getting ready?? EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 12:38 pm

Sure will man. I believe this will be Darius first coyote hunt so if they are moving it will be a blast. Just wish there was more snow on the ground.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Who is getting ready??   Who is getting ready?? EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 9:53 pm

you know ill be after them
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Who is getting ready??   Who is getting ready?? EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 9:54 pm

We saw a yote saturday while hunting in the blizzard. That thing was pretty big. Hope we can go out and smoke a few on video.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Who is getting ready??   Who is getting ready?? EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 10:06 pm

Camoed Assassin wrote:
We saw a yote saturday while hunting in the blizzard. That thing was pretty big. Hope we can go out and smoke a few on video.

Can't wait to see the pics! Good luck...
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Who is getting ready??   Who is getting ready?? EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 10:30 am

Went out but didn't have any luck. There will be one on the ground soon.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Who is getting ready??   Who is getting ready?? EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 3:13 am

Never been varmint hunting, But sure would like to
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who is getting ready??   Who is getting ready?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who is getting ready??
Page 1 of 1