Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Ground hunting

Go down 
+8
Stap3s
volway
OutdoorEaly
Camoed Assassin
Darius
Joe
Dave
30pointbuck
12 posters
AuthorMessage
30pointbuck

Ground hunting Empty
PostSubject: Ground hunting   Ground hunting EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 3:23 pm

Anybody beside's me hunt from the ground,only.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

Ground hunting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ground hunting   Ground hunting EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 3:29 pm

I took my first deer from the ground... But don't really hunt from it at all anymore. I like being up high and being able to see a lot farther.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

Ground hunting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ground hunting   Ground hunting EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 5:17 pm

I have killed some deer from the ground, including this season, but prefer being in a stand.
Back to top Go down
Darius

Darius

Ground hunting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ground hunting   Ground hunting EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 5:47 pm

I have taken several deer from the ground including my very first deer ever. I think it is more intense being eye level with them but a treestand is much more of an advantage in my opinion and I take all I can when chasing that bruiser.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

Ground hunting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ground hunting   Ground hunting EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 5:50 pm

The only reason i will not hunt from a tree stand, about 25 years ago one of my best friends fell out of a tree stand and broke his neck and has been confined to a wheel chair and will be for the rest of his life. He is paralized from the neck down. I know tree stand hunting is safe if you wear the proper restraints, but that just did something to me. And since then, i will not go up in a tree to hunt at all.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

Ground hunting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ground hunting   Ground hunting EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 6:29 pm

30pointbuck wrote:
The only reason i will not hunt from a tree stand, about 25 years ago one of my best friends fell out of a tree stand and broke his neck and has been confined to a wheel chair and will be for the rest of his life. He is paralized from the neck down. I know tree stand hunting is safe if you wear the proper restraints, but that just did something to me. And since then, i will not go up in a tree to hunt at all.

Understandlabe... Sorry to hear that.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

Ground hunting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ground hunting   Ground hunting EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 9:34 pm

We hunt on the ground every once in awhile, mostly late season. Deffinitely fun being right there with them. I shot that buck last weekend from a natural blind TG and I made a few years ago.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

Ground hunting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ground hunting   Ground hunting EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 9:36 pm

Congrat's on the buck CA. TG.
Back to top Go down
OutdoorEaly

OutdoorEaly

Ground hunting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ground hunting   Ground hunting EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 7:45 pm

I began hunting completely from the air and absolutely love seeing a deer come walking from several hundred yards out. However, over the course of the last few years I have become disabled and now hunt solely from the ground. I have found it to be a challenge but also extremely exciting and rewarding. With the right ground blind there actually isnt much work on blending in required.

If you prepare and use quality products then both option offer opportunity for success.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

Ground hunting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ground hunting   Ground hunting EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 7:50 pm

Exactally, Well put.
Back to top Go down
volway

volway

Ground hunting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ground hunting   Ground hunting EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 8:04 pm

Not me.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

Ground hunting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ground hunting   Ground hunting EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 11:45 pm

Looks like we are going to be doing alot more blind hunting this upcoming season. We had to find a few more places to hunt and the few we are going to hunt blinds would work best.
Back to top Go down
Stap3s

Stap3s

Ground hunting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ground hunting   Ground hunting EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 8:05 pm

rarely have i had any success on the ground with whitetail in PA..but i have taken a few does with the bow out of the blind. i mostly hunt of the blind in WV being most of the property we hunt is fields.
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

Ground hunting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ground hunting   Ground hunting EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 9:25 am

I'll gun hunt from the ground, but the only time I tried bowhunting from the ground I got busted by two different bucks that didn't like my popup blind. I'm still mad about that, if I would have been in a tree one of them would be on my wall Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

Ground hunting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ground hunting   Ground hunting EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 10:13 am

I'm in a tree pretty much 100% of the time when bowhunting whitetails alone. When I bring one of the kids with me it's on the ground. With a rifle it's what ever gives me the best advantage for the location. The best ground bowhunting I've ever done is chasing rutting bulls, ain't nothing like it.
Back to top Go down
Blazin

Blazin

Ground hunting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ground hunting   Ground hunting EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 12:39 pm

In a tree most of the time, but I've made my share of kills from the ground also. Them wicked weather windy days you can really put the sneak on Cool
Back to top Go down
Niño

Ground hunting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ground hunting   Ground hunting EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 9:53 pm

I am sorry to hear about your friend, it does make you really think about safety when in the tree, at work, on the road and in our daily lives. I mostly hunt from the tree. Let's all be realy safe out there.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

Ground hunting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ground hunting   Ground hunting EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 9:59 pm

Niño wrote:
I am sorry to hear about your friend, it does make you really think about safety when in the tree, at work, on the road and in our daily lives. I mostly hunt from the tree. Let's all be realy safe out there.

Thank's man well said let's all be safe
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

Ground hunting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ground hunting   Ground hunting EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 8:05 am

Blazin wrote:
In a tree most of the time, but I've made my share of kills from the ground also. Them wicked weather windy days you can really put the sneak on Cool

I hear you about them windy days. That's a great time to get out with your nose in the wind and cover some ground. A lot of times I find myself always hunting in a tree and not getting enough scouting time in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ground hunting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ground hunting   Ground hunting Empty

Back to top Go down

Ground hunting
Page 1 of 1