Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

More News

Go down 
+5
TheRomer
Dave
mathewsguy
Joe
volway
9 posters
AuthorMessage
volway

volway

More News Empty
PostSubject: More News   More News EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 9:58 am

Well as you all know i'm still recovering from my neck and shoulder surgery.Well this past Sat mrs volway took a spill on the snow and ice and has broken her wrist.Waiting on a call from the Dr now to see if she has to have surgery.We have 1 good set of hands between both of us now.If anyone needs some comic relief just come to our house and watch us try to make supper. lol! I have to say it's pretty funny.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

More News Empty
PostSubject: Re: More News   More News EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 10:23 am

Man I sure hope she is ok. Sounds like the volway family is taking a beating haha. Hope every thing turns out for the best and all the suppers are made with out any problems. lol
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

More News Empty
PostSubject: Re: More News   More News EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 10:36 am

Oh wow man I can come down and put padding on all your walls and floors for you guys. Sounds like you guys are having a tuff couple months. I hope everyone heals up good and fast
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

More News Empty
PostSubject: Re: More News   More News EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 10:45 am

Sorry to hear that... Wishing you both a speed recovery! At least you could aways dial the phone with one hand for delivery. Hang in there!
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

More News Empty
PostSubject: Re: More News   More News EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 6:02 pm

Man that sucks, sorry to here hope you both get better soon.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

More News Empty
PostSubject: Re: More News   More News EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 7:13 pm

Man you guys are all gimped up now. Hope you all heal up before thunder chicken season
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

More News Empty
PostSubject: Re: More News   More News EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 8:39 pm

Man that sucks. I would like to see how you guys do make dinner. Hope you all get better soon.
Back to top Go down
volway

volway

More News Empty
PostSubject: Re: More News   More News EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 10:02 pm

Camoed Assassin wrote:
Man you guys are all gimped up now. Hope you all heal up before thunder chicken season
Yeah guess we want be slinging any arrows at them.Looks like 1 of us will hold the gun why the other 1 pulls the trigger.LOL
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

More News Empty
PostSubject: Re: More News   More News EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 10:04 pm

volway wrote:
Camoed Assassin wrote:
Yeah guess we want be slinging any arrows at them.Looks like 1 of us will hold the gun why the other 1 pulls the trigger.LOL

Too funny! lol! You will probably bump heads when you both try to look down the barrel at the sametime.
Back to top Go down
volway

volway

More News Empty
PostSubject: Re: More News   More News EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 10:05 pm

Well we just got home not long ago,mrs volway had to have a plate and enough screws to build a tree stand with put in her arm.She's doing pretty good right now.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

More News Empty
PostSubject: Re: More News   More News EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 10:07 pm

Hope that went well... Tell her that we are plate buddies... I've had a plate and screws in my arm as well since college.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

More News Empty
PostSubject: Re: More News   More News EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 10:09 pm

WOW I hope she's doing well.
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

More News Empty
PostSubject: Re: More News   More News EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 4:34 pm

Hope she gets better soon that stinks.
Back to top Go down
Mrs Volway

Mrs Volway

More News Empty
PostSubject: Re: More News   More News EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 10:51 am

Hey guys ....thanks for the well wishes.

It has been pretty funny at our house. when we've gone out in public, we get really strange looks and lots of questions, one being .... were ya'll in a wreck. the look on the er doctors face was priceless when steve walked in ... his arm in a sling and mine in a cast.

the wrist is very sore and honestly, hurts when i try to do much with it. but i'm going back to work Monday (feb 15) will do as much as possible. what is bad is that till last night i typed just like volway .... pointer fingers. took me forever.

i'm disappointed that i probably won't be bow ready for turkey season. i might even have to change my release, since i now use a little bitty goose wrist release. can't even imagine having that pull on my wrist. but i know it'll get better.

anyways, thanks again for the well wishes..... continue to pray for us, we need it!
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

More News Empty
PostSubject: Re: More News   More News EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 11:23 am

You got it... Thanks for checking in Mrs. V!
Back to top Go down
Mrs Volway

Mrs Volway

More News Empty
PostSubject: Re: More News   More News EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 10:20 am

Update:

I did go back to work Feb 15 (we'll techincally worked at home since the snow and ice kept me off the roads). But after being there a week, but boss is really surprised at how well I came back... full force, full days, not missing a beat.

I've been good about doing my excerises and when I went to therapy Thursday, the therpaist was amazed at the movement I had. Of course, I got the don't do too much speech, but I've gained movement between 10 degrees and even 30 degrees some ways in moving my wrist. I use a lot of common sense I told her, if it hurts, I don't do it! She just kept reminding me I was just 17 days from surgery.

I go back to the dr Tuesday morning. Hopeully he'll give me a approx date of when I can start pulling my bow back. I know it'll be at least 3 1/2 weeks since breaks tend to take about 6 weeks to heal completely. And maybe he'll release me to do some strength training since I know this arm is now weaker from the lack of use, but I think since it's my right arm, it won't take much to get it back.

Thanks for the prayers!
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

More News Empty
PostSubject: Re: More News   More News EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 2:13 pm

Great news, keep on working and you'll be 100% for turkey season. Hows the Old Man holdin up?
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

More News Empty
PostSubject: Re: More News   More News EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 2:16 pm

Good deal. Glad to hear everything is going good. Keep up the good work and you guys will be ready for turkey season.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

More News Empty
PostSubject: Re: More News   More News EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 2:17 pm

That's great new's Keep up the work with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

More News Empty
PostSubject: Re: More News   More News Empty

Back to top Go down

More News
Page 1 of 1