Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Heading out tomorrow!

Go down 
+4
TheRomer
mathewsguy
30pointbuck
Dave
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dave

Dave

Heading out tomorrow! Empty
PostSubject: Heading out tomorrow!   Heading out tomorrow! EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 10:01 pm

Will be going out tomorrow by a new place that I have never set foot on, but I always see the deer hearded up at on my drive to work. Finally got permission from the land owner to go check for sheds. Hopefully in the future he will give me permission to hunt it one day!
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Heading out tomorrow!   Heading out tomorrow! EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 10:04 pm

Good Luck Dave.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Heading out tomorrow!   Heading out tomorrow! EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 10:18 pm

30pointbuck wrote:
Good Luck Dave.

Thanks... Hopefully the weather cooperates. This place is loaded, seen as many as 40 deer within about a 3-4 acre area some mornings...
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Heading out tomorrow!   Heading out tomorrow! EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 10:19 pm

I'll bet it's loaded with sheds.
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: Heading out tomorrow!   Heading out tomorrow! EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 10:25 pm

Good luck buddy I hope you find some
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Heading out tomorrow!   Heading out tomorrow! EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 10:29 pm

Good luck Dave, went out the other day just to look for deer and saw 69.

and 90% of the bucks still had both sides on so im going to give it a couple more weeks before i head out and look
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Heading out tomorrow!   Heading out tomorrow! EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 10:32 pm

Sheesh, I was thinking 90% of them would have dropped by now. Probably will still go and then go again in another week or two. Just want to hopefully find a few before the critters do.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Heading out tomorrow!   Heading out tomorrow! EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 10:49 pm

Dave wrote:
Sheesh, I was thinking 90% of them would have dropped by now. Probably will still go and then go again in another week or two. Just want to hopefully find a few before the critters do.

Yeah me too, was suprised to see that many with both sides on and of course there was a 150 class on our property. where was he all season? Sad
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: Heading out tomorrow!   Heading out tomorrow! EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 10:51 pm

TheRomer wrote:
Dave wrote:

Yeah me too, was suprised to see that many with both sides on and of course there was a 150 class on our property. where was he all season? Sad
He was under the brush pile lol!
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Heading out tomorrow!   Heading out tomorrow! EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 10:53 pm

mathewsguy wrote:
TheRomer wrote:
Dave wrote:

He was under the brush pile lol!

lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Heading out tomorrow!   Heading out tomorrow! EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 10:58 pm

That brush pile comment was pretty good 30point!
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Heading out tomorrow!   Heading out tomorrow! EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 11:00 pm

Wasn't me brother, but it was pretty good.
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: Heading out tomorrow!   Heading out tomorrow! EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 12:57 pm

Make sure you let us know how you make out buddy
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Heading out tomorrow!   Heading out tomorrow! EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 1:26 pm

Went out this morning... The woods was crazy. The most buck sign I have ever seen. Rubs everywhere. Trails through the woods that looked like someone had driven a brushhog through, but they were just beat down from the deer travel routes.

I saw about 30-40 in a heard and one of them was a big 8... so some are still carrying. Will have to get back out there in a couple weeks and have another look. Overall, it was nice to be back in the woods even though I did not find any sheds.
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: Heading out tomorrow!   Heading out tomorrow! EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 1:37 pm

Sounds like a good time in the woods. If nothing else a good scouting trip
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

PostSubject: Re: Heading out tomorrow!   Heading out tomorrow! EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 2:08 pm

Sounds like fun! Watching the snow come down makes me wish I could be in the woods right now! Hope you get to spend some more time on this land!
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Heading out tomorrow!   Heading out tomorrow! EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 3:06 pm

With all the snow falling and what's on the ground, i was going out this weekend myself but it dose'nt look like im going too now. GOOD LUCK, to those that can.
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

PostSubject: Re: Heading out tomorrow!   Heading out tomorrow! EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 4:52 pm

Yeah I wish we could make it out this weekend but not with 20-30 inches of snow that they are calling for tonight and tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Heading out tomorrow!   Heading out tomorrow! EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 4:57 pm

We are getting snow here now. Started this morning and the ground was clear, now there is about 4" on the
ground, and still comming down.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Heading out tomorrow!   Heading out tomorrow! EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 7:10 pm

It would have to be a monster for us to find anything in the 2 plus feet of snow we are going to get.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Heading out tomorrow!   Heading out tomorrow! EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 7:21 pm

Another 6" forcasted for sunday.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Heading out tomorrow!   Heading out tomorrow! EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 8:09 pm

I didn't let the weather keep me in the house...went out and found some sheds.
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: Heading out tomorrow!   Heading out tomorrow! EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 8:14 pm

we want some pics Joe lets see what you found man
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Heading out tomorrow!   Heading out tomorrow! EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 8:26 pm

they are posted
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Heading out tomorrow!   Heading out tomorrow! EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 11:54 am

Going out this afternoon before the snow come's again. Hopefully can find one or 2. Saw a buck this morn, at my backyard deer feeder and he still had both sides.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heading out tomorrow!   Heading out tomorrow! Empty

Back to top Go down

Heading out tomorrow!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next