Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Anybody use

Go down 
+7
The Guide
Dave
30pointbuck
Camoed Assassin
LawCoBowhunter
Robert
mathewsguy
11 posters
AuthorMessage
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

Anybody use Empty
PostSubject: Anybody use   Anybody use EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 3:20 pm

Do any off you guys use those deer carts I have seen they fold up with the big wheels on them. I just wonder if its not more work going and getting and hauling that thing into the woods. I have never used one but I have never needed one with all the buddys I have around to help.
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

Anybody use Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody use   Anybody use EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 3:45 pm

I think it pays to get a nice one that will last. They can be a bit of work but if you're an old man like me it's worth it. I've used mine a few times to carry in my gear too. It doesn't hurt to carry in your gear on it and then stash it somewhere. If you need it for a deer then it's close by and if not then you put your gear back on it and save your back. I really do enjoy mine a lot. If you don't have an ATV then this is a great investment
Back to top Go down
LawCoBowhunter

LawCoBowhunter

Anybody use Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody use   Anybody use EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 4:14 pm

Yeah they are worth every penny if you get a good one.I have an old warren and sweet that I got about 10 years ago or so.They're nice if you're on pretty level ground,but can be a chore if your going up hill.I'm hoping to have a new Grizzly 700 soon and I may retire the cart.
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

Anybody use Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody use   Anybody use EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 5:06 pm

Thats a great point Robert using it to take your gear in. Would be nice to carry your jacket pack and all that stuff on one to keep you from getting all hot.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

Anybody use Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody use   Anybody use EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 8:37 pm

Never used them but everyone I know that has loves them and they don't go without one.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

Anybody use Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody use   Anybody use EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 9:25 pm

I have used them before and didn't like it. I wanted to constsntly tip over every little mound or rock. And was horriable in crp. grass.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

Anybody use Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody use   Anybody use EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 11:46 pm

Robert got a really nice one last year. Could have definatley used one last year when I shot my buck at big oaks. You can also use them to haul a couple stands/sticks/etc in for setting them up.
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

Anybody use Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody use   Anybody use EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 8:53 am

Camoed Assassin wrote:
Never used them but everyone I know that has loves them and they don't go without one.

X2
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

Anybody use Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody use   Anybody use EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 1:18 pm

Im sure there are pros and cons to them. I think in the long run they would come in real handy if you did not have a 4 wheeler to haul your stuff for you. Would be nice for hanging stands and stuff also I would think.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

Anybody use Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody use   Anybody use EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 1:23 pm

There awesome if you have good terrain but that would be in a perfect world. The one i had did not want to stay upright at all. Seemed top heavy.
Back to top Go down
Niño

Anybody use Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody use   Anybody use EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 5:16 pm

I have had one for a few years that I got from Bass Pro and love it. The only thing I added was a couple of bungees to strap the deer on and away I go. I hunt in alot of woods and have not had any problem pulling it over small logs. I have not had it in tall grass, but I do now it is hard to pull in 6" of snow. That is where a old sled comes in handy. The only thing I suggest is not to get one with wire spokes, sticks could bend them easy, mine has large plastic ones and some limbs have stopped me befor. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

Anybody use Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody use   Anybody use EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 5:42 pm

I don't know anyone round here that uses one, most folks use a quad. In MT I cut a deer in half to drag it out. Sometimes you just do what you have to.
Back to top Go down
buckbuster217

Anybody use Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody use   Anybody use EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 4:50 pm

I have one in the garage collecting dust! it worked ok on level flat ground such as a field, but in the woods it kept wanting to flip over and was a pain trying to get over logs and such
Back to top Go down
Justintohunting

Justintohunting

Anybody use Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody use   Anybody use EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 9:44 pm

no but i want one lol
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

Anybody use Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody use   Anybody use EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 9:13 am

I have one now and love it. I've even used it to take my gear into the woods with me. If I'm going with a decoy or blind it can really help
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Anybody use Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody use   Anybody use Empty

Back to top Go down

Anybody use
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Whitetail Affliction :: The Gear Shack :: Other Equipment-
Jump to: