Photobucket

Worst thing you ever dropped?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dave

Dave

Worst thing you ever dropped? Empty
PostSubject: Worst thing you ever dropped?   Worst thing you ever dropped? EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 11:32 pm

Whats the worst thing you ever dropped while up in a treestand? Your bow? A camcorder? Your release and then had a buck come running it? Lets hear it...

Last edited by Dave on Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: Worst thing you ever dropped?   Worst thing you ever dropped? EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 11:35 pm

I have actually dropped my bow out of the tree. When your up in the air 20 feet that is not a good thing at all.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Worst thing you ever dropped?   Worst thing you ever dropped? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 12:05 am

It would either be an quiver full of arrows. I was hunting public land and I was running pretty late. I was using my climber and I got up to where I wanted to be and started to pull up my bow. I hooked it up upside down and when I did it I knew better but I was rushing and didn't change it before climbing the tree. About 2/3 of the way up the arrows got hung up in some limbs and in frustration I forced it through and all but 1 arrow fell out. Being in a climber and it getting late I didn't go retrieve them. About 45 minutes later a nice doe came in and stopped at 20 yards. Well I blew the shot, the bottom cam hit the stand throwing my arrow off course enough to shoot well below her. She ran in a small circle and ended up right back where she was standing when I shot. No more arrows! Other than that I haven't dropped much out of the stand other than gloves, handwarmers and maybe some snacks.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Worst thing you ever dropped?   Worst thing you ever dropped? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 12:09 am

Thats too bad CA... Enjoyd the story though. I know what you mean about not wanting to climb back down. Been there myself.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Worst thing you ever dropped?   Worst thing you ever dropped? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 12:18 am

Nother that has messed up a hunt(nock on wood) but have dropped a few small things like a hat ,gloves,calls ect.
Back to top Go down
volway

volway

PostSubject: Re: Worst thing you ever dropped?   Worst thing you ever dropped? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 1:06 am

The ole bow! I was soo mad I just packed up and left didn't want to take a chance of having a good deer come in and blowing the shot cause my bow was messed up. Good thing cause when I got back and drew the bow WHACK string snapped, not afun feeling. I hit myself in the nose soo hard I thought Mike Tyson hit me.
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Worst thing you ever dropped?   Worst thing you ever dropped? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 9:20 am

the most costly was a camcorder. I actually dropped it twice, the first time I wasn't very high (15-20') and it had a somewhat soft landing going down a hemlock tree. The second time was right after I shot my best buck to date at the time. Needless to say I was excited, packed up all my gear and when I went to lower it the pack with the cam wasn't looped on the string. Never worked since. Besides that my release and arrows.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Worst thing you ever dropped?   Worst thing you ever dropped? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 9:23 am

wacker wrote:
the most costly was a camcorder. I actually dropped it twice, the first time I wasn't very high (15-20') and it had a somewhat soft landing going down a hemlock tree. The second time was right after I shot my best buck to date at the time. Needless to say I was excited, packed up all my gear and when I went to lower it the pack with the cam wasn't looped on the string. Never worked since. Besides that my release and arrows.

Could you at least get the footage off of it of you shooting the buck?
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Worst thing you ever dropped?   Worst thing you ever dropped? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 9:51 am

I didn't have one of them camera arms. When the bucks started coming into the plot I set the cam down. Wish I had got footage as there were 4 bucks already feeding at the time and he walked in like he was king and posed for the shot.
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

PostSubject: Re: Worst thing you ever dropped?   Worst thing you ever dropped? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 10:11 am

Lets see, I dropped myself from 21 feet up, that was probably the worst.
Back to top Go down
Blazin

Blazin

PostSubject: Re: Worst thing you ever dropped?   Worst thing you ever dropped? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 2:20 pm

I have a habit of not droppin stuff out of the stand thank god, but a few years ago I did drop 2 out of only 4 270 rounds I had for a quick morning hunt and kept tellin myself the whole sit don't miss the first shot. LOL!
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

PostSubject: Re: Worst thing you ever dropped?   Worst thing you ever dropped? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 3:22 pm

oregonzach wrote:
Lets see, I dropped myself from 21 feet up, that was probably the worst.

OOOOUCH!! The only thing I have ever droped was my pack and broke my binos that was it. Hope that it stays that way.
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: Worst thing you ever dropped?   Worst thing you ever dropped? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 6:18 pm

I dropped an oregonzach once, sucked. But in hunting I'd say my arrows, flashlight and release. I dropped part of my camera arm once which ended filming that night
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Worst thing you ever dropped?   Worst thing you ever dropped? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 6:40 pm

I have never dropped anything. I don't hunt in the air.
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

PostSubject: Re: Worst thing you ever dropped?   Worst thing you ever dropped? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 7:45 pm

30pointbuck wrote:

Haha thats funny. Got to love hunting off the ground. We are going to do more this year!!
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Worst thing you ever dropped?   Worst thing you ever dropped? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 7:47 pm

It's safer that way. lol
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: Worst thing you ever dropped?   Worst thing you ever dropped? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 9:18 pm

30pointbuck wrote:

I don't mind hunting from the ground. Can be really fun and challanging but man do I love being 25 feet up a tree
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Worst thing you ever dropped?   Worst thing you ever dropped? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 10:17 pm

I guess the worst thing I ever dropped was my Rangefinder. Happened this past year. Had the strap over my neck and over my headcover. Just before I was ready to start to climb down I pulled my headcover off and heard a crash. When I pulled the headcover off the strap came with it and bye bye rangefinder. Luckily, it survived the fall and has no ill effects...
Back to top Go down
Huntjunkie2010

Huntjunkie2010

PostSubject: Re: Worst thing you ever dropped?   Worst thing you ever dropped? EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 1:11 am

Dropped a good flashlight at the begining of the season and could not find the damn thing and one day, I put a buddy of mine up in this stand and he smacks a buck and calls me to let me know, when I get there to help him out at 5oclock pm I walk in and he says is this light yours and I smile and say where the hell you find it? It was 16 feet away from the tree!!! Still worked What a Face
Back to top Go down
Snivs

Snivs

PostSubject: Re: Worst thing you ever dropped?   Worst thing you ever dropped? EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 3:04 am

The worst thing I have ever dropped was myself as the treestand slide back down the tree about 18ft. It had rained the night before and the trees were wet. It was one of those calm mornings where all you hear is the rain dripping off the leaves and your thinking to yourself this is going to be a good morning. At the time I had a loggy. I got up to the level I needed to be and began setting the stand. Took the hand climber and placed it out of my way. After raising the seat into place I went to throw the rope around the tree and as I did my weight shifted and down we came. I just hugged the tree and road it out. The stand got hung up about 5ft above the ground. You guessed it the hand climber was still up in the tree. I bear hugged the tree and by the time I got set up I was drenched with water from the tree and sweat from working my butt off getting back up the tree. Ended up not seeing anything but my buddy I went with smoked a doe. Still had a great time and it could have easily turned out different.
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Worst thing you ever dropped?   Worst thing you ever dropped? EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 8:12 am

That's funny you say that. I've slid down a wet trees with a loggy also. Got this area with a lot of smooth hickory I just can't stay out of. It's been on the way up and never quite as far as you did though.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Worst thing you ever dropped?   Worst thing you ever dropped? EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 9:46 pm

Snivs wrote:
The worst thing I have ever dropped was myself as the treestand slide back down the tree about 18ft. It had rained the night before and the trees were wet. It was one of those calm mornings where all you hear is the rain dripping off the leaves and your thinking to yourself this is going to be a good morning. At the time I had a loggy. I got up to the level I needed to be and began setting the stand. Took the hand climber and placed it out of my way. After raising the seat into place I went to throw the rope around the tree and as I did my weight shifted and down we came. I just hugged the tree and road it out. The stand got hung up about 5ft above the ground. You guessed it the hand climber was still up in the tree. I bear hugged the tree and by the time I got set up I was drenched with water from the tree and sweat from working my butt off getting back up the tree. Ended up not seeing anything but my buddy I went with smoked a doe. Still had a great time and it could have easily turned out different.

Glad it worked out... I probably would have had to go home to change my pants...
Back to top Go down
Stap3s

Stap3s

PostSubject: Re: Worst thing you ever dropped?   Worst thing you ever dropped? EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 6:02 pm

haven't dropped much of anything, but i did drop my range finder once...luckily it still works
Back to top Go down
buckbuster217

PostSubject: Re: Worst thing you ever dropped?   Worst thing you ever dropped? EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 4:24 pm

I have just dropped the normal stuff, release, arrows, cell phone, etc..., haven't ever dropped my bow, knock on wood
Back to top Go down
Justintohunting

Justintohunting

PostSubject: Re: Worst thing you ever dropped?   Worst thing you ever dropped? EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 6:15 pm

ihavent dropped anything from my treestand yet but have dropped my hang-on from 20 ft trying to hang a stand... it was about 2 ft from my bow when it landed.. it was close..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst thing you ever dropped?   Worst thing you ever dropped? Empty

Back to top Go down

Worst thing you ever dropped?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Whitetail Affliction :: The Gear Shack :: Treestands - Sponsored by Summit Stands-
Jump to: