Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

First Timer with Trail Cam

Go down 
+5
dkoutdoors
MRA
TheRomer
Joe
Dave
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dave

Dave

First Timer with Trail Cam Empty
PostSubject: First Timer with Trail Cam   First Timer with Trail Cam EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 8:11 am

No deer photos yet, but hoping to have some good ones. Anyways, I set up my first trail cam yesterday... we will see how things go. I am pretty excited about it. I'll keep you updated. How long do you think I should wait before I go back to get the first pics off it?
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: First Timer with Trail Cam   First Timer with Trail Cam EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 10:30 am

Forgot to say thanks to my good buddy JackHammer for helping me with the set up of it and helping to prepare the mineral site. It's good to have hunting buddies who enjoy the outdoors as much as I do. Thanks Jack!
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: First Timer with Trail Cam   First Timer with Trail Cam EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 11:03 am

Hoe ya get some good pics from it Dave.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: First Timer with Trail Cam   First Timer with Trail Cam EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 8:09 pm

Cool, cant wait to start seeing pics from it.

most ppl wait a couple weeks but i cant wait that long LOL i go about a week and then i have to go check it
Back to top Go down
MRA

MRA

PostSubject: Re: First Timer with Trail Cam   First Timer with Trail Cam EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 9:11 pm

TheRomer wrote:
Cool, cant wait to start seeing pics from it.

most ppl wait a couple weeks but i cant wait that long LOL i go about a week and then i have to go check it

I agree with mike, should really wait a couple weeks, but i cant. I ussually put mine out on sundays and while im working during the week i dont think about it as much, but when saturday comes around when im not working i ussually go check them, lol. good luck dave.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: First Timer with Trail Cam   First Timer with Trail Cam EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 9:33 pm

Thanks for the encouragement Joe, and thanks for the advice Mike and Jeremy... I am like you guys. It will be a strugle to not go check it this weekend. I think I can make it a week though if it is best for the set-up.
Back to top Go down
MRA

MRA

PostSubject: Re: First Timer with Trail Cam   First Timer with Trail Cam EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 8:58 am

I wouldnt worry about waiting a whole week yet, since deer season is quit a ways away yet. The reason i try to wait the longest is to keep my scent out of the woods so nothing gets spooked. If you get and bucks with horns on yet let me know.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: First Timer with Trail Cam   First Timer with Trail Cam EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 11:53 am

MRA wrote:
I wouldnt worry about waiting a whole week yet, since deer season is quit a ways away yet. The reason i try to wait the longest is to keep my scent out of the woods so nothing gets spooked. If you get and bucks with horns on yet let me know.

Will do buddy, will do!
Back to top Go down
dkoutdoors

dkoutdoors

PostSubject: Re: First Timer with Trail Cam   First Timer with Trail Cam EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 12:54 pm

The does are hitting the minerals quite heavily, this is the time of year they need all the nutrients they can get for there fawns an milk an the bucks will be hitting it hard now that there antlers are growing back this is the best time to have it out, Good luck Dave, if you have any questions you have my number
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: First Timer with Trail Cam   First Timer with Trail Cam EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 1:27 pm

Thanks for all your advice Dennis. Word around these parts is that you are the mineral site guru...
Back to top Go down
dkoutdoors

dkoutdoors

PostSubject: Re: First Timer with Trail Cam   First Timer with Trail Cam EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 2:42 pm

I have learned a few trick rendeer
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: First Timer with Trail Cam   First Timer with Trail Cam EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 2:55 pm

Just go check it Very Happy i cant wait any longer to see what you get First Timer with Trail Cam BangHead
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: First Timer with Trail Cam   First Timer with Trail Cam EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 3:03 pm

TheRomer wrote:
Just go check it Very Happy i cant wait any longer to see what you get First Timer with Trail Cam BangHead

You should put a helmet on if you're really doing that Mike...
Back to top Go down
dkoutdoors

dkoutdoors

PostSubject: Re: First Timer with Trail Cam   First Timer with Trail Cam EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 9:18 pm

checked mine Wednesday had 312 pics an I pulled the card an put a new one in an today it had 110 pics in two days
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: First Timer with Trail Cam   First Timer with Trail Cam EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 10:04 pm

You're never gonna believe this... after all that anticipation... I screwed something up! What a big dissapointment. The mineral site was tore up, but for some reason there were no pics on the camera.... GRRRRRRRRR!
Oh, well... I got it straighted out and I am sure the next time I visit it there will be plenty of pics!
Back to top Go down
swampghost

PostSubject: Re: First Timer with Trail Cam   First Timer with Trail Cam EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 10:25 pm

Dave...If you go back and no pics...trigger the camera yourself to ensure it works. I have to do that sometimes with one of mine. It has to be re-formatted and will work fine. You can always delete or ignore that 1 picture.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: First Timer with Trail Cam   First Timer with Trail Cam EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 11:18 pm

You Mean to tell me i have been banging my head on that wall for nothing? affraid

It Happens, I still do that sometimes myself, cant wait to see what you get
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: First Timer with Trail Cam   First Timer with Trail Cam EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 9:41 pm

swampghost wrote:
Dave...If you go back and no pics...trigger the camera yourself to ensure it works. I have to do that sometimes with one of mine. It has to be re-formatted and will work fine. You can always delete or ignore that 1 picture.

Yeah, I walked through the area like three times to make sure it was working... Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: First Timer with Trail Cam   First Timer with Trail Cam EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 9:43 pm

TheRomer wrote:
You Mean to tell me i have been banging my head on that wall for nothing? affraid

It Happens, I still do that sometimes myself, cant wait to see what you get

Sorry Mike! I have been banging mine as well, it it makes you feel any better...
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: First Timer with Trail Cam   First Timer with Trail Cam EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 10:31 pm

I went and checked mine today and some how something turned my cam upside down LOL figured it was a coon
Back to top Go down
JackHammer

JackHammer

PostSubject: Re: First Timer with Trail Cam   First Timer with Trail Cam EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 11:48 am

And there was!! I will let Dave tell you all about it>
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: First Timer with Trail Cam   First Timer with Trail Cam EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 7:50 pm

Had tons of pics... great to see all the deer visiting the mineral site... will post some pictures and a story later...
Back to top Go down
MRA

MRA

PostSubject: Re: First Timer with Trail Cam   First Timer with Trail Cam EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 9:17 pm

Glad to hear you were finally successful dave!!!! I remember my first time, lol. Ill be looking for the pics.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: First Timer with Trail Cam   First Timer with Trail Cam EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 10:55 pm

Cool, cant wait to see them
Back to top Go down
dkoutdoors

dkoutdoors

PostSubject: Re: First Timer with Trail Cam   First Timer with Trail Cam EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 10:30 am

oh dave where are the pics?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Timer with Trail Cam   First Timer with Trail Cam Empty

Back to top Go down

First Timer with Trail Cam
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next