Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

STS put to the test

Go down 
+3
30pointbuck
Dave
Robert
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Robert

Robert

STS put to the test Empty
PostSubject: STS put to the test   STS put to the test EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 12:22 pm

A few weeks back Mark and I decided to put the new Lacrosse STS's through a big old nasty test. Mark went with the 1200 gram insulated and I wore the uninsulated. We picked a weekend where the weather could not have been worse. It had been raining for days and was a bit cold the day we went out. We headed to the woods to find a section with mud, water and just all and all muck. What we found was the STS lived up to the hype. Both pair of boots held their own and stayed dry while standing in the cold creek for an extended period. The cold creek water took about 5 minutes to reach my feet with the uninsulated boots and couldn't get past the insulation in Mark's boots. Both held their grip in the muddy hills and mush of the lower area's. We were out for over two hours and neither of us had a single issue with comfort or the boots over all ability to fight back the rain and cold. Both pair of STS's come with a gator but for the test I had taken mine off to see how the boot did without it. My overall opinion on the Lacrosse STS is a solid A. The boots are comfortable and dry and the insulated pair do a fantastic job of keeping you feet warm. Most importantly is the boot is very huntable. By this I mean it's ability to handle the woods and mother nature while also helping the hunter stay comfortable. The STS boot is also easy to get on and off and makes walking long distances a breeze. Plus it's still a rubber boot so you will remain scent free on your feet. The slogin is "without a trace" and that's exactly what you get.
If you are looking for a great hunting boot that will meet all your needs I would check out the Lacroose line and especially the STS boot.

Lacrosse has all your boot needs covered. You'll find boots in all price ranges and all are affordable. Comfortable boots help you stay out longer and staying out longer brings you all the more closer to that next trophy.

Here are a few pictures of our test.

STS put to the test Lacrosse3
STS put to the test Lacrosse4
STS put to the test Lacrosse5
STS put to the test Lacrosse6
STS put to the test Lacrosse7
STS put to the test Lacrosse8
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: STS put to the test   STS put to the test EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 1:43 pm

Thats a great review and owning a pair of these boots myself I will vouch for everything that was said. They are a great pair of boots!
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: STS put to the test   STS put to the test EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 2:12 pm

Look like awesome boots. I'll be checking those out.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: STS put to the test   STS put to the test EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 7:11 pm

Sweet they are the ones I have been looking at. Thanks for the info. SOLD!
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: STS put to the test   STS put to the test EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 7:45 pm

great review on a great boot
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: STS put to the test   STS put to the test EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 8:35 am

Great info guys
Back to top Go down
Niño

PostSubject: Re: STS put to the test   STS put to the test EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 11:47 pm

That is a great review, but I still got to wear out my alfa burly pair, with quality boots like these it ain't easy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: STS put to the test   STS put to the test Empty

Back to top Go down

STS put to the test
Page 1 of 1