Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

My youngest son Ricky scored

Go down 
+10
Camoed Assassin
Darius
BowBo
volway
Mark
Robert
Dave
LawCoBowhunter
30pointbuck
TheRomer
14 posters
AuthorMessage
TheRomer

My youngest son Ricky scored Empty
PostSubject: My youngest son Ricky scored   My youngest son Ricky scored EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 2:35 pm

What a great morning we had, started out slow with one gobbler way off in the distance. so we decided to go set up by a field, got the decoys set up and ourselfs set up around 10:30 on the field edge. did a few calls just to let anything around know we were here to please.lol

About 15 min went by and one of the decoys blew over(the Jake) so i was going to sneak out there and set it up,but as soon as i got to the edge of the field i saw two turkey out in the field to our right about 250 yrds away so i didnt make it out to set the decoy back up. went back and told them to get ready there is some turkey out in the field.

I grabbed my DB Titanium call and did a few soft yelps and purrs to get there attention. and it worked like a tee, 5 mins later hear comes 2 jake down the field edge right to our decoys one was just a strutting away.

they stopped just behind some bush and held up there for seemed to be for ever. they new something was up. and they turned and was going to walk away, but the strutter just stepped in enough clearing for my son to get the shot and Kabooom down he went cheers

5" Beard
7&8mm Spurs
and weighed in at 15 1/2 pounds

Now it time to get back out there and get Littleromer a bird

My youngest son Ricky scored Img_0235
My youngest son Ricky scored Img_0236
My youngest son Ricky scored Img_0238
My youngest son Ricky scored Img_0239
My youngest son Ricky scored Img_0240
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: My youngest son Ricky scored   My youngest son Ricky scored EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 2:52 pm

Thats awesome buddy congrats to your son. Great story and picts.
Back to top Go down
LawCoBowhunter

LawCoBowhunter

PostSubject: Re: My youngest son Ricky scored   My youngest son Ricky scored EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 3:19 pm

That's some great stuff right there,that smile says it all!Congrats to you guys!Glad to hear the call worked.I went out to do some looking around over on the farm,seen several fresh turkey tracks,I hope they are still around come wed morning!I can't take much more of this waiting around. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: My youngest son Ricky scored   My youngest son Ricky scored EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 4:09 pm

Gottsa love the smile. Congrats on your first bird... Well done!
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: My youngest son Ricky scored   My youngest son Ricky scored EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 4:40 pm

Great job you two. Congrats on a nice beard and what must have been a great morning
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: My youngest son Ricky scored   My youngest son Ricky scored EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 5:06 pm

Great job Ricky......... congrats to the Romer family

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
volway

volway

PostSubject: Re: My youngest son Ricky scored   My youngest son Ricky scored EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 10:33 pm

Mike tried to call ya after you sent me the text but I was in Ky and didn't have any service,CONGRATS to you both hope that's the first of MANY!!!!
Back to top Go down
BowBo

BowBo

PostSubject: Re: My youngest son Ricky scored   My youngest son Ricky scored EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 10:15 am

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR FIRST WILD TURKEY RICK!!!
You have broke the ice on what I'm sure will be a great hunting career for you buddy! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Darius

Darius

PostSubject: Re: My youngest son Ricky scored   My youngest son Ricky scored EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 5:08 pm

congrats. Looks like a great weekend guys. Congrats again.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: My youngest son Ricky scored   My youngest son Ricky scored EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 6:37 pm

NICE, love the pics!
Back to top Go down
bow_dad

bow_dad

PostSubject: Re: My youngest son Ricky scored   My youngest son Ricky scored EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 10:55 pm

Way to go little man! awesome pics and story
Back to top Go down
Blazin

Blazin

PostSubject: Re: My youngest son Ricky scored   My youngest son Ricky scored EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 5:12 am

Congrats to the dude on his first bird, waaay awesome!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: My youngest son Ricky scored   My youngest son Ricky scored EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 9:53 am

Thanks everyone, Ricky is still all fired up about it and i dont blame him a bit.

To make things even better, when i was cleaning the bird it had 2 beard cheers
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: My youngest son Ricky scored   My youngest son Ricky scored EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 10:50 am

That's awesome, congrats on his first bird!
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

PostSubject: Re: My youngest son Ricky scored   My youngest son Ricky scored EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 2:59 pm

YEAH! Big congrats to him on his first bird! You're going to run out of wall space with two more guys now taking trophies!
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: My youngest son Ricky scored   My youngest son Ricky scored EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 10:05 pm

Ricky wanted to say thanks to everyone for the congrats
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My youngest son Ricky scored   My youngest son Ricky scored Empty

Back to top Go down

My youngest son Ricky scored
Page 1 of 1