Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

My KY Trip

Go down 
+5
volway
Mark
mathewsguy
Robert
TheRomer
9 posters
AuthorMessage
TheRomer

My KY Trip Empty
PostSubject: My KY Trip   My KY Trip EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 6:39 pm

Man What a Great time it was hanging with Robert,Mark,Don And Steve and Christy. A great group of ppl for sure

Kentucky Trophy Whitetails Is a top notch outfitter,they deff have the wildlife down there. tons of turkey and deer. Cant wait to go back there.

Unfortunatlly I did not score on a bird, the weather was just so nasty the days we were there and the turkey were being very stubbern. but seen alot of them.

I did get one shot off but it missed its mark. I thought he was around 50 yrds out but after i walked it off it was 58 yrds. guesws my gun just wont reach that far. but it was either that shot or no shot at all as he was walking away.

But thats hunting.

I got to hunt with Robert,Mark and Don and seen birds with all of them
me and Mark kept getting busted by these 2 toms from 400 yrds away and all we would do is peak around a corner of a piont and bamm there they would go. amazing how far this birds can see.

Never got to hunt with Steve but will deff have to on the next trip.

And I especially want to thank Christy for some fine dinning.This lady sure does know how to cook.

But anyways I had a blast and cant wait to do it again sometime
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

My KY Trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: My KY Trip   My KY Trip EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 7:29 pm

Glad you had a good time. It was a blast
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

My KY Trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: My KY Trip   My KY Trip EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 7:32 pm

sounds like you all had a great time
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

My KY Trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: My KY Trip   My KY Trip EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 8:10 pm

I too had a great time.... no turkey

rain and 30 MPH winds help put a stop to that...... then Wed morning was beautiful little chilly but sunny, and they were gobbling their heads off, heard at least 8 gobblers

but none came to the field I was hunting, well of course the 4 dogs that ran thtought it didnt help.

But they do but some great land to hunt......thousands of acres, holds lots of deer and turkey

Nate did a great job of showing us farms and where to go down there in KY

Got to hangout with Robert and Mike Romer....finally got a chance to meet Steve & Christy (Volways) and Don (Camoed Assassin) great bunch of people, had a great time sharing turkey camp with them.......

and one very important note .........Romer cant out run cows!!!! affraid

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

My KY Trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: My KY Trip   My KY Trip EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 8:16 pm

To funny. I know where you two were then. I saw those cows
Back to top Go down
volway

volway

My KY Trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: My KY Trip   My KY Trip EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 8:28 pm

You all hit the nail on the head,WEATHER WOW!! I have never seen it like that so "Late" into the season,I'm pretty sure thats what kept us from getting birds on the ground,there was one outing with Robert,Nate and myself were the decoys were getting blown over.Another outing with Mark & myself we saw a bunch of hens but the Toms just wouldn't show there face,Did have the chance to video Don (camoedassasin) get a bird on the ground,it was pretty comical so I will let him tell the story,I'm sure he is still on his way home.

But over all had great time hanging out with everyone in camp and can't wait to do it again.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

My KY Trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: My KY Trip   My KY Trip EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 8:32 pm

Sounds like a great time was had... Hopefully I will be able to make the next trip...
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

My KY Trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: My KY Trip   My KY Trip EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 9:00 pm

Sounds like it was a great time for sure.
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

My KY Trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: My KY Trip   My KY Trip EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 9:24 pm

volway wrote:
You all hit the nail on the head,WEATHER WOW!! I have never seen it like that so "Late" into the season,I'm pretty sure thats what kept us from getting birds on the ground,there was one outing with Robert,Nate and myself were the decoys were getting blown over.Another outing with Mark & myself we saw a bunch of hens but the Toms just wouldn't show there face,Did have the chance to video Don (camoedassasin) get a bird on the ground,it was pretty comical so I will let him tell the story,I'm sure he is still on his way home.

But over all had great time hanging out with everyone in camp and can't wait to do it again.

Yeah I heard his story already. It is pretty funny. I bet you did not know a man that big could move so fast.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

My KY Trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: My KY Trip   My KY Trip EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 10:15 pm

Yeah I heard his story already. It is pretty funny. I bet you did not know a man that big could move so fast.[/quote]

I like to call it cat like reflexes. I'll get the story up tomorrow. Just got home a little while ago and after being in the truck all day I'm going to bed.
Back to top Go down
volway

volway

My KY Trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: My KY Trip   My KY Trip EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 10:28 pm

I like to call it cat like reflexes. I'll get the story up tomorrow. Just got home a little while ago and after being in the truck all day I'm going to bed.[/quote]

Don't know if I would call it "Cat Like",you have to remember I was there and I saw it all!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My KY Trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: My KY Trip   My KY Trip Empty

Back to top Go down

My KY Trip
Page 1 of 1